Scrapper Builds?!

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

After messing around with Scrapper a ton in open world I’ve made a ton of notes on how different builds were working out for me. I am running full ascended armor and full ascended trinkets. Legendary Hammer. Using a mix of Soldier’s + Berserker’s.

Notes
Taking High Caliber and No Scope (Firearms) works well. Maintain 20% – 40% increased crit chance.

Instead running Heavy armor Exploit (Firearms) with Invigorating Speed (Alchemy) works very well with Scrapper. Yields a 10% – 30% increased crit chance and 100% uptime on swiftness/vigor in combat.

Running the obvious Juggernaut (Firearms) + Mass Momentum (Scrapper) combo builds might quickly between fights. The hammer Auto Attack is great at keeping up might in combat.

Alternatively running Expert Examination (Scrapper) gets you some easy Vuln on openers, and not hard to maintain with a second lightning field.

I hate running without Streamlined Kits (Tools).

Bunker Down (Inventions) works out really well since you are in melee most of the time hitting with the mines and picking up the med kits comes very naturally.

I love Sneak Gyro in PvP. This thing has to be the biggest troll to other players. If I jump off a cliff it totally screws with other people and gives me a good escape. It has such a short CD I feel like I can enter stealth so much that I might as well be a Thief or Mesmer. It feels good hitting something with 2, blocking with 4, then re-entering stealth and waiting for other CDs. Also it grants access to revealed without having Lock On (Tools). In PvE I usually just swap it with Crate.

Running Shredder Gyro literally for the Toolbelt skill. Having 2 Lightning Field lines up well with your 3 skill providing a ton of daze (And Vuln while traited) for PvE Breakbars and PvP control.

Kits feel extremely awkward with Scrapper. The only kit I tend to run is Flamethrower with Juggernaut (Firearms). I usually run Expert Examination (Scrapper) even while running this. The utility of the Flamethrower is great and landing a double hit with 2 > 2 works.

I love Hammer 2.
I really LOVE Hammer 2.

Really the hammer. It feels very fulfilling offering Damage avoidance using skills 2, 3, and 4 while retaining decent, certainly not the best, but decent output.

Current Build

I often trade Flamethrower for Elixir U for the Stunbreak and swap Juggernaut for modified Ammo. I think if I was better with Flamethrower you could almost use it as a Stunbreak.

I have to say, I miss the exploration swiftness from Streamlined Kits but I feel like between Elixir B and the swiftness that builds with Heavy Armor Exploit, I will live. Haven’t decided on a Rune Set. Haven’t Decided on Sigils.

I am still messing around with builds and would love to see what other people have been working on.

(edited by Rage Cube.4573)

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Currently I am running this Tank n’ Spank (click me!). I have found Cavalier to be exceptional for the new HoT content, especially when utilizing the crit increase from Firearms. Hammer is amazing for pre stacking Vuln and Grenades make up for the rest. Pack runes makes it possible to maintain perma swiftness just by comboing inside Lightning field, providing yourself with passive regen and massive regen through superspeed uptime. 50% crit chance is more than enough to appease my appetite, if it means that I am able to face tank Champs and events. Honestly, I do not miss Berserker after using this setup. Personal + group support rolled into one with Berserk-esque damage, who doesn’t love that.

(edited by Mnemesis.8257)

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

I’ve found that, in terms of kits which synergize well with hammer, elixir gun works quite well. With streamlined kits, it provides the immob, which is easy to land when you’re in melee with hammer. I find a quick swap to e-gun > acid bomb can be great for getting out after a melee burst, leaving the enemy stuck in a dps puddle. It also provides a blast finisher. Combine with speedy recovery, the adept scraper trait that gives super speed for finishers in lightning, backpack regenerator from alchemy, and super elixir skill for insane health regen. I’ll go in with hammer lockdown and big damage, then acid bomb out, keeping perma weakness on foes while my health fills right back up and damage skills cool down.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Mnemesis.8257

I’ve found that, in terms of kits which synergize well with hammer, elixir gun works quite well. With streamlined kits, it provides the immob, which is easy to land when you’re in melee with hammer.

This is where I’m conflicted. Now that we have a Lightning Field, the swiftness from Streamlined Kits is essentially Obsolete. There is no need to waste a trait line for Swiftness when it is readily available on demand. Utilizing double Orbital Strike + Acid Bomb + Pack Runes= Permanent Swiftness. I will gladly use 4 skills every minute or so to gain IMS if it means I free up an entire Trait Line for more adaptive play.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

@ OP: That’s pretty similar to what I run for open world stuff, except I use Mass Momentum over Expert Examination since that’s pretty much a guaranteed 10 stacks of might that don’t go away as long as you stick to FT.

If you want vuln stacked, drop the shredder on a lightning field near your mob.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Goosekilla.2796

This is where I’m conflicted. Now that we have a Lightning Field, the swiftness from Streamlined Kits is essentially Obsolete. There is no need to waste a trait line for Swiftness when it is readily available on demand. Utilizing double Orbital Strike + Acid Bomb + Pack Runes= Permanent Swiftness. I will gladly use 4 skills every minute or so to gain IMS if it means I free up an entire Trait Line for more adaptive play.

Understood, and it’s the trait line that I’m least happy with – both in my current build and in general. The free stun break from adept is nice. Adrenal implant dodges are kind of nice, but with as much vigor as you can get elsewhere (including optimized activation, seriously!?) it’s also somewhat lackluster. The other non-gadget GM is situational at best, and even then only if you have toolbelt skills that are worth it. So yes, the immob from streamlined kits is a big reach/sacrifice. There aren’t many other ways to get that kind of immobilize lockdown, though.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Rage Cube.4573

I’ve found that, in terms of kits which synergize well with hammer, elixir gun works quite well. With streamlined kits, it provides the immob, which is easy to land when you’re in melee with hammer.

Mind sharing a build… I usually forget e-gun is even a thing.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Been running this of late in PvE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpideBubB0ehl7jieVj1bNsGCgM57fGoDC-TFCFABNpkCgLAwVKBRS5iAPAADV/pm9HSTHQAAEADdoDdoDdotzdO0dO0dGA-w

Throw down hammer 5, jump into the middle with the reflect bubble up and become a whirling hammery ball of exploding death. Bunker down, enhanced by the explosive traits, its surprisingly punchy.

For WvW I’m typically running with the standard FT Scrapper tank or Alchemy + Inventions just because it give me far more tools for survival. That said I am thinking about tweaking things so I can at least take the Bulwark Gyro for the mobile reflect bubble.

Overall I’m still tinkering around but I think for general play I’ll probably end up using either HGH hammer or FT tank setup.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Goosekilla.2796

This is what I’m using right now. Almost certainly not optimal, as discussed above, but Rage Cube asked for a build, and this is what I’m using. It has crazy condi removal and stunbreak, can lay on some pretty decent damage, and heals like crazy.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBtbhlXB2XBEqilJji+tr79W8ZOgAYc9qgIA-TJRGwAAuAAg2fIaZADPAAA

Edit: typo. There are no gals in this build

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

(edited by Goosekilla.2796)

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Mnemesis.8257

Mine was included in the first post to respond to you, but I will provide it again. Currently I am running what I call Tank n’ Spank (click me!). The first utility is highly adaptable and can be switched for pretty much anything you need. I think E-Gun is pretty essential for any party based build, especially if you combine it with a Gyro appropriate for the situation you intend to face.

(edited by Mnemesis.8257)

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Rage Cube.4573

Mine was included in the first post to respond to you, but I will provide it again. Currently I am running what I call Tank n’ Spank (click me!). The first utility is highly adaptable and can be switched for pretty much anything you need. I think E-Gun is pretty essential for any party based build, especially if you combine it with a Gyro appropriate for the situation you intend to face.

Mindblown. Didn’t realize you were the same poster. Ha.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Coolster.2536

Coolster.2536

I run what I like to call the Gyro Scrapper Build. I find it to be really fun and a good Tank/DPS hybrid build.
In PvE I run Explosives instead of Alchemy with Glass Cannon, Shaped Charge, and Siege Rounds with a Knight’s/Cavalier’s Armor mix and trying to get Soldier trinkets with Ruby Jewels.

You Can’t Be A Genius, If You Aren’t The Slightest Bit Insane. B)

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

I try hammer/juggernaut ft scrapper and I can say , is rlly cool BUT too simple. I play enginner over 2 years and i missing skill versatility trough kits.

But scrapper traits is amazing. I combine this elite with explosions and firearms. I run condi build. Yea i loose some survival abilities, but i can solo everything. With condi I have sustain EHP like hammer/juggernaut but much bigger dmg(after 10sec of start fight).

I think that engi was, be and will be class od versatility. I hope that anet dont push us(or only me) to one build and gyros. I found only few usage of gyros(but they work perfect in this situtions) keep testing and meaby i will post some build too. hf

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Scrapper SD all the way .

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: UntimelyM.7860

UntimelyM.7860

Man after my own heart!

Hammer SD with Elixir B and Bulwark Gyro. Incredibly versatile, plus the ability to win a 1v1 in <1 second if you time it right

Full zerk, Air and Fire Sigils, Pack Runes. (Bulwark Gyro + Protection Injection + Loaf of Saffron Bread = Dont need a stunbreak)

Really loving Scrapper so far.

Engineer – Prozap H [JDGE] Judge Legends & [CHvc] Cry Havoc – Gandara
Youtube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFPEOjy4Pt8jupHeT2LkiUA

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Nubu.6148

Haha Zap , my build is lil different but yeah 1 sec is ok .
And i love my Hammer SD !

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Allie.4925

Allie.4925

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but I would merely like to say (in the shredder gyro’s defense) that while alone it’s pathetic, in the correct combo fields, the shredder can be a mass murderer.

Put it in a lightning field and it’ll spam out static discharge bolts like crazy. If you put it underneath your target, and stun them there, every single bolt will hit it.

Need a heal? Mortar 5. It’ll heal like crazy.

Need to stack poison? Oh. We got that. Mortar 2.

Need to remove conditions? Oh. We got that (mortar 4).

It even comes with it’s own lightning field, so that whenever the hammer 5 lightning field drops, you can continue with that.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: GreenRipper.6432

GreenRipper.6432

I love Medic Gyro, on wvw roamming I use:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASncoClchNeBGpCEqilNjiesP71Gs4SuIacCKgAA-TBCFABFcBAaSpHAPAgCV/5KlgIpMINdAts/QAAEgbezAwQH6QH6QHaLX5KX5KX5kCoIlRA-e

On PvE trade bulwark gyro to Utility googles, and offensive foods

Nightmare Clown – RUSH guild [Yak’s Bend]
www.twitch.tv/nightmare_clown

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Here’s the open world build I’ve been using for the new HoT content:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUB9dh1aBupC0ehl7iie1j9ZHcBjwAYcLaiPD-TxRBABXp8jm9HwTHwCXAAAeAAUq+jZKBBA-e

Juggernaut + Mass Momentum allow you to sustain 10 stacks of might, even without Strength runes when you camp FT. This allows FT to be competitive with other builds in DPS when solo since you generally won’t sustain that much might on your own unless you stop to do a lot of active might stacking.

Stability with this allows you to deal with the CC that’s now thrown around in new open world content.

Static Discharge + Rocket Kick allows you to combo this with Flame Blast to burst low health mobs.

Rocket Boots with Gadgeteer provides high mobility which is great for either travel or kiting particularly tough mobs.

Shredder Gyro can be tossed on lightning fields for long fights to stack vuln or on the FT fire field for short or AoE fights.

Elite can easily be switched out for just about anything else.

Scrapper traits allow you to run this with zerker gear.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

UntimelyM.7860

I love Medic Gyro, on wvw roamming I use: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASncoClchNeBGpCEqilNjiesP71Gs4SuIacCKgAA-TBCFABFcBAaSpHAPAgCV/5KlgIpMINdAts/QAAEgbezAwQH6QH6QHaLX5KX5KX5kCoIlRA-e

On PvE trade bulwark gyro to Utility googles, and offensive foods

Saw your build and thought it looked really interesting.. until I realised that you have 0 condi cleanse!! It won’t survive 10 seconds against a condi spec

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

GreenRipper.6432

Medic Gyro clear conditions
And I have -40% condition duration and -20% of condition damage… For now it is sufficient
Especially with the nerf of food for durations

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

Man after my own heart!

Hammer SD with Elixir B and Bulwark Gyro. Incredibly versatile, plus the ability to win a 1v1 in <1 second if you time it right

Full zerk, Air and Fire Sigils, Pack Runes. (Bulwark Gyro + Protection Injection + Loaf of Saffron Bread = Dont need a stunbreak)

Are we talking about PvE here or PvP. xD

I can see how u can kitten people off with SD and Bulwark haha.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

UntimelyM.7860

Man after my own heart!

Are we talking about PvE here or PvP. xD

I can see how u can kitten people off with SD and Bulwark haha.

Ah I’m talking about WvW roaming or dueling. Generally speaking, you can do far more interesting things with builds in WvW than in PvP.

@GreenRipper – I didn’t realise that medic gyro cleared condis.. If so I might have a play with it tomorrow.
I’d still value rifle turret over battering ram for an SD build though, especially since you can activate it mid Rocket Charge (Twice if they tried to attack you and you evaded with the skill + have Kinetic Battery slotted).

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

GreenRipper.6432

Launching personal batering ram have a extra daze and sinergy with expert examination.
Combo: hammer#5->f3->f2->hammer#3->hammer#4->hammer#2

(edited by GreenRipper.6432)

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

And I have -40% condition duration and -20% of condition damage… For now it is sufficient

How can your Medic Gyro clear conditions?

You have no Rune that can do it nor do you have inventions trait that do it?

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: ricky.4870

ricky.4870

HERE MY BUILD THAT WORK PRETTY WELL. nice damage high survivability, and it marauder!! still i can t 2v1 depending on player skills.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBFpideBubBEqilJji+tr79Oc7SmwS8ZOgAA-TJBIABWXGAgLAQYPAgQ2fAA

if link dont work or something let me know!

here a link of some gameplay too so you guys see how it work more or less enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tFztWyJGo8

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

HERE MY BUILD THAT WORK PRETTY WELL. nice damage high survivability, and it marauder!! still i can t 2v1 depending on player skills.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBFpideBubBEqilJji+tr79Oc7SmwS8ZOgAA-TJBIABWXGAgLAQYPAgQ2fAA

if link dont work or something let me know!

here a link of some gameplay too so you guys see how it work more or less enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tFztWyJGo8

Just played a match with this. It was indeed a lot of fun. Only thing I am thinking about is if HGH is really worth it since it is only for E-gun 4 and 5. But the rest of the traitline probably adds to this survivability.

According the video, you just start out with E-gun #4 and then follow up with the posion spray.

Then it is just smashing and try to block as much as possible and whenever the enemy wants to burst you either daze him or get your bulwark in. The reflecting bubble is so nice to add to this. You can basically jump into a team fight and make you personal arena against someone.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Uh no it doesn’t.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Nubu.6148

Perhaps he skilled inventions.

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Blue Arremer.9628

Blue Arremer.9628

He didn’t in the build he posted.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Nubu.6148

Ah ok didnt get it that he posted a build.

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: ANort.1425

ANort.1425

This is a bit of a silly, power+condi burst build that’s fun to play

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFACnUUB1ahFpCEqiF2ii+3L+mHcEPxAYMHHjvA-TJBFABCcBAEvMgH7PAwDAAA

The burst damage from Sigils of Air+Fire, Incendiary Ammo, and Incendiary Powder along with Thunderclap and Rocket Charge is pretty great. The third utility can be anything, though elixir gun or took kit are probably the best choices. Tried it with a zerk amulet but it felt way too fragile.

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Man after my own heart!

What are you running for the SD build? Alch, Tools, Scrapper and Buwark, Elixer B, Rifle Turret?

Scrapper Builds?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Xabaras.1658

Xabaras.1658

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUhaqYdVw2Kw6FLsFFdwf8JP4IeiBQ4SNbxGA-TJBBABqXGAgLAgg7PMxDAAA

When I don’t play soldier + HGH normal engineer I am playing this build for the huge amount of lockdown it has on killing targeted enemies. They can burn through all the double dodges and stun breaks they want but they almost always fail to see the overcharged rocket coming at them.

It like most scrappers is also quite tanky but will lose out to necros for obvious reasons.

The main strategy I employ is to utilize the net turret to its fullest when you need to get off point when it gets +1 or +2’d. If you are lucky the reflect screws them over for trying to CC you with projectiles, if that fails there is the turret doing its job by giving you swiftness + possibly netting one coming after you.