RIP HEALING TURRET !

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: DRfear.5234

DRfear.5234

So I understand that Anet wants to revive Turrets (all the respect for that !)… however you do not realize that you have just completely slaughtered the healing turret. I am pretty sure that I am not the only Engineer out there who finds it completely Mental.

before it was very simple to deploy turret, then activate the healing burst and comfortably detonate with tool skill. however now if you do the same, your turret explodes before even activating the Cleansing burst….

and I know that it is still possible, but in my case it is about 60% that I will successfully detonate the turret during the cleansing burst HOWEVER it takes a huge amount of focus from my side. (there is a delay on the overcharge after deploying which causes me to miss the healing blast)

before I could easily watch the game and use my turret to full potential, maybe even add a second blast or leap into the water field

Conclusion : Either make sure that the cleansing burst activates the exactly at the same moment you deploy the healing turret, so the chance if linking the blast with the water field will be 100% or just return Healing Turret on the way it used to be where tool skill = Detonation.

(edited by DRfear.5234)

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

I am, and will continue to be, distrustful of A.Net and their handling of the Engineer.

With that said, I experienced the same problem you did and I came to the same conclusion – it is a muscle memory that will just have to be relearned. The timing is still there, just different. I don’t think this kills the turret, I feel that is an over-reaction. If anything, it makes it more enjoyable. …Or it will be once I re-learn the timing.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

When you see the big white circle from the waterfield you know you can detonate (just a tip).

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: DRfear.5234

DRfear.5234

yes, I agree it is completely a Muscle Memory if u do it 3 years, it is hard to change in 2 hours.

I have to train it at least 5 hours a day

Detonating turrent with my current keybinds was as natural s breathing for me , which is good because you have a lot more time watching the game.

now it feels like a lot of that time is spend actually making sure i get the detonation, failing to do so is very Punishing.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Patch note says:
Turrets: Added a 0.5-second recharge delay to detonate-turret skills, when a turret is first placed, in order to prevent accidental detonation.

Well they ALMOST solved the problem of detonating before overcharging but I can still manage to detonate before the overcharge kicks in when I spam the healing button
if anyone knows how to inform the devs about this that would be cool because now is the time that most of such issues will be resolved (patches)
Video Proof

ITS A MATHER OF MILLISECONDS SOMETIMES THE DETONATION COMES BEFORE THE OVERCHARGE AND SOMETIMES THE OVERCHARGE COMES BEFORE THE DETONATION.

(edited by santenal.1054)

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Patch note says:
Turrets: Added a 0.5-second recharge delay to detonate-turret skills, when a turret is first placed, in order to prevent accidental detonation.

Well they ALMOST solved the problem of detonating before overcharging but I can still manage to detonate before the overcharge kicks in when I spam the healing button
if anyone knows how to inform the devs about this that would be cool because now is the time that most of such issues will be resolved (patches)
Video Proof

Declare a bug in-game. IMO is probably the fastest way.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

The problem is that the overcharge is 3/4 of a second, and the delay is 1/2 of a second. That leaves 1/4 of a second where it can be detonated without overcharge.

Seriously? They couldn’t log onto an engi char to check this?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

Who should login and test this ? The trainee who came up with these changes ? The one who never played engi nor tried to use his brain to THINK about the actual reason why noone out there used turrets in the first place ? BECAUSE THEY SUCK IN EVERY POINT THAT MATTERS:
No valuable traits worth using,
Dies in AoE in an instant,
Long CD,
Useless Dmg / Effects,

The only reason the turrets were good was to use their blast finishers. But even that they kittened up now. It is beyond me how they shine in their inability to read the gazillions of amazing ideas the community had in the past 4,5 years and each “balance patch” they completely kitten up more instead of addressing the issues there are.
Just looking at the bomb trait line, 110% useless in every single trait in there. There is even that video that completely explains why.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

yes, I agree it is completely a Muscle Memory if u do it 3 years, it is hard to change in 2 hours.

I have to train it at least 5 hours a day

Detonating turrent with my current keybinds was as natural s breathing for me , which is good because you have a lot more time watching the game.

now it feels like a lot of that time is spend actually making sure i get the detonation, failing to do so is very Punishing.

I hear ya. I had some embarrassing moments today when I tried to overload my supply crate. It will be quite some time before we adjust to this. But, with the other turrets making a comeback, the F1 of healing turret suddenly sees some additional use – blow up rifle turrets with the F1 healing turret, after the rifle turret is done with its overload. If you’ve got the finger dexterity, also try for a jump shot or a Flamethrower 2-2.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

I just tested this and with the 0.5 sec delay on detonation. You can literally just spam your healing turret and you will get the full heal, heal from balst as well. So I really don’t see the problem here. The healing turret has just been made easier to get the full heal potential.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

santenal.1054

I just tested this and with the 0.5 sec delay on detonation. You can literally just spam your healing turret and you will get the full heal, heal from balst as well. So I really don’t see the problem here. The healing turret has just been made easier to get the full heal potential.

Nope, If you spam the healing button there is a great chance that the overcharge comes too late.
Its a mather of milliseconds, sometimes the detonation comes before the overcharge and sometimes the overcharge comes before the detonation.

coro’s Video proof
My Video Proof

(It seems to be more frequent while in combat but that might just be my imagination)

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Theonord.6359

Then just w8 that milisecond. We did it before and it was no problem. I actually find the the Cleansing burst is much more consistent now than before. It activates instantly.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Then just w8 that milisecond. We did it before and it was no problem. I actually find the the Cleansing burst is much more consistent now than before. It activates instantly.

Yes, or they could slightly increase the 0.5s delay and save lots of engineer lives in the years to come. This is such an impactfull and easy to implement quality of life change.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

Yes, or they could slightly increase the 0.5s delay and save lots of engineer lives in the years to come. This is such an impactfull and easy to implement quality of life change.

Or (and this is just a suggestion) start paying attention to your surroundings and blast the water field when it’s there

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Or (and this is just a suggestion) start paying attention to your surroundings and blast the water field when it’s there

“Start”? I can assure you that I already do that. Why do you guys bother pointing out the known alternative to a (without a doubt popular) quality of life suggestion?

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

leviathan.2148

I just wonder why suddenly now people have a problem with HT not giving water field right after spawn and they destroy the turret without blasting it as if the delay of the water field was introduced with the recent patch.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Well in certain situations you want to be spamming your healing skill to be sure that it starts as fast as possible (eg. just after an animation that doesn’t allow you to activate non instant skills like healing turret or after a daze, … ) , while keeping your eyes somewhere else than the skill bar/healing turret, but now that detonate is on the same keybind as the healing skill the possibility of detonating as result of the healing skill spamming and only getting like 2700 healing is a newly formed problem.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

It’s a problem in PvP scenarios too, where sometimes you can’t even see that the water field has laid down.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I’m not sure if you pvp or wvw much, but that’s really not an option in the heat of combat. You absolutely do NOT want to be thinking about “did I wait 0.74s or 0.75s?” before you detonate your turret. It just needs to work.

(edited by coro.3176)

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Theonord.6359

3k hours in WvW about 2k on Engi.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Having the option to insta detonating the turret over another field is good, IMO. They should keep the “wait a little” focus. It creates more alternatives, and a more skilled gameplay.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

coro.3176

Getting 2.5k heal and no condi cleanse because you pressed it at 749ms rather than 750ms really sucks.

It’s hard to get the timing right through lag. The overcharge isn’t obvious enough, and it adds precious milliseconds onto your heal combo, making it closer to a 1s interruptable heal rather than a 0.75s fast combo. If they’re going to stick with that, IMO it could use a buff to compensate.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Dothl Lai.5829

Dothl Lai.5829

The turret change kittening sucks. Like Anet, think about this, what if I want to heal myself without affecting teammates’ field combos? Answer that.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Dothl Lai.5829

Dothl Lai.5829

I’m not sure if you pvp or wvw much, but that’s really not an option in the heat of combat. You absolutely do NOT want to be thinking about “did I wait 0.74s or 0.75s?” before you detonate your turret. It just needs to work.

he’s a filthy casual engie obviously and never understand how important blasting a water field at precise moment is. Now I just tried out the new engie in pve, and I can’t count how many times the healing turret blasted without overcharging because I need that healing and cleanse immediately, and couldn’t afford to wait an extra 0.5s.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s fine. It was a bit jarring after the patch but it only took maybe a day to get used to. Just need to force your muscle memory by being more conscious of the timings for a while.

It certainly feels a little awkward still but it’ll become natural again eventually.

Practice, guys.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

santenal.1054

No need to insult eachother.

The recent turret changes have turned into a med kit 2.0 story and we all have different concerns in how we can use the turret/blast finisher/water field, some people just aren’t yet aware of all the problems that have been created.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

leviathan.2148

Well in certain situations you want to be spamming your healing skill to be sure that it starts as fast as possible (eg. just after an animation that doesn’t allow you to activate non instant skills like healing turret or after a daze, … ) , while keeping your eyes somewhere else than the skill bar/healing turret, but now that detonate is on the same keybind as the healing skill the possibility of detonating as result of the healing skill spamming and only getting like 2700 healing is a newly formed problem.

And I get it but the delay of HT giving the water field has been there always and if you spammed the button you didn’t blast it consistently all the time. Nothing has changed in this terms.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

santenal.1054

And I get it but the delay of HT giving the water field has been there always and if you spammed the button you didn’t blast it consistently all the time. Nothing has changed in this terms.

Its not (only) about blasting the the water field but about not getting the heal ,regeneration + condi cleanses of the overcharge.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

coro.3176

IMO, it was nearly impossible to mess up the sequence pre-patch because it didn’t involve any counting of milliseconds after activation. You deployed the turret, you activated the overcharge, then as soon as you hit the button to activate the overcharge you could destroy the turret, knowing that it had gone off and the water field was there.

Currently, there’s this awkward pause waiting for the overcharge to go off, and wanting to blast it as soon as it’s ready, but not having the tactile feedback of pressing a button. It’s easy to accidentally trigger it early when there’s lag or cc or just chaotic combat in general.

You can tell they didn’t want this to be a thing because they added the detonate lockout shortly after the balance patch. Also, it’s kitten near impossible to trigger a non-overcharged blast when you’re out of combat. They just didn’t get the lockout quite long enough. Deploying the turret seems to take slightly longer in combat, and this exceeds the lockout duration.

• Cleansing burst is instant, and it should be the first thing that happens once the turret is deployed (overcharge happens automatically when turrets are deployed).
  • You should only be able to detonate a turret once it has finished deploying
  • Therefore, if you can detonate the turret, cleansing burst should have already activated.

If that doesn’t happen, then something has gone wrong in the skill queuing.

(edited by coro.3176)

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

leviathan.2148

You deployed the turret, you activated the overcharge, then as soon as you hit the button to activate the overcharge you could destroy the turret, knowing that it had gone off and the water field was there.

Actually the water field wasn’t there all the time right after activation. It wasn’t consistent because at one time it spawned right after using the overcharge, other times it spawned a second later. If you were button spamming then you destroyed the turret without blasting it quite often.

Now it’s at least consistent, predictable and much easier to blast. But the situation is pretty much the same – if you wanted to blast it each time before, you had to pay attention to when it spawned and now you need to do exactly the same thing. You can just be sure that in 0.75s it will be there so you can build a mechanical memory and not look for it because it will be there each time.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I noticed that while running with swiftness and dropping the turret, sometimes you’re out of the area before you can even detonate in the water field.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

santenal.1054

I noticed that while running with swiftness and dropping the turret, sometimes you’re out of the area before you can even detonate in the water field.

Hmm, speed is reduced by 33% while in combat so that shouldn’t be a problem. I can do a flame blast + jumpshot combo finisher in the water field while running straight forward in combat with swiftness.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Yeah this was the result of the April 19th patch in an effort to reduce Engi survivability. It was annoying and made the skill more irritating to use imo.

Healing Turret (April 19): The casting time of this skill has been increased from 0.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds.

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm, speed is reduced by 33% while in combat so that shouldn’t be a problem. I can do a flame blast + jumpshot combo finisher in the water field while running straight forward in combat with swiftness.

Yea, you don’t actually have to be that close to the turret for it to work. Granted I don’t actually use swiftness but mecha legs but I don’t think there’s that big of a difference.

https://youtu.be/NTFPulWuZoo
I spend a few minutes casting it off cooldown.

I did screw up blasting into a lightning field once…. And yea, had there been more hazardous conditions there would be a greater chance of screwing up but that applies to everything. I didn’t really see a difference while playing normally. But then again you’re probably not needing to heal every 20 seconds either.

On the other hand, it would seem this skill does seem a bit unnecessarily punishing since screwing up means your heal skill is much worse. There are a few conditional healing skills out there, but they’re generally revolving around dealing/absorbing damage which is far more reliable typically.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

RIP HEALING TURRET !

in Engineer

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

um are we playing the same class here? engi always required a huge amount of focus to play, not even by just paying attention to the map but keeping mental track of your CD’s to make sure you don’t switch to a kit you shouldn’t be on yet, and I find the delay a bit more useful as after a bit of testing a realized the blast goes from where you are standing allowing me to position myself to try and make sure the allies I want to heal get the heals instead of the guy at 90% health and the delay shouldn’t effect getting more blast and leaps in as the duration of the field has not changed