Rifled Barrels Trait and Blowtorch

in Engineer

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

The rifled barrels trait doesn’t increase the blowtorch range, it stays at 600. It’s not just a tooltip error, it doesn’t increase in combat either. This needs to be fixed as IMO, rifled barrel biggest use would be with blowtorch.

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

It’s been this way for a long time and is very clear in the wiki, which suggests it’s a deliberate design decision.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

Only the rifle #1 and #2 skills are changed as well. I only take rifled barrels to make my pistol #2 slightly more accurate.

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Only the rifle #1 and #2 skills are changed as well. I only take rifled barrels to make my pistol #2 slightly more accurate.

No actually, all of the rifle skills are increased as are the pistol skills (except blow torch)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rifled_Barrels

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

The least they could do is increase the minimum range at wich Blowtorch does it’s full damage.

So instead of max damage at 200 distance, it could do that on 300 or 400 already.
That would be a bigger improvement than increasing it’s maximum range for the lowest damage…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

No actually, all of the rifle skills are increased as are the pistol skills (except blow torch)

It’s really stupid how it increases the range for Blunderbuss…

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

They probably switched off some brains during upgrade brainstorm.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

What’s so bad about it increasing the range for blunderbuss, isn’t it a good thing?

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

What’s so bad about it increasing the range for blunderbuss, isn’t it a good thing?

maximum damage still needs the shortest range…

That’s why I suggested to let the trait increase the minimum range at wich the max damage is done.
like 0 to 200 range untraited, and 0 to 300 range traited.
That would actually help out a bit on the usefullness.
Both for blowtorch as for blunderbuss, since both have the same mechanic.

Can’t speak for Pannonica or Alliettefaye, but that’s why I think the increased ‘max’ range isn’t doing much…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

^
Pretty much spot on explanation of why I insinuated brains off mode.
Same holds true for poison dart volley… What good is it if the range of PDV is increased just to spread the single darts even more resulting in them hitting the target even less at 1050 range?
Haybarn gate target at 900 distance: PDV 100% misses every single shot
Haybarn gate target at 1050 distance: PDV spreads even more hence misses every single shot, like a 150% miss chance?
But hey… you can at least blow your cooldown and think “Awww I missed the enemy haybarn gate even though I traited my pistol range, but heck, better luck next time.”

Seriously, somebody didn’t think this through.

Pannonica
Red Guard

(edited by Pannonica.5378)