Returning engi' needing gear advice

in Engineer

Posted by: jlneedham.8219

jlneedham.8219

Just need some gear advice for a 30/0/30/0/10 solo roaming bomb healer Tanky engi. Thought about going for some p/t/v gear but am curious to know if apothecary or clerics set of exotics would be better. I like being Tanky with high hp and high tough but I fear I won’t have enough killing power that’s why I was considering a clerics set or apothecary set. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Apothecary will offer the best damage while still maintaining silly amounts of tankiness.

With an apothecary set up you can also take other condition kits like nades for extra dps, or something like toolkit/eg or rocket boots for added sustain.

Edit: Dec 10th patch: the scaling healing bombs gets from healing power is being increased by 50%.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

jlneedham.8219

Good to know thanks friend

in Engineer

jlneedham.8219

Another question. Should I be going after a specific set of pistols and shield?

in Engineer

K U T M.4539

Another question. Should I be going after a specific set of pistols and shield?

Apothecary or settler’s if you can. Giver’s if you feel your condis don’t last long enough.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

and for the off chance you don’t feel like using condition damage get your self some celestial gear if you can, atm i just have rifle, chest, amulet and a ring the rest is clerics and on the average target im hitting a good 2k on crits on bomb auto while also having over 1k healing power and with the right traits and regen im getting around 400ish hp per second spamming bombs and its only going to get better after the patch, lacks on crit chance but ive been using precision food to get that up to around 35ish% but there is alotta options for what ya can do to maximize damage output and tanking ability and alotta options for the runes/sigils to take your build where ya want

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The thing I like about celestial gear, is you can still do great direct damage as well as solid condition damage, making every bomb count, and not being forced to favor either spamming 1 with direct damage or worrying about 2 and 3 being on cool down with all condition damage.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

K U T M.4539

What’s also cool about Celestial on engineer is that you can easily make use of every stat and stack might easily to buff your damage output.

I personally don’t use it as it doesn’t fit my playstyle, but it’s definitely worth checking out.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag