Rocketeer

Rocketeer

in Engineer

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Just a build I’m sure a few people have played with since the new patch but I thought I’d throw this out there.

The Rocketeer!

20 IV VIII
30 IV IX XII
20 III VI

Rifle or pistol shield whatever makes you happy. I use both sporadically.

Utilities:
Healing Turret, Rocketboots, Flamethrower, Slickshoes, Supply crate

Mostly PVT gear with some Zerker and tiny bit Condition dmg
Superior Runes of Melandru with Poultry leek soup for -41% Condition dur, -66%stun dur

End up with roughly
2969atk, 36% crit%, 2500armor, 23000health, 200heal, -20%toolbelt, 300condidmg, 35%critdmg

The idea is to have pistol or rifle for the range and knockbacks, FT is main weapon, AR and regen kits are to avoid as many conditions as possible especially with such a big Necro/ele presence in WvW now. Heal Turret cures conditions and gives regen to everyone near by. Rocket boots are for offense or escaping and are available every 16sec and combined with slickshoes you can jump over a zerg spraying oil over main group knocking them down or running away and cc’ing people chasing.

With this build I can havoc camps, assassinate back line or supply lines, disrupt a zerg ball, catch up to anyone and out run anyone. I’ve managed to beat 1v2 guardian/thief, beat many many thiefs, beat warrior, out ran every class now though i feel like a thief should be able to catch me but with superspeed it is tough plus they have to keep up with constant swiftness and my leaps and oil slick.

By FAR my most favorite build now! I encourage havoc oriented engi’s to give this a chance!

Attachments:

Rocketeer

in Engineer

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Oh yeah and being an Asuran is key for this because when you use slickshoes you yell

“Slick Shoes! Like Grease Lightening!”

Freaking love it!

Attachments:

Rocketeer

in Engineer

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

You forgot to add in the jetpack.

I’ve been tweeking a protection version (0 10 10 30 20) of this for weeks. I can’t decide if I want 53% damage reduction(stabilize armor + protection injection) when controlled or invi when immobilized (cloaking device) + 33% damage reduction when controlled (protection injection).

Stabilize armor is 20% damage reduction when KD or stunned (no icd <- needs confirmation), but cloaking device is 5 sec invi (25 sec icd). I still haven’t tested cloaking device yet. If anyone can answer this question (do I get the full 5 sec invi if I take a less than 5 sec immobilize?) I would really appreciate it. If yes, the I could go for -88% cripple/chill/immobilize and build around that.

Rocketeer

in Engineer

Posted by: Jahiliyya.7095

Jahiliyya.7095

I still haven’t tested cloaking device yet. If anyone can answer this question (do I get the full 5 sec invi if I take a less than 5 sec immobilize?) I would really appreciate it. If yes, the I could go for -88% cripple/chill/immobilize and build around that.

You remain invisible for the 5 seconds (as long as you don’t attack anyone) even if you remove the immobilize in the first second. It’s actually very helpful in getting away from a zerg when they helpfully make me invisible and then I have 5 seconds to do whatever I want. (Well… not anything… but you get the idea.)

Commander Jam, The Republic [SPQR] on Sanctum of Rall
Jumble Akimbo
Jahiliyya Akimbo