Rocket Boots

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Anyone else as happy as I am with the changed Rocket Boots? They provide a great escape leap now for engi and general ooc mobility.

I just love them!

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

So much fun… Ele’s are gonna be qqing so hard at this lol. great synergy with slick shoes as well.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I was ele first, and still love it, but my engi that I am levelling plays the same style as old OP-ele (with RTL), with even better mobility! Loving it!

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Becks.6528

Becks.6528

Rocket Boots lost their stun breaker, making them much less interesting for wvw…

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Though I just wanna point out in advance before any ele qqing starts…rocket boots is only about half distance of rtl

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Rocket Boots lost their stun breaker, making them much less interesting for wvw…

they still clear immobilize, cripple and chill. So aside stuns themselves, or dazes of course, they can still get you out of a lot of situations in WvW group fights.

I’m not taking elixir gun of my bar anymore now, having a condition removal, extra healing, leap back and a stunbreaker on the toolbelt is just too good to pass on.

So I’m back to an old FT-EG and Rocket Boots build I had before.
The EG Healing Mist breaks my stun and heals me up a bit, the Rocket Boots get me out of there even if I have other cc on me…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Tobey.4836

Tobey.4836

With the new rocket boots, i only need half the time for the eb jumping puzzle. You can make the same jumps as the warris.

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Silix.1452

Silix.1452

rocket boots actually go the same distance as rtl at half the cd cost

please note swiftness like rtl will not effect the distance

White Panthers [WP] Devona’s Rest
resident engineer and naked guy
Silicks 80 grenade engi

(edited by Silix.1452)

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Tobey.4836

Tobey.4836

rocket boots actually go the same distance as rtl at half the cd cost

please note swiftness like rtl will not effect the distance

Swiftness does effect the distance. Or did you want to say that ride the lightning is not effected by it ?

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Silix.1452

Silix.1452

neither are effected by swiftness

White Panthers [WP] Devona’s Rest
resident engineer and naked guy
Silicks 80 grenade engi

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

strangely, rocket boots are affected by super speed. You go alot farther i noticed.

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I can’t stop using them. Too much fun!

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

They are an absolute blast and are confusin the hell out of people, try jumping off a cliff into water

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

The new Rocket Boots are…interesting.
On the one hand, it’s really nice to not CC ourselves with a stunbreaker.
On the other hand, it sucks that it’s not a stunbreaker anymore.
On the other other hand, it’s jarring to have them aim at enemies (and send you zooming toward them) if you have autolock on.
On the other other other hand, since I’m apparently Goro, it’s awesome that they can now move you upward.

Overall: It would be nice to have a better idea of how much range the boots actually have – I’ve almost gone soaring off of platforms due to both unfamiliarity with the new method and the range moved being different from what it says.
At the moment, the best hypothesis I can come up with (after using Slick Shoes to check how it actually moves) for why it says 600 range but moves closer to 900 is that the 600 listed is the rocket-assisted movement while the extra 300 comes from the tumble.

All told, it’s…actually kind of useful, now. It’s certainly hilarious for zooming up to things and ponging them away with the Battering Ram, and the upward mobility promises to come in some kind of handy.

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

On the other other hand, it’s jarring to have them aim at enemies (and send you zooming toward them) if you have autolock on.
On the other other other hand, since I’m apparently Goro, it’s awesome that they can now move you upward.

Overall: It would be nice to have a better idea of how much range the boots actually have – I’ve almost gone soaring off of platforms due to both unfamiliarity with the new method and the range moved being different from what it says.
At the moment, the best hypothesis I can come up with (after using Slick Shoes to check how it actually moves) for why it says 600 range but moves closer to 900 is that the 600 listed is the rocket-assisted movement while the extra 300 comes from the tumble.

All told, it’s…actually kind of useful, now. It’s certainly hilarious for zooming up to things and ponging them away with the Battering Ram, and the upward mobility promises to come in some kind of handy.

Heh, if you’d seen what I’ve seen you would know that currently (this is diffidently going to be patched) 900 is nowhere near this skill’s maximum range. Not even close.

That said I’ve gotten into the habit of doing quick 180s with the skill; using it as foes charge me to zoom past them, and then turning around to shot them in the back before they can course correct.

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Heh, if you’d seen what I’ve seen you would know that currently (this is diffidently going to be patched) 900 is nowhere near this skill’s maximum range. Not even close.

That said I’ve gotten into the habit of doing quick 180s with the skill; using it as foes charge me to zoom past them, and then turning around to shot them in the back before they can course correct.

Heh it’s cases like this where my keybind of “x” comes in handy for an auto 180 about face. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Rocket Boots

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Yeah, I just saw the superjump thread – I hadn’t realized that swiftness could cause it to do something different, so I didn’t work it in.

…I almost hope it doesn’t get patched, just because it actually rewards some clever skill combinations.

Edit: Just started going into WvW with the new Rocket Boots.

People have no idea how to handle this. So far, only people to actually give me trouble have been Thieves – one kept Shadowstepping around, and another just kept vanishing over and over.

(edited by Anymras.5729)