RIP Engineer

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

This changes made it clear no one at Anet even plays the darn profession , nothing but nerfs to engi but buffs to everyrone else as well as CD reductions

this is what i feared that they would be solely focused on defense nerf and ignore basic facts like scrapper is a low mobility melee spec

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

What did you expect?
They made a spec based over melee combat, low mobility and ai minions and they’re balancing it over a mode based upon tanking inside small points versus people that hate every form of ai.
Of course it would end up as a disaster.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Engineer was already pretty dead before this patch. I like how they said they buffed abilities that are less used, yet they did absolutely nothing to turrets which no one uses.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

what Anet did is what i call a Hypocrite Nerf

Scrapper sustain is considered too broken

yet Ele,Druid,Revenant,Warriors,Mesmer,Necro have just as much sustain group support ,debuff , and superior damage and Those are considered Balanced?

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I had high hopes for the engi this patch. I got greatly disappointed – it pains me that ANet has no clue about in what state we are …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

well Farewell everyone I am uninstalling after almost 5k hours playing and having made 14 engineers

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Farewell whinerboiz

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

good thing they made bomb kit totally viable….. Now I’ll take the explosions trait for sure cause they made all those trait changes to make it worth while…

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

yet Ele,Druid,Revenant,Warriors,Mesmer,Necro have just as much sustain group support ,debuff , and superior damage and Those are considered Balanced?

Yes because no other class got nerfed this patch. I’m sure all eles for example are rejoicing in their forum and snickering at the silly engies.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if you wanna make engi great again, post threads with intelligent discussion about what is too strong/weak, why it is so, and how one could fix the issue by changing a few numbers or removing some kind of effect. dont ask for new mechanics or complete overhauls. take what is already there and find a simple way to improve it. its likely to get done if its a really good idea.

i dont seem to recall having many good threads like that in the last 3 months (except the net shot thread), but i do recall having several threads like that in the previous 3 months. we directed/inspired the sustain nerfs in the last quarterly update, i think. and theyve taken ideas from this sub before. no one can claim credit or give credit, and frankly it doesnt matter as long as the class can be improved, but if we arent here making great threads then we prolly wont make engi great.

who cares if anet plays engi or not, so long as theyre able to design it and listen to the people who may have more insight into the class. theyve shown they can listen. make your voice heard.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

Maybe I’m missing something, but please point me towards where for example the turrets got fixed and make sense to be used ?
Gyros still go MIA regularly for me, but now after the patch I can at least consider not to use them, so one less choice to be made.

I have to play piano on my keyboard, monitor 2,5 complete skillbars in my head, rotate skills and kits like a maniac, while okitteneeping track of the gameplay itself, just to be en par with other classes where I simply can press 4-5 buttons with the same output. The ones who mastered engi deserve to be good. I don’t understand 80% of the changes they made, they ruined the few builds which were usable. Killed things like the med gyro, which were the ONLY OTHER usable healing skill that was worth to be used. Now everyone goes back using the turret again….
sad me

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

It seems I play my engineer totally wrong. The update hardly scratched any of my skills. Some got buffed, few nerfed. For the moment my build works as it should. The heal-gyro is a bit annyoing now, as I can no longer activate it while resurrecting, which still is ok.

Honestly I was expecting to lose the permanent stability of the Juggernaut-Trait at least. Also I expected to get a massive increase for kit-cooldown/switching and some nerfs to the elexir gun as well. Did not happen.

I was hoping to see the infamous gyro-cooldown bug to get fixed, which did not happen either. So infinite mass stealth for another couple of weeks/months, which is nice. ANets priorities are a bit strange. A bug I reported 2 days before the patch got fixed in the patch, while the gyro-issue remains working for months.

In my old MMORPG, I played a gladiator. It was designed to be the best 1v1 class in the game with massive damage output. As I played on a freeshard and the community was mostly in mages, archers and daggers, we literally faced one nerf after another. Whenever we received a new skill, the programmer focused on making it as useless as possible. That was not nice. But I sticked to my gladiator, as I loved the playstyle. After every update/nerf, I looked what was not touched and adjusted my configuration again. When I finally stoped playing the game, my total attackspeed and power were literally cut in half, compared to the days I started the class. I would have played another year, but RL pushed me away.

Playing a class when it is strong is nice. But it is only the shiny side of the coin. I’ve selected the engineer mostly because it is NOT OP in this game. I’ve chosen it because it has a huge variety of skills and possibilities and because of its speed. Managing the recent nerfs might be tough, but not impossible.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

What’s the point of having an “huge variety of skills and possibilities” if almost all of those bring just about mediocre results?
What’s the point of turrets, that could never be used as intended outside of pvp (and that got nerfed to the floor there too, and forgotten thereafter)?
What’s the point of gadgets, that are just too weak to see some use in a class that’s essentially balanced over using kits, and whose only gadget that saw situational use got dumped right in the garbage bin?
Why should someone waste their slots over elixirs in PvE, if their effects are mediocre, their group support is even worse and by using them you end up lacking the means to use that might they may provide – assuming you’ve traited them and that nobody else is already doing so party wide and better…something that will instead happen in any decent enough group or raid squad.
And now we got gyros, that somehow end up being an amalgam of all the weaknesses an ai minion can have – they’re dumb, non responsive at all while having effects provided around them, they’ve got both a duration and an health bar, and yet they get constantly neutrered.
All that’s left are kits. The skill type designed to make us “versatile” (they don’t, we use them just because we lack dps sources by baseline) and which pigeon-holed us instead.

Let’s just face the harsh reality.
No one cares about having an engineer in party, and ironically enough, scrappers are even worse in that regard. We don’t offer anything worthwhile to a party that other classes can’t already provide. We should be versatile, but we have to use all the weapons and utility slots just to provide dps comparable to other classes, in complex rotations that have the same result that other classes can provide by pressing a bunch of buttons.
Engineers are just that terrible as far as group content goes. And nothing is going to change.

Because we may have a couple builds good enough when we stand alone inside a circle, and we get balanced over that specific display of performance…even if the rest of the game just doesn’t work like that. But it isn’t like anybody cares, right?

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Allie.4925

Allie.4925

I did more dps on my guardian, auto-attacking, than I did on my scrapper, with it’s insane rotation.

This patch made me sad.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

Yes because no other class got nerfed this patch. I’m sure all eles for example are rejoicing in their forum and snickering at the silly engies.

the thing is their nerfs were minor and dint completely break their previous playstyles
and another thing is they were compensated they got CD reductions or damage buffs or extra utility on skills , engi just got flat out nerfs and the few buffs they got were all over the place minor buff on pistol , ok buff on rifle but engi has no weapon swap so gg

warriors are still running unkillable CC condi spam , revs are still running the usual high burst all over the place mobility , block spam they had, necros are still running condi and boon corrupt spam , so on so forth

then theres PVE this changes also affect pve
and WvW , engineer already had no role in WvW

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

at least they buffed net shot so that shows us they do listen , and there might be hope someday

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

at least they buffed net shot so that shows us they do listen , and there might be hope someday

Thats true!!

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I play both Ele and Engi… And both got nerfed

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

The engineer hasn’t had very high dps in a long time. I don’t know why people still try to get the engi to have as much dps as possible. The Engineer is a class that can fit into any category. Grenades have a decent damage output and apply tons of vulnerability if traited right. Flamethrower is mostly a playstyle kit imo, most likely no one has noticed that a trait in the scrapper line has boosted the juggernaut trait, it doesn’t make it better then any other kits, traits, or weapons but it does make the flamethrower better then it has before.
Everyone should just stop trying to get the highest possible dps on the engi, it can get very decent dps, but that’s not all its meant to do. The Engineer also may not get better, but it is still a perfectly viable and very fun class to play.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

That patch made me sad.
Anet is creating skills with a concept. Now it is the second time a concept got removed by Anet because of whine.

Turrets were designed to defend a specific area. They got nerfed so hard, that they are just not able to do this job at all. You are always better not running turrets now.

Second concept removed are gyros…. they were a set of many insta-cast minions (4 out of 6 were insta-cast). But people whine and now they gave 2 of them (stealth and medic) cast times. For me, medic gyro is completely dead now. That it was insta-cast was the only thing that made you consider taking it over the heal turret. With that gone, I don’t see a reason to use it anymore.

I was never really happy with the elite spec, that anet gave to us. Maybe the next elite spec will make me want to play gw2 again. But for now, I don’t care for this game anymore.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

now think of something better to buff

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Engineer was already pretty dead before this patch. I like how they said they buffed abilities that are less used, yet they did absolutely nothing to turrets which no one uses.

That’s exactly what I thought. ^

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

now think of something better to buff

i had a 30 page powerpoint presentation with ideas at some point , but this is Anet we’re talking about , and the least cared for profession

this guys are out of focus right now it feels

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

All this talk about pvp lol..

To heck with that, engis we’re barely allowed for one raid boss.. now this insured that anyone who mains engi will never see a raid again.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

In the last tarir assault I participated, I was the only scrapper in the squad. That is sad indeed.

I get your point, you want to have top DPS – especially Xyonon. But what is an engineer? We are not supposed to be a high damage class. We don’t have swords or axes, we only have ranged weapons and shield and, thanks to the scrapper, a hammer. GW2 promised us we could play every playstyle with every class. That works, but only to a certain point for every class.

Think about the following tasks, how far can you go before you realize it is impossible?
- Create a warrior which heals as good as a guardian or a druid.
- Create a thief which tanks as good as a guardian.
- Create a druid that does the same damage as a tempest.
- Create a necromancer who deals same damage as a warrior, without using conditions.
- Create a warrior which deals superior damage by using conditions only.

Most of these are ridiculous. If you are crazy enough to try it, you realize it is impossible after some time. But the engineer. The class which was not designed or ever expected to be a good DPS? The engineer should deal massive damage and be superior among other damage dealing classes? seriously?

I play it on tank and support. Other classes can tank better and be better supports. We are most flexible and can play what we want in different situations. Other classes have to respec, change armor, skills. Sometimes they are not capable at all and have to log another character. With all that (for you totally useless) flexibility, we deal average damage, which is nice. Taking a look on the poor durid who would be glad to have our damage peaks. Play the engineer where he is good at. But don’t expect miracles.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

Thx for reminding us thieves how trash we are… Luv u

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

In the last tarir assault I participated, I was the only scrapper in the squad. That is sad indeed.

I get your point, you want to have top DPS – especially Xyonon. But what is an engineer? We are not supposed to be a high damage class. We don’t have swords or axes, we only have ranged weapons and shield and, thanks to the scrapper, a hammer. GW2 promised us we could play every playstyle with every class. That works, but only to a certain point for every class.

Think about the following tasks, how far can you go before you realize it is impossible?
- Create a warrior which heals as good as a guardian or a druid.
- Create a thief which tanks as good as a guardian.
- Create a druid that does the same damage as a tempest.
- Create a necromancer who deals same damage as a warrior, without using conditions.
- Create a warrior which deals superior damage by using conditions only.

Most of these are ridiculous. If you are crazy enough to try it, you realize it is impossible after some time. But the engineer. The class which was not designed or ever expected to be a good DPS? The engineer should deal massive damage and be superior among other damage dealing classes? seriously?

I play it on tank and support. Other classes can tank better and be better supports. We are most flexible and can play what we want in different situations. Other classes have to respec, change armor, skills. Sometimes they are not capable at all and have to log another character. With all that (for you totally useless) flexibility, we deal average damage, which is nice. Taking a look on the poor durid who would be glad to have our damage peaks. Play the engineer where he is good at. But don’t expect miracles.

Thank you for this, I tried to explain this, but I did not do it very well at all. You explained this far better then I ever could. You are one of the few people who actually understand the engineer.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Engineer will always be kind of king in the control domain through launch, knockbacks, daze though. Sure other class have good options too but engineer have them on lower CD. Problem is : in group PVE it is not that useful any more…

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I feared last seasons eles much more for their AOE CC abilities.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

The 2 main classes I played in pvp were engineer and ele so imagine how I feel. Lol. Engineer is still viable though.

RIP Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Anet is just lazy to put anymore effort to this class because they want to keep the meta happy. I’m ok though, these things are what makes a great Engineer. BRING MORE NERFS ANET.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer