Rifle wants to be your friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Spheniscus.2408

Spheniscus.2408

I have tried many different builds, but I have come to find that basing your damage on you Rifle leads in good results.. With the ability to do good damage with it you can use its knockback ability, and net to keep enemies at bay. Do not forget the Battering Ram and your Mine gadget too. With all these abilities and your dodge, your enemies will find it very troubling to land something on you.

If you really can’t resist using your fun little kits, and are looking for one of the few Engineer burst builds, you could
Try this build
Which also uses the Rifle for most of its DPS.
I hope this helps anyone out there, due to the fact there isn’t much we can do right now.. Except for feel good when you kill someone because your class is a “fail of all trades” as some say.

It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

(edited by Spheniscus.2408)

in Engineer

Posted by: Torque.7951

Torque.7951

Did you just make a new topic with a link to your engineer guide in another topic? Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: TheLetterD.1895

TheLetterD.1895

I call my Rifle Whispering Joe. Or Bob..

in Engineer

Posted by: Spheniscus.2408

Spheniscus.2408

Did you just make a new topic with a link to your engineer guide in another topic? Why?

Sorry, I didn’t mean to make this a topic-inception, can’t really find a build site. I just want to bring light to the dying souls of the Engineers that roam these forums looking for where the damage is.

It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

Though I carry 3 pistols on me (two matched with different stats for dual pistol set up, one with a different stat for pistol/shield), my rifle is what I love the most. Comes in handy for so many things, including jumping puzzles!

Oh yeah the damage is pretty decent too. I always keep mine upgraded every 5 levels.

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

in Engineer

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

My rifle abilities are jealous of the warriors rifle abilities and want a makeover. I gotta say I agree with my rifle on this one.

in Engineer

Posted by: troptop.9781

troptop.9781

I wonder what happens if someone adds a ‘dodge’ to their fighting strategy when going against you… oh… what?… all your build goes down the toilet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

I call my rifle “WTF is THIS in my hands?!? Where’s my pistols?!?” It’s kinda long, so I shortened it to “WTFITIMHWMP.” I think it doesn’t like me, either because of the name I gave it or perhaps because I tend to let it sit in my backpack and acquire dust.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play