Rocket boots movement bug

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Is it just me, or is anyone else still having the occasional bug after using rocket boots? By this I refer to the situation in which your character stops moving at the end of the animation. I often have to release my directional control for a second and then press it again to resume my direction. It is not every time, but occasionally, and it really feels as if it hampers the mobility value of it to an extent.

If this ever happens to you, might I suggest joining me in filling out the occasional bug report to get the issue solved.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

yes this happens to me occasionally. i filled out a bug report but anet’s balance once every 3 months philosophy won’t bring my hopes up for a fix anytime soon.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: EllyBean.6485

EllyBean.6485

Yep, it’s a bug that has been here for months. You just got to be careful when using it in WvW, especially when running away from the enemy zerg…make sure you don’t get caught with the bug and end up standing still, then being mauled to death after…sigh.

What I do to work around this bug is that the second you land on your feet after using rocket boots, you run forward zig-zag (left, right, left, right) with your mouse to get yourself to maintain the running forward motion. That, or change kits immediately after seems to work too. It’s not 100% but it’s better than nothing. Good luck!

in Engineer

Posted by: GorgeousDave.9608

GorgeousDave.9608

Also have this bug, especially annoying when we struggle to get a few gaps between us and a chasing zerg etc. I just assume the bug is going to happen everytime e and really quickly double tap the right mouse button to keep the forward momentum going.

Hey-ho…we shall overcome etc.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

This is a very fun Gadget, but dangerously unpredictable. I can honestly say from my experience (which is entirely PvP) it works as intended around 60% of the time. Most issues seem to come from while in combat. However the particular bug Coglin mentioned can happen both out of combat and in combat.

The Frequent bugs I have found while using Rocket Boots. (As I call them)

1)“Teleportation Bug”: when activated, will appear as if you simply jumped in place then appear suddenly at a location.
2)“Studder Step Bug” After arriving at the end of the Jump you will stand proxy until a new movement command is entered.
3)“Glitch Jump”: When activated you will go through the animation but at the end of your jump destination you will be jerked back to your previous launch point.
4)“Stuck Bug”: At the end of the Jump you will simply be unable to move or pivot your character as if permanently immobilized without being immobilized. The only way to break this bug is to use Rocket Boots again or use/get hit by another movement ability.
5)“Ricochet Bug”: Randomly when activating Rocket Boots will cause you character to move forward normally then suddenly launch in the opposite direction. (Would be Admittedly a pretty fun mechanic when hitting walls or obstructions if it wasn’t so random and unpredictable.)
6)“Trip Bug”: When launching up slight-major uphill terrain will sometimes just act as if jumping into an invisible wall.

I strongly feel giving Rocket boots either a Immobilize/cripple/chill immunity during its effect or Evade during its effect duration would make this skills functionality infinitely more intuitive.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

you can cancel the animations on any engineer leap by hitting the weapon swap key while you are in a kit, you can use this trick at the end of rocket boots to cancel the stuck effect you suffer from at the end of rocket boots, takes a bit of practice to get used to like making sure your in a kit every time before you use rocket boots but it can be used really effective in combination with the Elixir gun leap by minimize the total time it takes to use both skills in combination and with slick shoes and a rifle you can out mobility a warrior, take the time to learn this skill guys.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Easy there Ukuni, This isn’t a mobility discussion. We are discussing a bug, to bring attention to it so that it gets fixed. Not asking for a lecture on how you think we should play, particularly when you end by telling the community they need to learn how to play the profession for mobility of a warrior.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Easy there Ukuni, This isn’t a mobility discussion. We are discussing a bug, to bring attention to it so that it gets fixed. Not asking for a lecture on how you think we should play, particularly when you end by telling the community they need to learn how to play the profession for mobility of a warrior.

didn’t mean for it to come off that way my bad, and the rifle slick shoes rocket boots eg was just ment to be a bit of trivia, and when I said people need to learn it I ment it more along the lines of its something you have to practice to get the most out of it since it is a very useful piece of information, I’m also not very good at writing things that make sense but I’m working on it, atleast in providing the swap weapon technique people have a way to get around the problem until it is fixed

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Cenile.8340

Cenile.8340

This has been a bug for as long as I have had my Predator. Don’t know about before that cause I never had rocket boots slotted. At first I thought it was because i was going downhill. But recently I hit the RB going uphill and still get a time lag. At the best of times it is like I cannot move, and have to re press a key to continue again (those times it cancels out the ground i covered) on the worst times i am stuck 5 seconds behind someone who has no leap/dash skills, even though i was equal with them before i utilized my rocket boots. Atm i use the tb skill for solo, and as an immediate escape. If they actually chase me though I am kittened up the kitten.

(edited by Cenile.8340)

in Engineer

Posted by: Cenile.8340

Cenile.8340

I agree with wolf.5816. these things happen. some more often than others. I would say that I haven’t had the 1pt before i remembered that i had been reported for hacking because of lag spikes (really badly corroded hardlines, fixed now thank goodness) the rest i have suffered at one time or another non matter the state of the internet. If there is nothing Anet can do, well you win some you lose some. if there is and they don’t tell us about it, that is hurtful

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I would recommend you to interrupt the rocket boot jump just before you land. THat way you prob. won’t stop moving.

in Engineer

Posted by: KraunK.2319

KraunK.2319

You cannot drop bundle while in the air.

The advice that someone gives it would work when you touch the ground, you have less than 0.2 seconds to drop the bundle in order to do the action properly.
It’s a bug that need to be fixed.

I’m the Italian in Algeri

in Engineer

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I just jump after doing the rocket boots, with an asura it looks fun. Also what I like is if you have somewhat of a ramp you can use rocket boots to jump very high

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I wish Rocket Boots would at least maintain its momentum. That way you could be immobilized or stunned/downed in mid flight but still fly the distance. It’s always frustrating to me to get immobilized then Activate Rocket boots cleansing the Immobilize, but then immediately getting immobilized right as you take off making you just jump in place….

I literally face palm every time this happens.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

+1 here on the bug. Yet to find a pattern. Thought it was connection most of the time.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

It happens so often that I just consider it to be a normal part of the ability, so I always expect it and do whatever I put into my muscle memory to overcome it. If it doesn’t happen then it’s just a nice little treat.

Worse is the bug where the roll portion of the ability somehow decides to reverse direction and send you back at the people you were running away from. Not sure if it’s just camera or terrain stuff that can cause that to happen, but it gets rather silly sometimes.

in Engineer

Posted by: Muhlum.7348

Muhlum.7348

Yes, this bug has been around for quite some time now. There is talk of QoL changes in the upcoming patch, but I don’t feel like being disappointed. I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

80 Guardian
80 Engineer
[Lost] – Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Worse is the bug where the roll portion of the ability somehow decides to reverse direction and send you back at the people you were running away from. Not sure if it’s just camera or terrain stuff that can cause that to happen, but it gets rather silly sometimes.

I’m always amused when my plus sized Charr engineer decides it’s time for a mid air change in flight direction. Unless that’s back into the zerg I’m trying to escape from, of course.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I’m always amused when my plus sized Charr engineer decides it’s time for a mid air change in flight direction. Unless that’s back into the zerg I’m trying to escape from, of course.

1. its the terain
2. use a speed buff when y’r doing rocket boots and see y’rself flying off the edge because the terrain differed when all you wanted to do was give chase. to a low health necro…