Rune of Alturism is awesome

in Engineer

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

The newly released Runes of Alturism are fantastic on support engineers who use the medkit in their healing slot. It procs every time you equip the bundle, meaning 3 stacks of might to everyone around you -on demand- so long as the runes aren’t on cooldown. I use 3 of them in combination with 3 runes of the monk on a might-sharing bomb healer support build. It allows me to keep 10 stacks of might on my teammates with ease, while still supporting just fine. You lose out on having healing turret’s aoe heal in exchanged for stronger self-healing and more aoe might, so I feel it’s a fair tradeoff. Healing turret is not too shabby either since when deployed, it gives 3 stacks of might too, and then you can use it as a blast finisher in fire field for 3 more stacks of might on top of that. Beautiful. Utilising healing turret this way, the might-giving combo of B.O.B. >> Healing turret >> Fire Bomb >> switch to pistol/shield > Magnetic Inversion >> Explode Healing Turret will grant 12 stacks to everyone around you. However I feel that constantly kit-switching the medkit is more practical.

Thank you Anet, for giving us this wonderful new toy to play with. Team-support Engineers salute you.

I imagine this would also work well with flamethrower builds too, come to think of it.

(edited by Lifelike.5862)

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Thank you Anet, for giving us this wonderful new toy to play with. Team-support Engineers salute you.

I imagine this would also work well with flamethrower builds too, come to think of it.

I guess Anet didn´t take special engi-skills into account when creating this rune, more the opposite (which may make them taking a look on special engi-skills . . .)

in Engineer

Lifelike.5862

Even if the medkit thing gets nerfed, it’s still a very nice buff to healing turret and HGH elixer builds. +5 might every time you use healing elixer instead of just 2 is really nice.

(edited by Lifelike.5862)

in Engineer

Posted by: Townopolis.3607

Townopolis.3607

It already has an internal cooldown. I’m pretty sure that exists solely to prevent medkit abuse, as it is lower than the CD on any other heal skill, even with traits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Crows.2764

Crows.2764

That looks pretty neat for FT specs and even elixir build. While elixir H would have significantly higher CD doesnt matter since HGH and elixir duration are buffing might duration way over the CD and with HGH you would gain 5 stacks of might…

6 pieces would give also fury… with boon durations and elixir B you could get very interesting results.

Proper rotation of elixir H, B and goggles you could have permanent fury I think… and 15+ stacks of might.

(edited by Crows.2764)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I guess Anet didn´t take special engi-skills into account when creating this rune, more the opposite (which may make them taking a look on special engi-skills . . .)

The Irony – It’s not that Anet didn’t take special engineer skills into account… they forgot that they even created the engineer class.

Just kidding
But great find to OP. Didn’t even know there were new runes like this.

in Engineer

Lifelike.5862

It’ll honestly be a shame if they do nerf this. You can get maybe 9 stacks up before it starts to decay. That’s not particularly overpowered compared to warriors running around with perama-11 stacks, and it encourages Engineers to explore their unique class mechanism in kit switching anyway.

in Engineer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Seems pretty obvious to me that swapping to Med Kit triggering “on heal skill use” effects is not intentional. This works with Enhanced Performance in the Explosives tree too by the way.

Better not get too used to it, it will get “fixed” eventually and looking at the current nerfs to actual bug fixes ratio probably sooner rather than later.

Anyway, if you want these runes, buy them now. At about 50 silver a piece the prices will only go up.

(edited by blurps.2340)

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

bought 6 of these at 30s a piece a few days ago, and am really enjoying them, still playing with builds but there a few ways to abuse the heck out of em. With Sigil of battle and enhance performance you can get 9 stacks of might on demand, fury, and with speedy kits and invigorating speed swiftness and vigor all for just equiping the med kit. I haven’t tried it with a sigil of strength yet but this seems like it would synergize well with the fury.

But even after all this might stacking business, DPS is still pretty mediocre (except prybar hits like a frieght train instead of a semi truck) I’m thinking of switching up to be more condition damage oriented, but that doesn’t help my beloved tool kit much.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kai.3680

Kai.3680

These runes have been a pretty awesome find. Running a 0/30/0/30/10 build with sitting duck, hgh, juggernaut, and elixir traits. I use FT in combination with the runes, jugg, and hgh to have a consistent burst of 15-18 stacks of might. Throughout battle I rarely see my might drop below 10 and with proper elixar rotation you can maintain more than that. Elixir H, B, and utility goggles provide a nice mixture of boons and specifically a source of almost perma fury. I can’t say enough about sitting duck in combination with all this. Might doesn’t seem to do for us engi’s what it does for other classes but when your stacked with might and facing an enemy full of vunerability then your damage can be impressive. In a mixture of Knights and PTV gear I typically have a FT pulse ranging from 2500 to over 3000 not to mention proc crit boons/conditions like crazy. Take your choice of p/p or rifle to take advantage of sitting duck. I love when you have a well placed glue shot and put vunerability on a whole pack of mobs. Of course you could also run sitting duck with the trait that procs vulnerability on crit and then maybe a sigil that procs vuln on crit and see what kind of stacks you could get. Granting the party might and fury has given noticeable differences in dps especially if you decide to swap in a healing kit instead of the elixir. I haven’t even tried the might granting sigils so who knows what you could achieve with those.

in Engineer

Posted by: Petezahut.3068

Petezahut.3068

rune of altruism + trait 10 down explosives + sigil of battle = easiest might stacking WITHOUT using elixirs.

the trait lasts 15 secs on a 10 second cd, the sigil lasts 20 secs on a 10 second cd and the rune lasts 10 sec on a 10 second cd… so you would need + boon duration to get 18 stacks, so its possible to get at between 9-15 stacks every 10 seconds with med kit. first use of medkit would result in 9 stacks. after 10 seconds you get 15 stacks (or 18 if you have +boon duration) for the next 5 seconds. then the trait will drop its first 3 stacks and youll be down to 12 stacks. then repeat to continuously get from 12 to 18. you wont drop below 12 due to sigil of battle lasting 20 seconds unlike the other two sources.

so if this is combined with with HGH or flame thrower you can get to 25 easier with an infinite duration of 9 stacks of might [ HGH moreso than flamethower]

and if they do fix the heal thing to not be whatevers in skillbar 6 our lowest cd heal is 14 seconds [traited], so not much of a nerf

(edited by Petezahut.3068)

in Engineer

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

You guys sure this still works? I just bought a set of runes expecting it to do this as I’d done something similar with a different build a long time ago, but it seems like they nerfed it already. It seems to be basing the CD on the toolbelt heal now.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: Snafoo.2869

Snafoo.2869

It still works exactly as it always has today, no idea how you came to that conclusion.

I don’t see how this would be considered terribly OP anyhow, seeing as how it does require you to switch to a kit that has 0 offensive capability (so for about 2 seconds you won’t be doing any damage) and all it does is give another way to (more easily) access buffs we could already get many other ways.
The main stat being healing power is also a drawback for builds looking to maximize damage.

Basically it gives us a slight boost in supporting/buffing others and a bit more versatility (and isn’t that what engineers are about? ).

That said; the runes do fit excellently into my static discharge/medkit build and I love ’em.

in Engineer

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I came to that conclusion by putting 6 runes on my armor and using med kit… took ~17-18 seconds before I was able to get the two boons again.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: jalioo.1639

jalioo.1639

I just want to chime in to this thread for a couple self-find “facts” after testing it for a while. I went on rune hunting after the nerf to grenade 1 skill.

Before i start, I think some of the posters above either are theory crafting or have never paid attention to the might and fury duration from this rune. Unless I am playing a different game, this rune give 10 sec 3x might and 5sec fury on a 15 sec cooldown (tooltip says 10 sec cooldown but anyone who has used this rune will notice the tooltip is incorrect).

Naturally I went for might stacking route because of sigil is working with kit now. I could easily stack 15 stacks of might with just 40% might duration + 20% boon duration from traits and use sigil of battle and explosive line trait (3x might on heal skill). But I find the damage is still subpar without high crit chance, and the main gripe is the clunkiness of the weapon swapping during a fight. I am a casual player, and I find constantly having to remember to swap from my grenade kit to weapon to activate the sigil and the back to medkit for the 3x might trait on heal is tiring and wasting my dps.

So I next look for an easier rune to use and found out about this rune of altruism. I thought it was made for engineer, but alas it looks the rune has some bugs after testing it in PVE.

1) Yes this rune is awesome. I think it beats rune of centaur (group swiftness) for engineer due to free 2 dps boon to the group (3x might and fury)

2) I think this rune is bugged because the cooldown is more than 10 sec. I think it is closer to 15 secs.

3) With this rune & 20% boon duration from traits & 15% boon duration from rune, you will get 7 secs fury from this boon, and 13.5sec fury from medkit 5. This is perma fury if you time it correctly. This mechanic is a bit clunky to use during fight because you have to drop medkit 5 and walk up front to consume, which means you will lose 1-2 sec of dps.

4) The price of this rune will probably rise after the event because it needs flawless snowflake. However, compared to other runes, this rune looks like it is build for engineer. Other classes are better off with many other runes for their armor. Since engineer is the least played class, we might not see any upswing in the price of this runes. If you want to be safe, stock up 7 pieces.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

I’m thinking of switching up to be more condition damage oriented, but that doesn’t help my beloved tool kit much.

In fact, it does help your TK if you use it to apply Confusion (which you should).
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion

Pannonica
Red Guard