Ruining Base Engi (A WvW Roamer Perspective)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nightlock.4379

Nightlock.4379

Since HoT release, A-nets solution to fixing scrapper has been to nerf base. Base engineer used to be a powerful and rewarding build to players able to utilize everything that the engineer has to offer. Recently, one of the best engineer grandmaster traits “Kinetic Battery” was changed from allowing the engineer access to a second use of the toolbelt skill of their choice after a successful dodge, to gaining quickness after using toolbelts 5 times. This has caused what once was a incredible trait to become one of near complete uselessness. Please A-net, change it back!! I have been playing Static discharge base engineer for close to 4 years not, but the last two it seems like it has gotten nothing but micro nerfs. Examples include a minor nerf to overall rifle dmg, changes in various traits, and one specific change that most people completely overlooked as a “quality of life” change. I am of course talking about turrets. Since launch it has been that the key to destroy your turret was your toolbelt skill, recently A-net changed it to be the same key as you used to place it. Doesn’t seem like a big deal, right? Wrong. It has further decreased the viableness of static discharge, as you can no longer use the destruct button to create another static discharge. All I’ve seen since the launching of HoT is micro nerfs to base engi instead of tackling the problem of engineers balance head on. AKA SCRAPPER!! Please A-net, for the love of god, stop destroying base engineer and start taking into consideration those who have no interest in running scrapper. (Sidenote, I did enjoy Holosmith, and I believe its a step back in the right direction for engineers!)

-Belkins

in Engineer

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

Its great for a HGH quickness scrapper with + boon. Your saying Kinetic Battery sucks but it only sucks for your spec.

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobin.5947

Sobin.5947

Im trying to relearn the game after not playing for a long time. Is rifle in a good spot for engie in wvw? Everything i see makes it seem like the sky is falling and rifle sucks

in Engineer

Posted by: Rising Blade.9206

Rising Blade.9206

Im trying to relearn the game after not playing for a long time. Is rifle in a good spot for engie in wvw? Everything i see makes it seem like the sky is falling and rifle sucks

yes, the rifle is in a good spot next to hammer. Pistols in other hand, barely see anyone play it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobin.5947

Sobin.5947

yes, the rifle is in a good spot next to hammer. Pistols in other hand, barely see anyone play it.

Ahh, that’s awesome to hear. I haven’t tried the rifle because everything on metabattle seems to be hammer only. Any builds you reccomend i try out?

in Engineer

Nightlock.4379

Its great for a HGH quickness scrapper with + boon. Your saying Kinetic Battery sucks but it only sucks for your spec.

Its still usless for HGH scrapper. its 5 secounds of quickness after 5 toolbelt skills, thats just terrible. Plus its in a line that u should not be taking for HGH Scrapper. Inventions will give u way more sustain at the cost of minimal dmg loss. Its a terrible skill compared to the old Kinetic Batery. The old Kinetic Battery game you a reason to run Tools when u did an HGH build (it gave u and extra Throw Elixer S) But now there is almost nothing beneficial about running tools for Scrapper or HGH

in Engineer

Nightlock.4379

Rifle is hardly in a good spot. Its one of the lowest dmg range power weapons in the game, it completely falls short of hammer in every way if u are running scrapper, and is only worth using if u are doing a base power build. Pistol on the other hand is completely viable vs hammer, because its a condi weapon. The only condi weapon engis have. So if u see a condi engi, I 100% guarantee they are using pistol.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

What game are you playing?

Rifle is in a terrible spot for any game mode. Single target, moderate damage is not the way most WvW battles are fought.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Nightlock.4379

Don’t get me wrong tho, Rifle is my favorite weapon on engi and easily my most used.

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Still running core engie for wvw and pvp using the new gadgeteer. It has really helped the build. So I think this is an issue of not adapting. The new trait is obviously for other specs, like perma quickness scrapper. I’m really happy with the trait changes.

Now it’s time to fix some of our useless traits. (invention line anyone?)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Still running core engie for wvw and pvp using the new gadgeteer. It has really helped the build. So I think this is an issue of not adapting. The new trait is obviously for other specs, like perma quickness scrapper. I’m really happy with the trait changes.

No one is taking tools on a quickness scrapper let alone shooting off 5 tool belt skills just for 5-7 seconds of quickness. Also not sure why you would call inventions useless which makes me think you may just be trolling.

in Engineer

Nightlock.4379

No one is taking tools on a quickness scrapper let alone shooting off 5 tool belt skills just for 5-7 seconds of quickness. Also not sure why you would call inventions useless which makes me think you may just be trolling.

100% agree, no one is going to take tools and try to make a quickness scrapper, especially 1 that takes 5 toolbelts to aply very little quickness. I also agree that Inventions is 1 of the best lines engi has.

in Engineer

Epoch.5396

100% agree, no one is going to take tools and try to make a quickness scrapper, especially 1 that takes 5 toolbelts to aply very little quickness. I also agree that Inventions is 1 of the best lines engi has.

I disagree. All i stated was it works with a spec where this individual claims its 100% useless. If u cant see that is true, OK.
I tell you what lets just view the community perspective instead and look at A meta battle quickness build and the variant.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Quickness_Scrapper

Its stated here as a suggested variant and so people clearly disagree with you. Now I didn’t say you should use this set up but stated that it is used for synergy with a spec. If you can 100% disagree with this statement then I am impressed by your stubbornness

If you swap inventions for tools you get perma swiftness, another (auto) stunbreak and the new quickness synergy with HGH as you will be spamming kit skills for cleansing and buffs. With concentration and might stacking you have quickness proccing an awful lot.
The loss of mecha legs is insignificant because you cleanse, group healing insignificant AMR is a big loss and bunker down is meh.

Try stuff instead of writing it off on a whim.

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

(edited by Epoch.5396)

in Engineer

Nightlock.4379

I disagree. All i stated was it works with a spec where this individual claims its 100% useless. If u cant see that is true, OK.
I tell you what lets just view the community perspective instead and look at A meta battle quickness build and the variant.

Its stated here as a suggested variant and so people clearly disagree with you. Now I didn’t say you should use this set up but stated that it is used for synergy with a spec. If you can 100% disagree with this statement then I am impressed by your stubbornness

If you swap inventions for tools you get perma swiftness, another (auto) stunbreak and the new quickness synergy with HGH as you will be spamming kit skills for cleansing and buffs. With concentration and might stacking you have quickness proccing an awful lot.
The loss of mecha legs is insignificant because you cleanse, group healing insignificant AMR is a big loss and bunker down is meh.

Thx, but ive actually tried every trait line/vombo rngi has in my 2500hours of engi wvw/pvp experience. While it may be worth it to take tools in an HGH nuild, kinetic battery provides no synergy, and is way better off using adrenal impact.

in Engineer

Epoch.5396

Thx, but ive actually tried every trait line/vombo rngi has in my 2500hours of engi wvw/pvp experience. While it may be worth it to take tools in an HGH nuild, kinetic battery provides no synergy, and is way better off using adrenal impact.

I think I always question the stacking issue with vigor. It seems to make a boon and optimized activation redundant. Still its all a matter of opinion but the stacking might be fixed? Its been off the radar for so long.

All the best.

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I tested adrenal implant tools GM with vigor and it did stack, maybe some diminishing returns/overlap, maybe not.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Epoch.5396

Cool guess hes right then.

Thanks

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016

“Vigor and other endurance-regeneration effects (such as traits) now stack up to a maximum of 100% bonus regeneration rate.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

“Vigor and other endurance-regeneration effects (such as traits) now stack up to a maximum of 100% bonus regeneration rate.”

Log on and count the ticks to fill up endurance with vigor, and then with vigor and Adrenal Implant – it’s significantly faster with Adrenal Implant!

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Log on and count the ticks to fill up endurance with vigor, and then with vigor and Adrenal Implant – it’s significantly faster with Adrenal Implant!

Yep, that is what the patch note says.

If with No endurance regeneration buffs you regenerate 1 dodge every 10 seconds (assuming you have a non full endurance bar all the time) then:
Vigor OR Adrenal Implant (150% regen) = 1 dodge every 10s/1.5=6.66s
Vigor AND Adrenal Implant (200% regen) = 1 dodge every 10s/2=5s

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Kinetic Battery works wonders for my healer spec which keeps me alive with the scrapper trait line.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqenUUBVWhdpC+dBsehFDjKMAuv9asAPwFkOzf8LH-TByGQBHUpXCOQA56ECwi9B6oSwkoMINLMAgHAApA8bmF-e

That’s not to say they couldn’t improve the other traits in that line such as Gadgeteer and Adrenal Implant.

Gadgeteer has barely any boons unlike Experimental Turrets. They could totally revisit Gadgeteer so it works better.

Adrenal Implant could act like the Adrenal Mushrooms in HoT and periodically recharge all cooldowns which would be nice.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!