Scrap heap to lege

Scrap heap to lege

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Marauder’s amulet, rune of water, sigil of blood, sigil of air, metabuild final Salvo spec. Nothing special here.

Unsung hero of scrapper pvp: blast gyro.

Switch slick shoes out for blast gyro. Run HT, bulwark, EG, sneak gyro. I know.

No, really, I know. Try it. Just give it a whirl. Test it out in a custom arena or unranked against your favorite OP reaper of any flavor. As soon as shroud pops, so do bulwark and blast gyro. Blast gyro aoe knock back through shroud, plus 2k dmg, to interrupt with thunder clap. At this point you can do one of two things; rocket charge and try to burst down shroud and apply daze, or drop super elixir right next to lightning field. Important you don’t do too close, acid bomb in light field (usually the reaper is desperately trying to burst you down and apply vulnerability at this point). Hammer 2, fumigate, bounce shot, then rocket charge inside light field for light aura and another big burst. If they aren’t running or dead, repeat dps rotation, fumigate, HT. You will also be able to proc another blast gyro somewhere in there for anothe 2k+ aoe knock back that goes THROUGH shroud.

A version of this carried me to diamond. This that I just broke down during smoke break carried me through.

Yw engi community.

Scrap heap to lege

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

im a fan of B over bulwark against necros. bit more damage and condi cleansing, plus stability that is covered from those scepter autos.

its not great to pop blast as soon as you see shroud cuz the first thing any decent necro does in shroud is turn on dat stability thats off the global cd. wait a little and make sure you know its down so you can get the kittener off point for a decap.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Scrap heap to lege

in Engineer

basz.6129

I hear you. Thing is, it knocks them back anyways. Idk if bug or the coding definition of whatever action it is means it works. All I know is it consistently puts their kitten in the dirt, takes a chunk, and sets me up for a melt rotation. It’s cd is so fast, even if they evade or destroy it, I just kite and rely on bulwark, then try again

Scrap heap to lege

in Engineer

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Thanks for that.
Has anyone considered taking Inversion Enzyme instead of Self Regulating Defenses?

With the condi meta out there i almost always have chilled on me and this trait will convert chilled to 2 sec of resistance which is pretty good.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Scrap heap to lege

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Thanks for that.
Has anyone considered taking Inversion Enzyme instead of Self Regulating Defenses?

With the condi meta out there i almost always have chilled on me and this trait will convert chilled to 2 sec of resistance which is pretty good.

yes its good. i like it for several reasons, but srd is also a strong indicator that you should gtfo. tbh scrapper shouldnt have much condi troubles. resistance is cool but the conversion is so short youll rarely notice it and you constantly clean anyways. the other really nice conversion is slow against mesmers/rangers.

against necros in say 1v1, theyll just fully strip you fairly often, and in that case you dont wanna generate more stripping fodder. its better to merely clean and not convert, and abuse your distance control to gain advantage.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

Scrap heap to lege

in Engineer

basz.6129

The only 1v1 scenario where I have consistent problems is against a well handled condi/torment mesmer. 7+ stacks of torment on what feels like 0 cooldown. I can stand there and die, or run and die. It’s fun to have choices