Rifle SD build

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

Posted by: SuperJugy.3192

SuperJugy.3192

Hey guys,

I made a Static Discharge build with rifle:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqyUX8SyF1LJyoCkWIFFm9B6ReBYj4nCsFA-jwxAorgQRAyeFRjtMWENW1CmqkIq2bUEtaA-e

I wanted to know what do you guys think.

I chose Rifle since it is the bursty weapon of the engi and since SD is burst mainly, I thought they can go well together.

I chose Riffle Turret, Battering Ram and Toolkit because they are the shortest cooldown toolbelt skills that do direct damage. I also chose toolkit to have something to do after the burst is gone. Like pulling with magnet and prybar; or shield my kitten .

As for the traits; well obviously I need Static Discharge. I got Hair Trigger since I only have one toolkit and I don’t want to find myself with all skills in cooldown, but depending on how it feels I might change it for something else.

I got some traits in inventions to give me survivability.

And the 3 other traits I thought they would do good synergy. Modified Ammunition does more damage the more conditions I have up. Since rifle has very little conditions I picked Precise Sights and Inciendary Powder together with Sharpshooter minor trait to help me get some conditions. And since these last 3 traits are on crit proc, then my accessories and sigil help me get some precision.

The armor is basically half Soldier and half Berserker to have both offense and defense with as much power I can get.

Since I have no stun breaker and such, I went with runes of melandru to help me in those situations.

All of this is theorycraft. I have never run this build so I wanted to see what you guys think before investing my gold in this build.

Thank you very much for reading =).

SuperJugy Engineer RL and ingame. P/P HGH (PVP) and P/P granadier (PVE)

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

SD build is already with rifle, and judging by your description of your traits in the post i’d say it’s pretty typical. probably not what you wanted as a reply, sorry.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I think noone played SD with pistols..ever:-) Well skills.. You pretty much use same as all other SD builds since beta.
SD builds are about maximal damage (especialy critical damage) output in shortest time and run out as fast as possible. With that gear and traits you pretty much lose more than 50% of damage compare to standard SD builds. You have no stun breaker or other escape ability, no swiftness and no vigor so you will be pretty much free kill

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

I run a 10/30/0/0/30 Rifle/SD in PvP and PvE. All Zerker except Neck and Back which are Soldiers. If you’re looking for DPS go Runes of the Scholar or Ruby Orbs. If you need more Vigor go 0/30/0/10/30.

In my testing this can come very close to Bombs or Grenades with sustained damage if you’re in a group that already stacks 25 vulnerability without your help. To max damage make sure to get in the Pry Bar on cooldown and hit your toolbelt’s on cooldown too. Its a high damage, easy and fun build, just gotta be proactive with staying on your feet.

GL
Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

SuperJugy.3192

what gear and traits should go with SD then? I know I have no stun breaker but with half soldier and 20 in inventions I should be able to survive more than berserker aren’t I?

I also thought about the 30 in tools for lower cooldown on SD but with full serker and no defensive traits you become very glass cannon and die like in one shot.

How do you stay alive in full berseker?

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

what gear and traits should go with SD then? I know I have no stun breaker but with half soldier and 20 in inventions I should be able to survive more than berserker aren’t I?

I also thought about the 30 in tools for lower cooldown on SD but with full serker and no defensive traits you become very glass cannon and die like in one shot.

SD build are simply hit and run, you cant expect survability if you want damage (at least if you play engi). Goal is maximize damage and kill enemy faster then they even try something on you. You simply cant hybridize SD builds because you lost damage and dont get enything really important.
Full zerk gear + ruby orbs or diviny or scholar runes, sigil of fire, air or battle, +100 precision +10% crit damage food and 30 points in Toolts that are the basics. Great investment is also infused precision even if you use speedy kits, because speed is everything. Moment of surprise and keeping distance is everything.
There is way how to tune up SD build by might. You must use MedKit (with is best for SD build anyway because 30 points in Tools). Use 2 Runes of Altruism, Enhanced Performance trait from explosives and Sigil of Battle. You will get 9 might every 10s while you swap on MedKit.

It will looks somethink like this or simillar:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0pKeH5STF17IyoHkWntZgUUf51HFs1DC-jACBYLBhEJIJPFRjtIMItBTjVXDT5iIq2grIa1CBMaBA-e

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

SD build are simply hit and run, you cant expect survability if you want damage (at least if you play engi). Goal is maximize damage and kill enemy faster then they even try something on you. You simply cant hybridize SD builds because you lost damage and dont get enything really important.
Full zerk gear + ruby orbs or diviny or scholar runes, sigil of fire, air or battle, +100 precision +10% crit damage food and 30 points in Toolts that are the basics. Great investment is also infused precision even if you use speedy kits, because speed is everything. Moment of surprise and keeping distance is everything.
There is way how to tune up SD build by might. You must use MedKit (with is best for SD build anyway because 30 points in Tools). Use 2 Runes of Altruism, Enhanced Performance trait from explosives and Sigil of Battle. You will get 9 might every 10s while you swap on MedKit.

It will looks somethink like this or simillar:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0pKeH5STF17IyoHkWntZgUUf51HFs1DC-jACBYLBhEJIJPFRjtIMItBTjVXDT5iIq2grIa1CBMaBA-e

This is for PVP? I wouldn’t go so glassy as that…900 toughness with 16k health…a thief will rip you open in seconds. You do no damage when your dead.

To OP -
Build doesn’t need 30 in firearm’s really..you can get crit mixing your gear up but things like permanent swiftness and vigor are too good to pass up.

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

… I chose Riffle Turret, Battering Ram and Toolkit because they are the shortest cooldown toolbelt skills that do direct damage. I also chose toolkit to have something to do after the burst is gone. Like pulling with magnet and prybar; or shield my kitten…

I like Goggles, ToolKit, and either Rocket Boots or Rifle Turret. Pop goggles, then the SD toolbelt rotation. Goggles gives you a stun break, fury, and immunity to blindness for the duration of your burst. Plus the toolbelt stacks 10x vuln on your target, making everything else hit that much harder.

I prefer RB over RT because of the burn, but use RT when range is necessary. I’ll get to why that’s important later.

As for the traits; well obviously I need Static Discharge. I got Hair Trigger since I only have one toolkit and I don’t want to find myself with all skills in cooldown, but depending on how it feels I might change it for something else.

I got some traits in inventions to give me survivability.

And the 3 other traits I thought they would do good synergy. Modified Ammunition does more damage the more conditions I have up. Since rifle has very little conditions I picked Precise Sights and Inciendary Powder together with Sharpshooter minor trait to help me get some conditions. And since these last 3 traits are on crit proc, then my accessories and sigil help me get some precision.

You’re going to want 30pts in Tools for any SD build. The strength lies in using that burst as often as possible so reduce that toolbelt CD as much as possible. Speedy Kits keeps you mobile, SD obviously, and your choice for the 3rd. I like Adrenal Implant.

(Because of your super low toolbelt CD, take MedKit with 15.5s CD)

In Firearms I take Hair Trigger for shorter rifle CDs to increase control & mobility when your SD burst is down. Sitting Duck is solid: low cooldown net shot means you’re immobilizing your foe often, stacking cripple and vuln (and w/ goggles means you don’t need Precise Sights). Immob, cripple, vuln, burn (RB) with Mod Ammo = +8% dmg. Love it.

Your last 10pts put wherever you want. I like Invigorating Speed. Coupled with Adrenal I’ve got tons of dodges.

The armor is basically half Soldier and half Berserker to have both offense and defense with as much power I can get.

Since I have no stun breaker and such, I went with runes of melandru to help me in those situations…

Zerk+Soldier is fine. Goggles gives you a stun break.

Perception Sigil is fine in PvE but you’ll probably die before you get 25 stacks in PvP/WvW. With your crit% so low, I’d take Accuracy. With Oil & Soup and that sigil your crit% jumps from 35% to 51%, which is where you want it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0pqdH5y3F17IyoHkWntZgeYX51IKqQ+B-jwxAorgQEAyeFRjtMWENW1CmqkIq2bUEtahAGtAA-e

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

SuperJugy.3192

Thank you very much, I’ll take your advice and try both builds and see what happens =)

Rifle SD build

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

This is for PVP? I wouldn’t go so glassy as that…900 toughness with 16k health…a thief will rip you open in seconds. You do no damage when your dead.

Works quite well in WvW, but SD build isnt something what I chose for PvPing rly

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop