Rocket boots buff

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

Looking over the patch notes completly baffled me today.

Some things are great, some things are bad.

Losing daze on gyros is good for the game.

Gear shield nerf sucks but i guess they were thinking that now people would use weapon shield too so it would be too much blocking. But i dont see people taking shield over pistol so that dont even matter. Anyways it dont matter its not a huge deal.

I think the BIG issue here is why was rocket kick buffed 25%damage.

It makes no sense. This is the one we need them to explain to us. What drove them to do this.

Its like a April fools patch note.

I cant let this go……

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Devs are kittening clueless…
There’s no other explanation for a nerf to kittening gear shield and a buff to tool kit.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

I’d be more happy to see Rocket Boots damage removed completely.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Kinda like the 10% incease to the physical damage of firebomb. Which is like what… 20 damage?

Feels like they just wrote these patchnotes instead of a we have no clue what to do with this class

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Milan.9035

Thats true too. I mean if they said rocket boots damage lowered by 25%. It would make the same amount of sense as increasing it. Its suck a pointless thing to change.

They must have needed something to buff to not affect anything.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Somehow this feels appropriate for the situation.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Samug.6512

Thats true too. I mean if they said rocket boots damage lowered by 25%. It would make the same amount of sense as increasing it. Its suck a pointless thing to change.

They must have needed something to buff to not affect anything.

With no damage, rocket boots would be perfect skill to run away after tossing elixir S. And you are right, they probably did it to buff anything and hope to stop us complaining. Same for shield.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s not even particularly good damage though. It’s slightly more than an autoattack!

Like, if it was a Pry Bar or Blunderbuss level hit, I would seriously consider it as a damaging option in a fight. As it is, it’s actually detrimental a lot of the time if you’re trying to get away in stealth or get away without entering combat. + it doesn’t evade, so you can still get cc’d or damaged while travelling.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

These buffs feel like an excuse for me, tbh.
Like “Look, we didn’t just nerf scrapper across the board. We buffed him too!”
But in the end, who will ever notice a damage buff for skills which don’t do any meaningful direct damage?

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Baffling, really is the best word to describe this. Many people over the years have argued for the damage portion of Rocket Boots to be removed to make it a more effective escape tool and Anet give it a boost? Remind me please, Devs, exactly who was slotting this skill for damage and exactly who was asking for the damage to be increased so that it could be slotted in a DPS build? Who?

This literally makes no sense in any regard for any aspect of Engineer. It does nothing to help Rocket Boots itself as a utility, does nothing to improve the lacklustre DPS and does nothing at all for the gadget line. You may as well have added to the damage to Throw Elixir B for all the good it does.

Engineer has a laundry list of bugs and weak skills and useless utilities, but insted of doing something about themyou nerf the utility of a skill-set which was already bordering on useless and then “buff” us by increasing the damage of a skill which many think should have damage removed and most don’t even take?

Baffling really is the only word. I just wish the Dev’s would give some explanation tas to why this was the optimal skill to “buff”. I mean, are we missing something? How exactly is buffing the damage of Rocket Boots the answer to the DPS issues? I just don’t get it.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

You know, that 25% buff damage would have made sense if it was given to the mines! why the rocket boots?, if you wanted to buff rocket boots, why not bufff his condi damage!?

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

coro.3176

Rocket Boots is an escape. Its “pure” purpose is to get away or reposition. Therefore, it could use something like:

• more distance, faster travel speed
  • evade during travel
  • clear a condition at the end
  • break stun

What it doesn’t need is damage. No engi is using Rocket Boots to intentionally damage opponents as part of a combo. If this is what anet want Rocket Boots to be used for, it’ll have to deal much much more damage than it currently does – like 250% more, not 25%.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Duh guys this is that high concept “purity of purpose” they talked about. Rocket boots are clearly not made for escape, if they were then they wouldn’t break stealth and they would have evade frames. Rocket boots are clearly a DPS skill, I mean look at the toolbelt skill that deals condi damage…..

It’s hard to even pretend honestly. The devs have zero idea what to do with engineer as a class. We are out of meta in every game mode and have some of the narrowest build options and more broken traits and useless utilities than any other class.

GG ANet.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Haven’t been in game yet,
Did they buff rocket kick (the toolbetl) or the actual rocket boots?

If they buffed the rocket boots, then they really are out of touch with what is going on.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Haven’t been in game yet,
Did they buff rocket kick (the toolbetl) or the actual rocket boots?

If they buffed the rocket boots, then they really are out of touch with what is going on.

They buffed the initial damage of Rocket Boots activation.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Rocket Boots is an escape. Its “pure” purpose is to get away or reposition. Therefore, it could use something like:

• more distance, faster travel speed
  • evade during travel
  • clear a condition at the end
  • break stun

What it doesn’t need is damage. No engi is using Rocket Boots to intentionally damage opponents as part of a combo. If this is what anet want Rocket Boots to be used for, it’ll have to deal much much more damage than it currently does – like 250% more, not 25%.

It actually used to have a stun break, but for some reason the devs didn’t like this, sadly.

Rocket boots is one of those skills that’s genuinely fun to use, but sadly ANet has a pretty bad track record for making fun skills viable in any sort of meta capacity (looks forlornly at the flamethrower).

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

coro.3176

It feels like it should have a stun break. I would gladly trade all the damage for that.

- especially since this takes up the slot on my skill-bar where elixir gun normally would be. Elixir gun comes with a stun break, a heal, damage, and an escape on similar cooldowns.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

It actually used to have a stun break, but for some reason the devs didn’t like this, sadly.

They changed because back then all stun breaks were on gadgets, so they moved it around.

I really don’t understand this dmg buffs on rocket boots.
If it was supposed to be used as a dmg skill it would be ground targeted so it would behave a bit like jump shot.

This buff makes no sense at all!

Suggestion:

Make it ground targeted, so you can use as dmg without leaving the fight.
Include evade frames.

OR

Remove dmg from the jump and move it to rocket kick.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

coro.3176

Exhibit A. of why Rocket Boots needs to be a stun break: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPEHDfbSsAU

Also, Healing Turret could really cleanse more than 2 conditions. If you’re not running alchemy, you’re completely kittened for condi cleanse.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Astro Bear.6305

Astro Bear.6305

Rocket boots dps meta confirmed.

https://youtu.be/qaW1rMozyyQ
Shameless plug.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Milan.9035

Lol good stuff guys.

Funny thing is these buff and nerfs dont change engi that much. Its just a question of why.

So i ask again why anet, why?

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Almost 3 years now people have been saying give Rocket Boots evade frames or make it a stun break then you guys get a chance to take a real look at the skill..you had a chance to take in 3 years worth of feedback to make it better and give it more “Purity of Purpose”, then buff the Direct Damage…on a Condition Damage focused Escape Skill…what the actual heck.

It doesn’t seem like developers are playing the same game at all anymore.

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

coro.3176

I like that they made Rocket Kick deal a meaningful amount of direct damage – I mean, barely meaningful. It’s only like 1.5 rifle auto’s, but still – better than nothing. IMO, if they took the damage from Rocket Boots activation, stuck it on Rocket Kick (kick is now on par with Pry Bar for direct damage, condi damage, and range), then made Rocket Boots a stun break, it’d be perfect.

(edited by coro.3176)

Rocket boots buff

in Engineer

Samug.6512

Guys, you are missing the point. The purpose of Rocket Boots is to let us escape easily. So for the purity of purpose Rocket Boots can’t deal too much damage. Or something like this.
I don’t know.
kitten this patch.