Rune of perplexity ? Here is my experience

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

That’d be horrible OTOH, because such runes exist for other effects – why not confusion?

It’s just a matter of balancing the duration and ICD of the procs.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

The runes are even more blatantly op on a warr who can get 9 stacks of confusion with each interrupt (and they have alot of them).

this so much i dunno why engineers are the ones getting all the hate to begin with

Probably because not that many wars run full condition damage sets, so it limits how many wars can actually make a super strong distracting strikes build at the drop of a hat. Basically all engies run pistol/pistol or pistol/shield with condi damage, making it extremely easy for one to buy some perplexity runes and run this troll build for under 10g.

Maid Of The Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Mostly that. And Mesmers have some confusion themselves, but less than the runes give, and have less easy applicators.

So Mesmers and Engineers end up being roughly even in the Confusion field, but Mesmers are sort-of expected to have it.
(as a main mesmer, I’ll admit, it stings how strong my engineer is with confusion compared to her)

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: sonja.4810

sonja.4810

Man, koroshi, that deer was really out to get you.

Thats actually kinda smart using a deer to bounce the static hits off. I woulda kitten ed and not done that…

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

TBH if they put an internal cooldown on them shorter than 90 seconds, I’m still gonna run them. I had forgotten how much fun some of these combos are, and how much fun interrupts can be, even if they don’t proc confusion.

And after a week or so playing with them, I can say they aren’t as OP as some of the other broken professions/builds (I’m looking at you, Hammer warriors) and in the wrong hands, inexperienced players are gonna die faster spending too much time thinking about how to interrupt targets, and not enough actually fighting.

I REALLY wish I had taken video this week of the perplex engies I’ve stomped. You have to be a decent PvPer (I am barely that) BEFORE you equip the runes to be able to use them well.

This is not a faceroll to win rune set.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

No change in this update. At least no announced change.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

@lunyboy – They might not be faceroll to win, but they are certainly stronger than other rune sets as they are now. An ICD is needed to bring them in line with the rest.

@ Tyaen – I guess they were too busy with ascended/SAB.

I’ll just repost my opinion of this rune set from the WvW thread

I can not think of another set of runes that have as much effect as this set. They are as strong as a master + grandmaster trait. They are build defining runes (most visibly so on warrior). Other rune sets support builds… they don’t define them… at the very least not to the extent that perplexity does. That makes me agree that they are in need of some adjustment.

Interrupts are easily accessed by some classes… and the set to not having an ICD creates a problem.

IMO the only question would be how to do it as to not trash the set.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

IMO the only question would be how to do it as to not trash the set.

The easy answer is ICD.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

I would argue the easy answer is the reduction in stacks/duration not an icd. ICD makes the rune single target only which defeats the purpose of aoe interupts. It already annoys me that half the sigils in this game only hit 1 person on crits when I’m using aoe abilities. I’d still probably use them w/an icd though as long as it wasn’t something crazy like 20s.

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I would argue the easy answer is the reduction in stacks/duration not an icd. ICD makes the rune single target only which defeats the purpose of aoe interupts. It already annoys me that half the sigils in this game only hit 1 person on crits when I’m using aoe abilities. I’d still probably use them w/an icd though as long as it wasn’t something crazy like 20s.

This is why buff procs are ALWAYS gonna be better than debuff procs when internal cool downs are used to balance skills and traits. That being said, this dovetails nicely with a confusion build on an engineer, and I will be using it anyway… unless the scavenger, or traveler runes are as good as they seem to be.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I think lots of players are getting used to the runes now and they are not as strong as when they first came out. They can be easily countered by stability, invun, and condition removal. Also with classes and builds like stun/lock cc wars, phant mesmer, necros, bm regen rangers and perma stealth thiefs these runes aren’t really op at all. It take some skill to land interups and it punish button mashers I think they are a nice addition to the game.

Its also very nice to see gc thiefs hs spam themself to dealth

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Engineer

Posted by: Nickeloneon.8714

Nickeloneon.8714

Honestly, they are as bad as Thieves when it comes to roaming. Roaming in WvW is just Warriors, Warriors, moar Warriors. And if you look the other way you wont see anything, but the perma-stealth Thieves are all there.

Made me lol.

:)

Nycke / Best warrior evar ~ 11111111111111111-5-F1… I win!!

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

I think lots of players are getting used to the runes now and they are not as strong as when they first came out. They can be easily countered by stability, invun, and condition removal. Also with classes and builds like stun/lock cc wars, phant mesmer, necros, bm regen rangers and perma stealth thiefs these runes aren’t really op at all. It take some skill to land interups and it punish button mashers I think they are a nice addition to the game.

Its also very nice to see gc thiefs hs spam themself to dealth

^^ this.

I’m seeing a lot more people counter properly. The biggest advantage I see now is in zerg balls. Drop supply crate on a bunched up group, throw shield, run into the zerg and over charge shield 4, rocket boot out.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

The runes are even more blatantly op on a warr who can get 9 stacks of confusion with each interrupt (and they have alot of them).

this so much i dunno why engineers are the ones getting all the hate to begin with

Warriors keep playing the “oh, but i am sooooo underpowered card!”. Even tough theyve been getting solid, and big, buffs for a bunch of patches straigth now.

People feel like an idiot complaining about the oh so “underpowered” Warrior. Truth is with all the love theyve been getting they are now one of the biggest outliers, especially in WvW.
Honestly, they are as bad as Thieves when it comes to roaming. Roaming in WvW is just Warriors, Warriors, moar Warriors. And if you look the other way you wont see anything, but the perma-stealth Thieves are all there.

Are you saying engineers can’t roam? lol. Click the two blue links in the sig my friend.

As for these runes, I decided to log on after a week of not playing due to school & work to check them out. I can get 20 stacks on someone with not too much effort, and I almost always play p/p – using shield is something new to me. Easy mode runes, use ’em before the nerf hammer hits.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer