Rabid replacement...

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

After copious amounts of searching, it seems Rabid gear is only available via HotW (wasted levelling leather for nothing…).
I don`t pve & never intend to, so kind of screwed.

It`ll be primarily for WvWs. Pistol/Shield, Elixir S, Grenades, Elixir C, Elite kit.
Is this right & if so, what would you recommend for condi engie?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

You can obtain it via WvW (all kind of stats in new vendor) and Orr temples also

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

TA, AC, Arah. Rabid can also be got with karma from certain orr karma vendors I believe.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Fishbait.6723

Thanks
Went to Arah karma vendor before coming here, unfortunately, despite place not being contested, no npc was in sight. Guess day off.

I`ll nosey WvWs again, didn`t see Rabid type stats, probably missed them.
Alas, my engie has zero waypoints further south then Queensdale, yet..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Also available from Caudacus Mansion

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

You can absolutely pick up a full Rabid set in WvW. Home BL in the citadel look for the Armor Master up front. That vendor sells multiple sets, rabid is one of the bottom options. It’ll cost you 950 badges and about 5g50s in total. Accessories and rings I’m not 100% on, but pretty sure that on of the Orr temple vendors has a few. I never dungeon either so no clue on those vendors.

As for spec, I’ve run something similar in the past, only thing I might suggest is if you aren’t having a tough time holding up against enemy condi builds, swap C for something like Toolkit for the extra confusion, block and pull. That’s just my goto kit anyway.

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Vatlaaw

Prices

Karma Accessories

TP

Ring

Plague
Signet of Grenth

Earring (Accessory)
Rotbeard’s Treasure
Tortured Root

Amulet
Colossus Fang

Not all prices match in game pricing. My suggestion is that you buy the armor and spend the karma on the accessories as they are expensive.

Hope it helps.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Get it from WvW. Very inexpensive that way, especially if you’ve got some achievement chests under your belt. Although dungeon farming can be good for your cash reserves anyways, but then that’s tokens you can’t spend on weapons or on rares to salvage into ectos.

You can’t get the weapons from WvW though, only the armor pieces.

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I’ve never really understood Rabid gear. I have Carrion (PVC) and run a Condition build. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know. I only have 8% Critical Chance….

….but hey, I’m all in on Conditions.

IMhO Rabid, which has both Precision and Condition Damage, just doesn’t do any one build justice. Maybe a hybrid? which I have run before, but it was not very satisfying.

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I’ve never really understood Rabid gear. I have Carrion (PVC) and run a Condition build. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know. I only have 8% Critical Chance….

IMhO Rabid, which has both Precision and Condition Damage, just doesn’t do any one build justice. Maybe a hybrid? which I have run before, but it was not very satisfying.

I guess it depends on how you feel about your tank when it comes to carrion versus rabid, and how much you want to use proc on crit runes/traits, personally I’ll allways go rabid over carrion maybe throw some carrion in there for extra hp if I’m running hgh as you get alotta fury and a decent chance at protection with the right traits

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Get it from WvW. Very inexpensive that way, especially if you’ve got some achievement chests under your belt. Although dungeon farming can be good for your cash reserves anyways, but then that’s tokens you can’t spend on weapons or on rares to salvage into ectos.

You can’t get the weapons from WvW though, only the armor pieces.

You can get the weapons too. It’s not even hidden. The weapon vendor doesn’t have tabs for each stat set though, they are all lumped together in a single tab.

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Probably the easiest visual to explain it: Rabid gear in WvW keeps me from going down faster than a drunk freshman after their first keg stand when everyone’s yelling “CHUG”. The toughness is pretty necessary for zerg fights, especially considering the huge blobby lag we usually deal with in T1/2. I’d rather be beefy and half health than deader than dead and rezzing half the enemy team while plowing through their zerg.

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

Rabid replacement...

in Engineer

Fishbait.6723

I kitten ed. (edit: apparently “kitten ” requires filtering??)
Figured why couldn`t see the 80 Rabid gear (I`m only 75 so far), had to log an 80 to check the vendors out. D`Oh!
Ran to Malchors to grab a rabid ring, book of rabid deeds & rabid amulet. Luckily got millions of karma to waste.
Also thousands of badges of jumpi…I mean honour, so can grab the gear once hit 80
62 laurels so can probably buy something with those too.

I do try Tool kit at times, but most folk in WvWs seem to be running condi, so more often then not use elixir c.