Rifle Buff Please?

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Llendar Kisaragi.7910

Llendar Kisaragi.7910

Anet needs to buff rifle badly, by the time the expansion comes around. I personally, and prolly many others would like to see a Rifle Revolution for Engi again. It’s such a great weapon and tool overall, a rework or buff would gladly be accepted.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Smooticus.2854

Smooticus.2854

It would be cool if they were to add the heat bonus from the hobosmith sword (25% crit for every 50 heat) to the rifle.

Smooticus – Charr Engineer
Kaineng

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tomahawk.7361

Tomahawk.7361

base damage of rifle 1 could stand to be higher in competitive environments

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Miocast.2657

Miocast.2657

Well i see that engi need a more complex approach to its current state, not only in rifle field, but overall. Here what i see as a problem and what i can propose to fix it.

Rifle proposal.
Problem: While itself rifle was designed as burst weapon, prior and especially after HoT it skill set and damage is subpar to any other weapon of any other class (may be on the samel evel as dagger mainhand of necro).

It’s overall burst in WvW not even noticable, and lasck of other direct damage burst alternatives in form of weapon kits or utility kits making it somewhat a single and only variant for not-scrapper power builds.
Way to resolve a problem:
In my opinion rifle’s 3 and 5 should use ammo system, with 2 charges each with 10 seconds of refreshment for charges. Thouse we will increase burst potential of rifle, actually what it need.

Rifle 2, in my opinion should be an aoe, ground target based skill.

Rifle 4, one of not so many skills that actually means more harm to engi himself then opponent, because in HoT majority of classes have access to stability or other ways to ignore CC. My proposal for “fixing” this skill is that it will no longer knockback you, but instead you will roll backwards, recieveing 3/4 seconds of evade.

Tool Kit proposal.
Give engineer a mace, mace’s 1-2-3 inherit 1-2-3 of tool box, shield’s 4-5 get tool box’s 4-5. Thouse Engi will get CQ weapon kit, with already known and loved skill set.

Replace tool box with with rocket launcher kit – copy or mimic skills from charzooka with the same rule set of 15 skill uses, but with 25 second cooldown however without time limit of 15 seconds.

Elite proposal
Engis tool belt skill for elites that come not from profession but from races are empty if you actually use race based elites. While elites themself for me (charr) are mostly unusable, some toolbelt skills for race elites would be at least nice, because while engineer recieve toolbelt skills for race utility skills, (hidden pistol for example), a fact that elites skills leave elite toolbelt slot empty is somewhat strange and weird.

Trait lines:

In my opinion trait line with most issues is firearms:
Skilled Marksman from Firearms Trait line – while it give 10% increase in attack speed and 20% reduced cooldowns – it only affect one land weapon, and this effect is not enough to make this weapon nor powerful nor viable. I propose to add to that trait the following effects: "every consecuitive basic weapon attack with rifle on the same target increase attack speed by 7.5%, for up to 30%, and every 4th consecutivesame target pistol basic attack apply 0.5s daze on opponent.

Juggernaut from same tree – in my opinion its somewhat dubious trait, personally i will replaced it with another trait that affect conjured weapons and tool kits:
FT for example may grant might and stability to you and up to 5 allies, elixir gun may grant regeneration and clean one condition every X seconds from you and your allies, Bomb kit give you and your allies X% chance to blind opponent with basic attack, Grenade kit give you and your allies a X% chance to deal additional damage with basic attack, Med kit give you and your allies small chance to avoid incoming direct damage. The main reason for that, is that engineer somewhat lack of things that he can propose and give to a group, raid or zerg. But with some deeper look into synergy of kits and group may grant an engineer an opportunity to actually benefit a group, indirectly.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: EUmad.7645

EUmad.7645

Well i see that engi need a more complex approach to its current state, not only in rifle field, but overall. Here what i see as a problem and what i can propose to fix it.

Rifle proposal.
Problem: While itself rifle was designed as burst weapon, prior and especially after HoT it skill set and damage is subpar to any other weapon of any other class (may be on the samel evel as dagger mainhand of necro).

It’s overall burst in WvW not even noticable, and lasck of other direct damage burst alternatives in form of weapon kits or utility kits making it somewhat a single and only variant for not-scrapper power builds.
Way to resolve a problem:
In my opinion rifle’s 3 and 5 should use ammo system, with 2 charges each with 10 seconds of refreshment for charges. Thouse we will increase burst potential of rifle, actually what it need.

Rifle 2, in my opinion should be an aoe, ground target based skill.

Rifle 4, one of not so many skills that actually means more harm to engi himself then opponent, because in HoT majority of classes have access to stability or other ways to ignore CC. My proposal for “fixing” this skill is that it will no longer knockback you, but instead you will roll backwards, recieveing 3/4 seconds of evade.

Tool Kit proposal.
Give engineer a mace, mace’s 1-2-3 inherit 1-2-3 of tool box, shield’s 4-5 get tool box’s 4-5. Thouse Engi will get CQ weapon kit, with already known and loved skill set.

Replace tool box with with rocket launcher kit – copy or mimic skills from charzooka with the same rule set of 15 skill uses, but with 25 second cooldown however without time limit of 15 seconds.

Elite proposal
Engis tool belt skill for elites that come not from profession but from races are empty if you actually use race based elites. While elites themself for me (charr) are mostly unusable, some toolbelt skills for race elites would be at least nice, because while engineer recieve toolbelt skills for race utility skills, (hidden pistol for example), a fact that elites skills leave elite toolbelt slot empty is somewhat strange and weird.

Trait lines:

In my opinion trait line with most issues is firearms:
Skilled Marksman from Firearms Trait line – while it give 10% increase in attack speed and 20% reduced cooldowns – it only affect one land weapon, and this effect is not enough to make this weapon nor powerful nor viable. I propose to add to that trait the following effects: "every consecuitive basic weapon attack with rifle on the same target increase attack speed by 7.5%, for up to 30%, and every 4th consecutivesame target pistol basic attack apply 0.5s daze on opponent.

Juggernaut from same tree – in my opinion its somewhat dubious trait, personally i will replaced it with another trait that affect conjured weapons and tool kits:
FT for example may grant might and stability to you and up to 5 allies, elixir gun may grant regeneration and clean one condition every X seconds from you and your allies, Bomb kit give you and your allies X% chance to blind opponent with basic attack, Grenade kit give you and your allies a X% chance to deal additional damage with basic attack, Med kit give you and your allies small chance to avoid incoming direct damage. The main reason for that, is that engineer somewhat lack of things that he can propose and give to a group, raid or zerg. But with some deeper look into synergy of kits and group may grant an engineer an opportunity to actually benefit a group, indirectly.

Sorry but no. I play gw2 since 2012 and i choosed engineer only to break heads with my wrench . Replace what you want from engineer but don’t touch my toolkit . Without wrench … i have no more interest in the class. Wrench has been the key symbol of engineer since 2012 and toolkit must remain. remove Hammer but not toolkit.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Please never touch took kit. You can argue all you want but I personally rarely miss the pull with proper timing and it perhaps the #1 most useful skill I use in wvw.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Yes please buff it my predator gets dusty.. this hould be a true power range weapon

My Suggestions:
Improve Hip Shot so it is up to the bomb kits auto attack
Add multiple charges to Net Shot, like on the warriors axe
Increase direct damage to Blunderbuff and remove bleeding from it.
Remove the self knock back from Overcharged Shot, so we don’t have to give ourself stability before
Give Jump Shot an evade and increase the damage

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

1. Hip Shot at Bomb auto damage would be too powerful. It needs a slight buff for sure (maybe a slight speed increase? Baseline Skilled Marksman or something).

2. Ammo on Net Shot would be a good change.
3. Yeah. Blunderbuss should be all direct damage.

4. Mmm. I’m not sure about this. On one hand, the self-kb on overcharged shot is one of the main reasons Rifle is in such a bad spot. Fact is, if you hit any kind of passive cc-cancel proc, you can lose the fight right there. However, the self-knockback also clears immobilize/cripple/chill. I’d support a backward evade with a short animation instead.

5. Yes, needs an evade. No, doesn’t need more damage. It already hits like a truck. I’d instead give it a lower cooldown. Again, maybe baseline Skilled Marksman.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

More way to fight at mid and long range.

Ex:
1- Hip Shot: increase the range of this skill to 1500.
2- Net Shot: This skill is redundant (we already have Net Turret), shoud be removed and replaced by a new skill – Underbarrel Grenade Launcher.
Underbarrel Grenade Launcher: Fires a Grenade that explodes on impact o_o (explosion, blast finisher, 1200 range, 240 radius).
3- Blunderbuss: inclease the range of this skill to 900.
4- Overcharged Shot: "This skill now fires a overcharged bullet that travels at insane speed damaging and disabling foes:
0 – 400 range: blowout.
401 – 800 range: knockdown.
over 800 range: stun.
Max skill range: 1200.
5- Jump Shot: Increase the range of this skill to 900.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Famine.7915

More way to fight at mid and long range.

Ex:
1- Hip Shot: increase the range of this skill to 1500.
2- Net Shot: This skill is redundant (we already have Net Turret), shoud be removed and replaced by a new skill – Underbarrel Grenade Launcher.
Underbarrel Grenade Launcher: Fires a Grenade that explodes on impact o_o (explosion, blast finisher, 1200 range, 240 radius).
3- Blunderbuss: inclease the range of this skill to 900.
4- Overcharged Shot: "This skill now fires a overcharged bullet that travels at insane speed damaging and disabling foes:
0 – 400 range: blowout.
401 – 800 range: knockdown.
over 800 range: stun.
Max skill range: 1200.
5- Jump Shot: Increase the range of this skill to 900.

No. Please don’t touch net shot. I wouldn’t be caught dead running turret over it. As far as jump shot goes, the range is fine but it could use an evade frame.

Vee/Volk
Necromancer

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

What if, and I’m just spitballing ideas here, the rifle (and maybe pistol) auto attack used the ammo system. The Count Recharge rate would be the same as their current attack speed, but the base attack speed would be much faster. Then lets say it has a Maximum Count of 5.

You would be able to “burst” fire a few shots, but if you end up spamming the auto attack you run out of “ammo” and fire at a normal rate. However, if you fire a few auto attacks then let it recharge while you fire some other abilities or swap into kits, you’ll be able to fire quickly again.

This would also open up for some interesting trait design.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Skill 2 on rifle really needs to be looked at.
The immobilize gets cleared easily.
Would prefer if they maybe added damage to this skill or changed it to something else.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Famine.7915

Skill 2 on rifle really needs to be looked at.
The immobilize gets cleared easily.
Would prefer if they maybe added damage to this skill or changed it to something else.

Immob. getting cleared isn’t the fault of the skill. I can and still do make effective use of the rifle net shot. If you want to make it better, advocate to add to the skill. Don’t remove the immob. itself.

Vee/Volk
Necromancer

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

coro.3176

Yeah. Rifle problems in general arose with the launch of HoT. It’s not that the rifle skills were bad before. They were actually meta. It’s that HoT + power creep made them far more risky and there were better options available.

The immob used to be good. It’s much worse now, because there’s a lot of immob clear (dd/war) and projectile hate. Plus, there are better immobs out there, like Ancient Seeds (a trait! not even a skill).

Overcharged Shot used to be good – still is IF you can land it – but you can’t land it reliably any more, and if you do, it’s likely to be immediately canceled by a passive on-cc trait. That’s a HUGE liability in a fight.

Projectiles used to be good. They’re less good now because there’s significantly more reflect and projectile hate in the game than there used to be. One only needs to look at Scrapper’s Defense Field for an example. Druid Wall, Ele auras, etc. etc.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Famine.7915

Yeah. Rifle problems in general arose with the launch of HoT. It’s not that the rifle skills were bad before. They were actually meta. It’s that HoT + power creep made them far more risky and there were better options available.

The immob used to be good. It’s much worse now, because there’s a lot of immob clear (dd/war) and projectile hate. Plus, there are better immobs out there, like Ancient Seeds (a trait! not even a skill).

Overcharged Shot used to be good – still is IF you can land it – but you can’t land it reliably any more, and if you do, it’s likely to be immediately canceled by a passive on-cc trait. That’s a HUGE liability in a fight.

Projectiles used to be good. They’re less good now because there’s significantly more reflect and projectile hate in the game than there used to be. One only needs to look at Scrapper’s Defense Field for an example. Druid Wall, Ele auras, etc. etc.

I don’t worry too much about projectile hate since it can be circumvented as well as the CC. I am all for rifle buffs, but mainly those revolve around overcharge shot and adding an evade frame to jump shot.

As far as ancient seeds goes, you are comparing a GM trait to a #2 weapon skill which I wouldn’t classify as fair game despite the gap in effectiveness. Yes AS is still a kitten-off.

Vee/Volk
Necromancer

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Immob. getting cleared isn’t the fault of the skill. I can and still do make effective use of the rifle net shot. If you want to make it better, advocate to add to the skill. Don’t remove the immob. itself.

I’d actually say the best way to add to it is to widen the net unfurling animation, then make the attack unavoidable- blockable yes- by shields or barriers if applicable, but not evade not even if the target goes into stealth as the attack is executed.

So you just hid in plain sight? Good, but the net still hit you.

So you jumped two feet to the side? Who cares it’s a wide net for a reason.

This makes net shot the interrupt it’s supposed to be. Even if a Daredevil is chok ful of evades they should either eat the interrupt til it expires or have to waste another evade to escape it if specced for that.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

coro.3176

Due to the way movement skills work with immobilize, it wouldn’t interrupt or stop them. You’d need to add a short daze to it.

Unevadable would be interesting though, and would suit the flavour of the skill, as you mention.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Due to the way movement skills work with immobilize, it wouldn’t interrupt or stop them. You’d need to add a short daze to it.

Unevadable would be interesting though, and would suit the flavour of the skill, as you mention.

I’d be all for that then, even if it were only a one or one and half second duration daze. Just to make it something to properly trip an opponent up.

Rifle Buff Please?

in Engineer

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

Change it to “Electrified net” with a 1.5s daze along side the immob?