Requesting opinion on respec'ing my Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Quillum.4527

Quillum.4527

Long story short, I’ve been gone from the game for several months and would like to try updating my engineer some. Back when I played (before Dragonbash), I’d been directed the way of Flamethrower kit and taking advantage of the Flame Legion runes to boost its effectiveness while wearing predominantly Knight’s armor. I come back now and see that there’s a big revamp of things to come in the near future, with me wanting to change up my spec to something else. Am I better off right now just waiting til after this big patch before I invest money into re-gearing?

If there’s not going to be that much of a difference, what are the current popular WvW and PvE/Dungeon builds/gear sets. There’s quite a lot on the forums to browse through and any links to specific builds would be appreciated to help cut down on how long it will take to actually find them.

I should note that, although its the popular choice for DPS, I’m not looking to really become a glass cannon. In addition, part of my problem with being gone so long, I have no idea what the common abbreviations for Engineers mean that people use here on the forums…or just the abbreviations in general for the game.

I appreciate any and all constructive advice and opinions, thank you!

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Play what you know best and enjoy.

If you want the best, just nades or something….

in Engineer

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

Hey my signature has a link to my channel. I have put guides on there originally for my guildies so they can learn to play engi again. they have been pretty popular.

In a couple of weeks it will all change anyway so use this time to experiment. and if you check back i will be updating all my builds as soon as the patch is released.

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds