Rifle Animations

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Is anyone else bothered by the Rifle animations? Anyone else want to see them change?

Hip Shot: WHY is he shooting a sniper rifle from his hip!? WHY SHOOT FROM HIS HIP IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

Overcharged Shot: WHY IS THE MASTER OF GUNS KNOCKING HIMSELF DOWN!?

Leap Shot: The stomp is cheesy.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Not sure if you’re serious…

He’s shooting his rifle from the hip because it’s called “HIP SHOT”. The type of rifle is irrelevant since it’s just a skin.

Overcharge shot knocks you down because it’s just as it says, an overcharged shot (in other words put so much gunpowder that the force is enough to knock you off your feet)

Leap shot is cool.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Kain Francois.4328

Yes, but why is it a hip shot? It’s so innacurate. Why does the Gunner class act like an amateur?

As for Overcharge Shot, why? Why does it have to be an overcharged shot that knocks us down?

I’m not being sarcastic. I’m wondering why they made the gunner class look so amateur?

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Well if it makes you feel any better we didn’t always fire from the hip.

Actually no, that also makes me feel a lot worse lol

Attachments:

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Kain Francois.4328

The fact they use to fire their guns correctly and ANET thought it was a good idea to change it makes me feel a LOT worse!

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

None of the skills make any sense so the way they use their guns doesn’t have to make sense either. Net shot? Rifle to blunderbuss? Static shot? Poison volley? Glue Shot? Blowtorch?

Yeah animations for a gun are the least of your concerns.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

None of the skills make any sense so the way they use their guns doesn’t have to make sense either. Net shot? Rifle to blunderbuss? Static shot? Poison volley? Glue Shot? Blowtorch?

Yeah animations for a gun are the least of your concerns.

It doesnt have to make sense? In that case I want the full pelvic thrust every time I fire

Attachments:

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Kain Francois.4328

Netshot and Blunderbuss make sense, because in real life (and MGS!) there are rifles with a shotgun and grenade-launcher attachment.

Glue shot also makes sense if you imagine using a pistol to fire ammunition which explodes into glue. Meanwhile, poison volley is simply a barrage of pistol shots… (However, why does ANET feel the need to make it inaccurate?)

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

That’s a warrior on the picture

and the truth about engineer:..

Engineer’s is an outcast of society whom at some point in their life joined the amry where they learnt about explosives to compensate for their weak physical body due to malnutrition he suffered from his days as a hobo. After the army he went back to his home town where he became the plumber at the local high-school. One faithful day as he was fixing the sink of the chemistry classroom, the clumsy Engineer knocked over a bunch of beakers and came across magical potions, which he named elixirs.

Even tho the engineer wasn’t very smart, after the accidental creation of elixirs, the engineer became confident that he had some sort of talent, so he quit his job, and put his toolkit to work on something else than sinks, creating variety of gadgets & turrets, which even after 9 months, they continue to be work in progress..

The End

this is the real lore, that was suppose to be up on the website.

(edited by google.3709)

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

That’s a warrior on the picture

and the truth about engineer:..

Engineer’s is an outcast of society whom at some point in their life joined the amry where they learnt about explosives to compensate for their weak physical body due to malnutrition he suffered from his days as a hobo. After the army he went back to his home town where he became the plumber at the local high-school. One faithful day as he was fixing the sink of the 711, the clumsy Engineer knocked over a bunch of beakers and came across energy drinks, which he named elixirs.

Even tho the engineer wasn’t very smart, after the accidental creation of elixirs, the engineer became confident that he had some sort of talent, so he quit his job, and put his toolkit to work on something else than sinks, creating variety of gadgets & turrets, which even after 9 months, they continue to be work in progress..

The End

this is the real lore, that was suppose to be up on the website.

There that makes more sense~

(edited by Penguin.5197)

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Imo they should bring some serious/awesome shotgun skins or change the animation.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Kain Francois.4328

I agree. We need some cool shotgun skins.

But even if they add shotgun skins, the #1 skill still looks weird. Furthermore, Overcharged Shot?

(Balance-wise, WHY does it need to knock us back anyways? It’s single target…)

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Jump Shot animation with traited rifle range is just silly.
It looks as if they just skewed the whole thing to a smaller range so the duration of the animation stays the same, but the range of the skill is shorter.
It has been corrected for the untraited version of the skill though.
Why on earth they wouldn’t let the range traited Jump Shot have the non-hovering (or shorter) end animation escapes me… I file it under careless mistake and hope for it to be corrected soon™.

Pannonica
Red Guard

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyler.6731

Tyler.6731

It really bothers me that engineers handle all rifles like shotguns. If ANET wanted to limit engineers to use shotguns then they should at least exist somehow in the game! It looks silly to shoot most of the rifle skins from the hip.

Also:

It looks as if they just skewed the whole thing to a smaller range so the duration of the animation stays the same, but the range of the skill is shorter.

Yes.

I feel like that is exactly what they did and there’s no excuse other than laziness. Honestly the more I play my engineer the more I can see things I don’t like that can easily be fixed(and are usually a result of laziness).

-Turrets having terrible AI and firing extremely slow.

-Hobo Sacks for Kits that you MUST always show

-Handling all rifles like shotguns.

I really hope these things at least get addressed, or I’m probably going to drop my engineer which would be a shame for all the time spent.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well, I have to say that if the engineer is capable of making turrets that can auto target and fire at his enemies, why wouldn’t he build micro-servos into his rifle to make the small adjustments for him as long as he points it in the general direction. He’s the master of machines, why would he need to take the time to aim manually like a common warrior if he has the ingenuity to make his devices do it for him? Hip shot makes sense to me.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Kain Francois.4328

Know what we need? A thread listing all the aesthetic problems of Engineer in general, including;

- Hobosacks

- Legendaries

- Hip Shot + Overcharged SHot

- Rocket Boots

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Tyler.6731

Well, I have to say that if the engineer is capable of making turrets that can auto target and fire at his enemies…

Fire at his enemies? You mean fire at seemingly random targets including yellow non-aggressive ones, mind you at a extremely slow rate.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Yes, but why is it a hip shot? It’s so innacurate. Why does the Gunner class act like an amateur?

As for Overcharge Shot, why? Why does it have to be an overcharged shot that knocks us down?

I’m not being sarcastic. I’m wondering why they made the gunner class look so amateur?

The engineer class isn’t supposed to be representative of professional soldiers. That’s what a warrior is. For all intents and purposes, they are amateurs. Hip shooting (point shooting) is less accurate but it serves a purpose. it allows more shots to be fired at a closer range that doesn’t require the accuracy of shoulder firing. The medium range of an engineer supports the animation.

Overcharged shot gives the impression of a mad inventor that uses what he knows. He knows how to make things go boom. More powder! Sometimes those booms knock him on his rear.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well, I have to say that if the engineer is capable of making turrets that can auto target and fire at his enemies…

Fire at his enemies? You mean fire at seemingly random targets including yellow non-aggressive ones, mind you at a extremely slow rate.

….master of machines, not so good at coding control systems…..

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

If you use a stunbreak/stability it cancels the knockback on overcharged shot.

See Anet got it all covered.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I’ve almost got used to it but… Doing hip shots with a Predator is… special.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

(Balance-wise, WHY does it need to knock us back anyways? It’s single target…)

Because it (1) removes Immobilized, Crippled, and Chilled and (2) launches your target 450 range. You should be using Overcharged Shot as a gap creator given it spreads 750 distance between you and your enemy as it sends you back 300 as well.

The only other skill in the game that creates the same amount of distance between you and your target is Banish, which has almost twice the cooldown and doesn’t cure any conditions.

Overcharged Shot is like many Engineer skills is that it is adaptable to a lot of different situations. There was a lot of thought put into the Engineer and its weapon skills, and it frustrates me when I read comments like this:

there’s no excuse other than laziness.

This is a perception issue. Probably because you want the Engineer to be something that it isn’t. I love the Engineer. I love its hobo sacks. I love that it gets flung around the field with its Rifle and gadgets. I love that our elixirs have a degree of randomness.

If you don’t love these things, maybe you should just play something else. Yeah, there’s an issue with turret AI. There’s an issue with pet AI in general. Rangers and Necros have it just as bad as we do, if not worse.

As for good “shotgun” Rifle skins, I suggest Fused Rifle Skin, Pact Rifle Skin, Ogre Blaster, Adamant Guard, or Pirate.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Tyler.6731

This is a perception issue. Probably because you want the Engineer to be something that it isn’t

You’re right, I would rather the engineer not be so…clumsy? And I don’t like that there are many things that break immersion such as a good amount of rifles looking silly when fired from the hip. I also would like my engineer to look cool. I don’t think hobosacks are cool.

I’m not asking for ANET to change engineer to my liking. I am asking to at least please give us options. Plus, kit skins (one of methods they could use) would mean more money for ANET and who doesn’t love money?

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Tuck.4095

Tuck.4095

Because the engineers have to show off their leet no scoping skillz.!!! I only used rifles to unlock abilities, I find hip shooting to look… terrible.

Rifle Animations

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

being able to swap rifle skins is an good solution to the problem of immersion breaking.