Rabid or Rampager for Condition Engi? (PvE)

in Engineer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Question is in the title…
I’ve been a power-grenadier for a while, growing a little bored, missing using two pistols like in the beginning, so I figured I’d get a second set and convert to Condition engineer.

What does the community consider better for PvE? I am hoping to do dungeons eventually, but I am rather casual as of right now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

The community considers sinister engineer to be the best for a condition damage set. If you decide you’re going to go glassy, Sinister is much better than Rampager. The reality is that the damage difference between full Rabid vs. full Sinister is actually pretty small (less than 10% when fully buffed). You don’t do much of anything to structures if you go Rabid, but you do gain a ton of survivability. Either option is strong depending on what your goals are.

in Engineer

TwiceDead.1963

I couldn’t find Sinister at all in the trading post, nor in the crafting menu (I am at a level to craft it, so I figured Sinister wasn’t a thing anymore, huh.

Regardless, thank you for the input!

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You get sinister from Silverwastes recipes. But yeah testing from leading pve guilds has shown sinister to be the highest condi dmg combo.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

TwiceDead.1963

I think I am going to go with Rabid to start with… Seems safer, while allowing me to play around a bit before I dedicate, I think.

Thanks for the help, guys.

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

I couldn’t find Sinister at all in the trading post, nor in the crafting menu (I am at a level to craft it, so I figured Sinister wasn’t a thing anymore, huh.

Regardless, thank you for the input!

You can find the ascended recipes on the tp. The exotic recipes drop from chests and events the silverwastes. In order to make it, you’ll need charged quartz crystals (once for each piece, you charge 25 quartz crystals at a place of power once per day. I believe they’re account bound.

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

rabid is about 7% dmg loss from sinister, but gives the equivalent of protection when comparing survival against pure damage attacks

definitely avoid structures on rabid though, or get another set and swap out for encounters

if you’re really having problems, dire engi is about 20% dmg loss from sinister, but is ridiculously tanky