Rifles: A Love Story

in Engineer

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

I LOVE the concept of engineers! Being able to throw up sentries and drink your tea as you see things die was my dream, but we all know how turrents turned out lol. But the other main reason is that I wanted to use my rifle only, I’m not such a big fan of kits, and yes they’re amazing, I’d just rather play a rifle only style. So here’s my question, with the way engineers are, should I go warrior for my rifle fix or play with engie still? Because I’m feeling very useless by only using paper turrents and a shotgu-snip-thing.

in Engineer

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I love my rifle, and I use turrets at the same time. The turrets themselves are amazing for dynamic events, especially when the enemies keep coming to you (turret placement is a skill that takes practice). Because ‘Deployable Turrets’ is broke, I’ve been using the adept trait for discharges on my toolbelt skills. If you stand around your turrets when they’re about to die, you can blow them all up for damage AND shoot out 4 bouncing lightning bolts for even more. Oh and afterwards, just spam your toolbelt skills again (since they are no longer turret destructs) for more lightning spam.

Rifle skill set is wonderfully synergetic. Just wish they’d increase the range on Jump Shot.

in Engineer

Posted by: StevoSupremo.4037

StevoSupremo.4037

There are alot of viable rifle/elixir and rifle gadget builds that are focused on the rifle and use gadgets on PBR/toolkit/rifle turret/etc for extra burst and Elixir B and U for big increases to damage output. I posted a pretty solid rifle/gadget in a previous topic that you can look up (which I use in sPvP), and the rifle elixir builds are around on here too. What type of play are you looking to use it for (PvP, WvW, PvE, everything)?

in Engineer

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

There are alot of viable rifle/elixir and rifle gadget builds that are focused on the rifle and use gadgets on PBR/toolkit/rifle turret/etc for extra burst and Elixir B and U for big increases to damage output. I posted a pretty solid rifle/gadget in a previous topic that you can look up (which I use in sPvP), and the rifle elixir builds are around on here too. What type of play are you looking to use it for (PvP, WvW, PvE, everything)?

I guess I made this thread more as an excuse to make a rifle warrior. Engineer’s rifle isn’t what I thought it would be and its more like a shotgun go go gadget weapon than a rifle, I’d prefer a rifle user that didn’t still have to rely on kits to be viable, just kinda sad because I have to relevel XD. I’ll still keep my engie though, just so when they balance out everything I can be a sentry master

in Engineer

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

sorry to see you go, but for the record I use a rifle and no kits, nope not one. and I am very viable. I do understand how you feel I have been trying to level up my warrior but the spin to win thing is just not my style

in Engineer

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I hope our legendary is as kitten as the Sunrise/Twilight/Juggarnaut stuff. That in itself makekitteno “yeah… engineer IS the best class.. BUT… we don’t have cool weapons like that :T”

in Engineer

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

I can see what you are trying to say and i have to agree.

I personally also loved rifles, and wanted to use them, but hey have the concept of a stupid shotgun,(that i hate). And there is no option to turn them into sniper like weapons, or atleast skirmishing weapons. (like warriors use guns)

They are supposed to be the Number ONE ranged weapon for long range, expsecially for engineer, but i am forced to use kits and granades (that i would love if i had the OPTION to use them and was not FORCED to use them)

And i have to agree no turrets to. They are an awesome idea, but are seriously bad implemented. They die almost always instantly, or if not they barely do any dmg. Noone will bother them since they are no threath.
Why would i waste up a slot on some 1% of my dmg skill when there are only 4 slots.
Besides the insane cooldown on placing them, the only way they are usefull when you pop the turret skills cooldown (automatic mode ect…)

I didnt wanted to meantion how terrible rifle turret looks. And that you cant even change the look of them (when in fact they are also just items, exspecially since YOU make them, why cant you costumize them?)

I dont know if i should make a post liek this…i alredy did, with a bit different approach.
I mention a kit that can turn your gun into sniper gun, and changes your skillset to a more ranged skillsetup.
But ppl just hate me for not liking all the small details on the class. And say i should force myself to granades and how they rock.

in Engineer

Posted by: StevoSupremo.4037

StevoSupremo.4037

@arrownin- Alot of people like the way the rifle is currently for the engineer, including myself. It is an awesome mix of CC with close range, so fights are all about you keeping people at a distance if you don’t want them close, or if they are ranged, disabling them as much as possible and getting in close. Let’s you be seriously adaptive. Elixir builds sound like what you are looking for because they really focus on you using the rifle and the elixirs are just to amp up your damage/ help with survive-ability. In the end, it’s your call, but if you want something that just sits back and shoots, warrior or ranger might be better off for you because they are build alot me for just sitting back and blasting. If you want something dynamic and adaptive, I would just watch some gameplay videos and get a better feel for how people are using the rifle. To help with your decision, here are some other threads that go over this topic (engi vs warrior rifles):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Engineers-Vs-Rifle-Warrior/first#post278538
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Rolled-Engi-loved-it-But-hate-the-way-Rifles-work
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Rifle-or-Shotgun/first#post304675

in Engineer

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

@Nekroseth

You are not FORCE to use kits. my build uses rifle and gadgets. no elixirs and no kits.. I choose to us turrets in the form of a supply drop but I use this more of as a stun and a heal.

in Engineer

Posted by: StSwfx.3754

StSwfx.3754

I only dislike the way the hip shot animation looks for female human. It makes any sort of rifle like model that isn’t a blunderbuss look incredibly stupid. It could also very much use 1200 range on the auto attack.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

Whell i dont want to repeat stuff i alredy did on other topics, but i have to agree.

I want a long range weapon like rifle. A kit would do the trick, and the fans of shotgun could keep there weapon to. And we also would be happy.

End of story. Noone needs to hate anyone.