"Rifle Mod" and "Deadly Mixture"?

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Are “Rifle Mod” and “Deadly Mixture” are baseline now? Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t hear them say that, nor is it in any of the changes. I sure would hate to have rifle and Flame Thrower get what amounts to a damage nerf.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

(edited by Gern.2978)

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I believe so, but I can’t be 100% sure without official confirmation.

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I thought I remember that from the last stream…

Lots of the things that were being made baseline are not in these notes. We’ll have to wait for the full ones next week maybe?

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Rifle mod is there, but renamed into “skilled marksman”:
“You attack 10% faster with rifle or harpoon gun and those skills recharge 20% faster.”
Basically it’s hair-trigger and rifle-mod combined, but instead of a plain dmg-boost, will suffer more from retal.

Also, pistol is no longer able to profit from reduced cd’s, but its applied condis will last 50% longer. Since the AA is technically a explosion now, and pierces per default, we have to see how that turns out.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

Rifle mod is there, but renamed into “skilled marksman”:
“You attack 10% faster with rifle or harpoon gun and those skills recharge 20% faster.”
Basically it’s hair-trigger and rifle-mod combined, but instead of a plain dmg-boost, will suffer more from retal.

Also, pistol is no longer able to profit from reduced cd’s, but its applied condis will last 50% longer. Since the AA is technically a explosion now, and pierces per default, we have to see how that turns out.

Rifle mod was the trait that boosted rifled damage by a flat 10%. You’re thinking of rifled barrels, which is the recharge trait.

I don’t think the pistol auto-attack is considered an explosion, that would be way too broken with the stuff that triggers off of it. It would essentially be infinite blast finishers.

EDIT: Or wait, they might’ve changed that blast finisher trait to only be the dodge bomb, so maybe it is an explosion on the auto-attack. Been too many changes going around to keep track of.

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

err, no.
rifled barrels was (and currently still is) the range increase to 1.2k for rifle and 1.05k for pistol
Hair-trigger was (and currently still is) the cd-reduction trait for both rifle and pistol for 20%.
and rifle mod was the plain 10% dmg increase.

to repeat myself clearly:
“skilled marksman” == “rifle mod” + “hair trigger”
but instead of flat 10% more dmg that we’re used from rifle mod, we now get a 10% faster animation for all skills, which means faster executions of all our rifle-skills and a flat 10% dmg-increase to the AA.
pistol does not profit frm this, but got coated bullets and rifled barrels as baseline. also the pistol aa is considered an explosion once the patch hits. that’s a confirmed fact.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

My bad, that’s what I get for 1:00 AM foruming.

I thought perhaps they had suggested something about rifle mod being baseline in the older broadcast, but I might be misremembering.

in Engineer

Gern.2978

err, no.
rifled barrels was (and currently still is) the range increase to 1.2k for rifle and 1.05k for pistol
Hair-trigger was (and currently still is) the cd-reduction trait for both rifle and pistol for 20%.

but instead of flat 10% more dmg that we’re used from rifle mod, we now get a 10% faster animation for all skills, which means faster executions of all our rifle-skills and a flat 10% dmg-increase to the AA.
pistol does not profit frm this, but got coated bullets and rifled barrels as baseline. also the pistol aa is considered an explosion once the patch hits. that’s a confirmed fact.

If that is what they are thinking, I don’t like it. I don’t feel that a buff to rifle speed is a good enough compensation for the loss in damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ederyn.3107

Ederyn.3107

err, no.

Are you sure about coated bullets and rifled barrels baseline?
they did not write it here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/June-23-Specialization-Changes

And what do you mean with
" which means faster executions of all our rifle-skills and a flat 10% dmg-increase to the AA"
That we are going to do a 10% more damage with AA because it will became faster?

in Engineer

Ederyn.3107

err, no.

If that is what they are thinking, I don’t like it. I don’t feel that a buff to rifle speed is a good enough compensation for the loss in damage.

i agree with you. i think that +10% rifle speed is not that good…maybe 15% was perceptible.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

10% faster rifle speed “MAY” be REALLY good.
Better then the 10% damage even. potentially.
Again, we need to see it in action.

First, yes, I needs to work on the AA. .84 s/a reduced to .76 s/a.

And then where its potentially really important is overcharged shot and Jump shot.
If the leap duration is hastened by this 10%. fantastic. and same with the self KB.

it will have little effect on blunderbuss. so that sadly would be a dps loss. however, blunderbusses damage was already a good amount bleeds. so that was not previously effected by the 10%rifle mod in the first place.

The proc on crit traits all will benefit from the 10% faster attack then the 10% damage as well. vul and bleeds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

err, no.

" which means faster executions of all our rifle-skills and a flat 10% dmg-increase to the AA"
That we are going to do a 10% more damage with AA because it will became faster?

The Rifled Barrels and Coated Bullets becoming innate and Pistol AA being an explosive was mentioned in the first Specialization livestream.

There were a couple things mentioned in the latest livestream, like Ranger’s Healing Spring becoming a trap, that still aren’t in that change list, so there is reason to believe that those changes might still be in effect until proven otherwise.

in Engineer

Ederyn.3107

10% faster rifle speed “MAY” be REALLY good.
Better then the 10% damage even. potentially.
Again, we need to see it in action.

First, yes, I needs to work on the AA. .84 s/a reduced to .76 s/a.

And then where its potentially really important is overcharged shot and Jump shot.
If the leap duration is hastened by this 10%. fantastic. and same with the self KB.

it will have little effect on blunderbuss. so that sadly would be a dps loss. however, blunderbusses damage was already a good amount bleeds. so that was not previously effected by the 10%rifle mod in the first place.

The proc on crit traits all will benefit from the 10% faster attack then the 10% damage as well. vul and bleeds.

yeah you are right. and i didn’t think that quickness will become a boon…so it can be extended in duration…
I was wondering if the 10% rifle SPEED animation affects also the #2 net’s travel speed…. if it does this is definitely a better trait than rifle mod.

But i need to know about my 1200 range of rifled barrels…if is baseline or not !!

in Engineer

Ederyn.3107

err, no.

The Rifled Barrels and Coated Bullets becoming innate and Pistol AA being an explosive was mentioned in the first Specialization livestream.

There were a couple things mentioned in the latest livestream, like Ranger’s Healing Spring becoming a trap, that still aren’t in that change list, so there is reason to believe that those changes might still be in effect until proven otherwise.

that’s true but i read somewhere on reddit that the engineer changes mentioned in the first specialization livestream were changed a lot…so i’m scared now! I need my 1200 in WWW
(edit : i remember that also jump shot will become an explosion right? )

(edited by Ederyn.3107)

in Engineer

Gern.2978

….But i need to know about my 1200 range of rifled barrels…if is baseline or not !!

Yeah, that is another really important one. If we are stuck with the mortar kit (what seems to be a condi weapon) as our only long range weapon, then we are definitely screwed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

There’s quiet a few things that are completely absent and we won’t know if it’s baseline or just flat out deleted till next week.

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

well rifled barrels and piercing were stated to be baseline on pistol and rifle in the earlier live stream. Also that frag shot (pistol aa) and jump shot (rifle#5) will be blasts… with a new trait (GM i think) that makes dodge bombs blasts too >;D

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

No, they won’t be blasts, they will be “explosions”, hence profit from traits that enhance explosive-skills (like shrapnel / steelpacked powder, a.s.o.).
Our pistol AA will not become a blast-finisher, that would be plain silly.
Rifle #5 maybe will ,but there is nothing announced in that direction as of yet.