Rocket Boots - Amazing

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I am in freaking love with the change to this skill (WvW). I primarily use my Engineer for zerging with a Celestial Juggernaut build and it has been 100% worth the slot since the change.

Prior to this I was using Elixir Gun or Elixir S. Elixir S wasn’t used very often unless I got caught completely off guard and Elixir Gun was mostly used for the stunbreak if my Stability got stripped or occasionally to sit in the Elixir Bomb.

Rocket Boots however has been great for blasting Regenerating Mist or Healing Turret while repositioning or just to move around the field. Rocket Kick is also great when I’m having any 1v1/X paired with Incendiary Ammo and other Flamethrower skills for a nasty 5k+ Burn burst.

I don’t imagine many people are using this skill at the moment but I just wanted to gush over how much I’m enjoying it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Me too I can put my rifle on and travel very well now across maps without any issues!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Dubh.6359

Dubh.6359

I need put on Speedy Speed Boy when I play sPvP next

those rocket boots are the best

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It has always been my favourite skill in the game. I’m now just torn between having guaranteed 2×1200 range RB or the +50% endurance regen.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Beautiful. That’s all I can say about this.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

rocket boots has made engi fun again, bravo

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Should be start a Rocket Boots cult? Because it is very much life-changing how much fun it is.

kitten shame that in PvE, mounts will most likely obsolete it.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Tomahawk.7361

Tomahawk.7361

IKR?!?!? god if they take this away from us after experiencing this im mega-altF4ing. It’s just too cool.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Tomahawk.7361

Tomahawk.7361

oh also had to add this, if you want a bit of fun ill give you a hint: slick+rocket boots. You might notice something when you charge at enemies mwahahahaha >:)

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

Even though kits are a staple for Engineer I’ve never felt more like an Engineer than using Gadgeteer with Rocketboots in WvW this past day.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: keramatzmode.1906

keramatzmode.1906

Finally, smashing someone with 2400 leap against classes who have teleport mechanics like thief shadowstep and Elementalist Flash or Mesmer Blink. It feels so good to be able to jump on them instead of relying on magnet. Thanks anet.

Now about that turret…

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

I was just thinking, if there is a way to cancel the Rocket Boots aftercast? (Im not that familiar with Rocket Boots)

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

drop weapon cancels it, but you dont get superspeed until the aftercast plays… so thats about the only thing ive to be not freakin amazing about rocket boots now.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

I am so glad you guys mentioned this, I missed it in the patch notes. I dropped Alchemy for tools. I’m never going back! Tool kit and super jumps FTW!!!

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: EUmad.7645

EUmad.7645

I am so glad you guys mentioned this, I missed it in the patch notes. I dropped Alchemy for tools. I’m never going back! Tool kit and super jumps FTW!!!

It is not the same. Tools is good but alchemy gives you more survivability. I really love toolkit and i like RB really much but without alchemy you are much weaker, especially to conditions. You can try to rely on AED but it is something high risk / high rework . I love it but i think that alchemy with HT is better .

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

You guys made me download the patch just to check this rockets boots.
Well…it was worth the download time.
I usually come to complain about rifle , but a single stupid skill like this , that is able to take back the “fun factor” is amazing.
This time i had to log in to share the happyness for rocket boots and to compliment the devs for that.

There is something else that can potentially add to the “fun factor” , like Personal Battering Ram .

Also , thre is the “satisfaction factor” when playing WvW with mortar and the traits Orbital Command kicks in in the middle of enemy zerg every 15 seconds …. oh….satisfaction(when there is not tons of reflective boubles).

Yeah , i must admit i got a fun night with this things.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Same as nirvana, but one thing still irks me about the ammo system in general:
no parallel cooldowns.

untraited, the cooldown for a single boot-jump is 20 seconds.
And while it’s nice to have 2 charges ready at the beginning of a fight, it only lets run one cooldown at a time, resulting in 40sec (traited 32sec) reload time for both charges in total. So after spending two charges in short succession, the advantages are (mostly – thanks to the gadgeteer-changes) gone for the rest of the fight, unless you limit yourself beforehand to keep one charge extra in the backhand, in case you need to get away quickly. Same goes for all other gadgets.

Yes, these changes definitively head in the right direction, but the ammo-system itself still could need some improvements.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I would say the ammo system is working as intended. Reloading both charges at the same time would be much too strong.

The only thing we really need is an actual use for Superspeed. It feels sort of tacked on.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

in regards to superspeed, I think it’s fine.
with 2 seconds of it you can cover a neat distance beyond the jump range (almost 50% more), which increases your chance to get ooc, if you intend to do so. And even if you don’t want to evacuate a fight, together with scrappers “rapid regeneration” ( in case you run scrapper w/o a hammer) it’s around 1k healing from both ticks you get with it. Pair that with a waterfield (HT tb / eg 5 / mortar 5 + rb tb + rb) and you get a nice load of health without actually deploying the ht or using any other healing skill.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Nice change but considering the crappy damage, it should be around 12-15 sec cd instead of 20. I only use it for mobility (like 99% of the people) and lots of professions have leaps with shorter cooldowns (6-8 sec).

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Dubh.6359

Dubh.6359

look at this way: the super speed covers you while the boots are on CD from the first charge

oh, and I’ve given these a spin in PvP and SUDDENLY I can pursue people trying to flee

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

you are going to be able to chain like 15-20 secs of leaps with holosmith before you have to just walk for more than ~1 sec. with just rocket boots, sword, and photon forge 2.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Hm, I really should check those Holo skills… Btw, can we have stun break on Rocket Boots? :P

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yep, this is probably the best change in a long while. I also do believe the toolbelt can give you a little extra distance as well.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

>I also do believe the toolbelt can give you a little extra distance as well.
on a condi build it can be quite some dps, so it’s definitively a nice skill, but its long aftercast keeps you stuck too long. You can cover more distance with running, especially on swiftness or superspeed. Don’t waste it when fleeing.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

Well, usually the scenario is a thief at 10% health burning all their stuff to get away from me. Normally I could do nothing to catch them, but with the new rocket boots even if 2 won’t close the difference, tipping them with a kick is often just enough to touch them for the final blow. :p And yea, it would not help with escape.

Also not talking about the toolbelt, but at least in WvW RB has also been a godsend vs reapers who would have probably murdered me normally as well.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

On one hand its kinda cumbersome to use still, since we cant aim in the direction we want to go (this is only a problem when you are immobilized though) so you can put your self in bad situations if you aren’t careful.

But the ability to GTFO of a bad situation really quickly is a godsend, also catching up to fleeing foes that have shadow steps/teleports really helps landing those final bits of damage that they don’t expect.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

it would be awesome if immobilize still allowed you to not only rotate your camera but the direction your character is facing as well…

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

Well, immobilize has long been OP, given the love for condis.

On a side note, is tools really worth taking? I would imagine it should be taken over inventions, but I really don’t know, since alchemy contributes more to survival.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

sorry, but I can’t answer this question.
Missing context.
What gamemode are you asking about, and what role in it?

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

Oh WvW most likely.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Open World PvE – It’s easy. Use whatever you want.
Raids/Fractals – I think tools is meta for the %damage increase.
WvW – Definitely worth taking for mobility + the toolkit trait
PvP – Tough to say. I run it. It’s fun, but it’s probably worse than the alternative. You’re giving up alchemy or inventions to get it, and those do more to keep you alive than tools will.

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’ve been using rocket boots with the FT Condi Engi build, replacing the Toolkit. It was completely worth it. The mobility makes such a huge difference, and I get another source of burning, not to mention the blast finishers.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Rocket Boots - Amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: Zuiy.8721

Zuiy.8721

I don’t imagine many people are using this skill at the moment but I just wanted to gush over how much I’m enjoying it.

I use it in sPvp and PvE, and will probably will do so as well in WvW. And I don’t know about you, but I run it with gadgeteer (which gives superspeed just for a reminder) and I get quite a bit of value from it, as well as upgrading a.e.d