Scrapper post launch feedback

in Engineer

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

Now that the scrapper is officially released, I though we could give our feedback on it, even if it may change due to the fact that it’s still new.

- first, as expected, gyros still don’t follow you very well, especially in new maps since there are a lot of different layers. And very often even on a flat ground you have to wait for them.
- Scrapper really need a mechanic in pve
- I think the destroy gyro command should be instant. Or at least add it to Final Salvo
- Perfectly weighted seems a bit undertuned
- What about doing something for superspeed stacking ?

Still I like the specialization and it will be my main, fun to play and with great potential.

(edited by Spleen.7836)

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

I am super not excited to have to go hunting hero points again to play with hammer in pve. My understanding is I must essentially hunt down every hero point in all maps to fill my new scapper spec.

Please correct me if I am mistaken because I find this a huge turn off. If I have to redo all the old maps, may as well just retire engi and start fresh with another class. *sad face

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobin.5947

Sobin.5947

I am super not excited to have to go hunting hero points again to play with hammer in pve. My understanding is I must essentially hunt down every hero point in all maps to fill my new scapper spec.

Please correct me if I am mistaken because I find this a huge turn off. If I have to redo all the old maps, may as well just retire engi and start fresh with another class. *sad face

I’m right there with you man. When i bought the base game, i thought i would instantly be max level and i would have all my hero points unlocked so i could spend my days running around lions arch playing hide and seek. It’s such a big turn off that i actually have to play the game

in Engineer

Posted by: Voramoz.6790

Voramoz.6790

Point Blank. Gyros are still way too slow. And Function Gyro needs to be able to do more than just stomp rez.

Edit: I’d also like chemical field to have more functionality. Poison fields are not that novel. Maybe keep it a poison field which transfers conditions off the engi? Wishlist type stuff.

(edited by Voramoz.6790)

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Gyro following is not good, as said a lot since launch.

Superspeed not stacking kills a lot of Scrapper traits and turns what would be good synergy into traits that hurt each other more than help.

Blast, Purge, and Shredder gyros have very very minimal use if any. The ones I think are okay (heal, bulwark, stealth) are hard to judge right now because they can’t follow you at all but those other 3 are just not useful under any circumstances. I won’t say what I would do to those other 3 because I already have a few times and I’m sure that if Irenio is looking for feedback on how we’d like them improved he has a long list by now.

Hammer is fantastic!

Traits are overall good, I still don’t like the minors and the adepts though. Need better choices there, and all the minor traits feel way too niche to be applied to every Scrapper automatically. Decisive Renown should be a minor because it’s practically required to make any use of the Function Gyro.

Function Gyro… bleh. It comes in handy once in awhile, but it’s difficult to target friendlies and it’s just not fast enough on enemies. In PVE it’s just… really not useful hardly at all. The little floating gyro is incredibly cute though, so it has that going for it.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Hammer is great now.
Traits are alright. I still don’t like that therer are 2 traits that are focused on reviving/stomping while a single elixir still does it better.
Gyros: Still too slow, sneak one is “ok” coz its aoe range is big but the other ones still don’t follow well enough.

Shredder should follow the engi so the engi becomes a moving whirl finisher.
All the oher gyros should follow closer. Blast gyro has to be faster (dart mechanic doesn’t feel right either)

Function Gyro needs something else going for ot other than ressing/stomping.

in Engineer

Posted by: Spart.6578

Spart.6578

The Hammer feels great. Loving that right now.

The gyros could use some work.

While using the Action camera, I’ve yet to find a way to actually use the function gyro in that mode, switching from Action to normal to target someone to use it isn’t as great as just running over to res said person. If someone knows an easy way to use it with the action camera, please share. Them keeping up is also a concern.

The Heal gyro being instant is pretty nice and that water field on toolbelt is amazing. Blast gyro is meh, and still working towards getting the rest of my skills unlocked so can’t comment on the other gyros just yet.

If Scrappers are focused on having superspeed in their kit, please allow to it stack in some form.

I am definitely having fun with the Scrapper. Mainly the reason I decided to hop back into GW2 for the expansion.

in Engineer

Spleen.7836

- Sometimes, even with final salvo, gyros (I’ve seen it on bulwark and blast) don’t give superspeed or lightning field. The gyro is on cooldown, but without detonate and it stays on the map doing nothing.
- final Salvo should always give superspeed even if you are far from the explosion.
- Sometimes Hammer 3 still make you jump far from your target.

(edited by Spleen.7836)

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

you can get 200HP from core tyria and do only 1/2 of HP in HoT maps if you prefer. You actually should have those 200pt if your engi is your main and you have done some world completion

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Posted by: WeedyZeGreedy.8635

WeedyZeGreedy.8635

Hammer is great now.
Traits are alright. I still don’t like that therer are 2 traits that are focused on reviving/stomping while a single elixir still does it better.
Gyros: Still too slow, sneak one is “ok” coz its aoe range is big but the other ones still don’t follow well enough.

Shredder should follow the engi so the engi becomes a moving whirl finisher.
All the oher gyros should follow closer. Blast gyro has to be faster (dart mechanic doesn’t feel right either)

Function Gyro needs something else going for ot other than ressing/stomping.

I adressed all of your issues in my mile long post, seems like we are on the same page

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

• function gyro in open world pve doesn’t offer anything, it’s a cosmetic flair next to my main’s shoulder – definitely needs more functionality or reworking the elite spec
  • gyros are still slow, IMO it would be better for them movement wise to be like inactive function gyro – a flair sticking close to the player, not using ai for movement
  • also please make them either decay or have hp, not both, this makes them even more gimmicky
  • hammer is great
  • traits are fine
I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

in Engineer

Spleen.7836

Like a lot of people, I think gyros should stick on the engineer like the function gyro, even if they can still be destroyed. The AI simply doesn’t work in the new maps… You tried, but it doesn’t work, please, listen to us. Because if there is even 1 cm of difference on the ground, sometimes the gyro make a large detour. Make them stick on the scrapper would solve most of the problems they have.

in Engineer

Posted by: REVOLVET.4807

REVOLVET.4807

The note after BWE3 mentioned that Gyro would start cooldown when summoned instead of death. Now, it seems that the cooldown starts when death. ??

in Engineer

Posted by: Lemondish.3268

Lemondish.3268

Like a lot of people, I think gyros should stick on the engineer like the function gyro, even if they can still be destroyed.

I was really hoping they would go with this after BWE3. The initial shot of the Scrapper we saw in the HoT announcement trailer made it seem like that was the goal. Having them orbit the Engineer would solve all the mobility and pathing issues they currently have.

Also, please, please consider a real elite mechanic. The function gyro provides no functions most of the time.

in Engineer

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Totally agree, scrapper is really cool. It just need some new mecanic in pve.

in Engineer

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

Function Gyro is really cool… sure the only use in PvE is reall to rez people, but I find that a huge in dungeons and what not. If anything I find the getting super speed and 1 stack of might trait is a bit underwhelming.

Other gyros are interesting, but yeah i’m not a huge fan of the lightning speed/superspeed playstyle, it might make sense if its superspeed (2s) + 1s of quickness

in Engineer

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

Ok So feed back thus far.

Function gyro dosn’t function all the time I tried to use it what little times it comes into play and it would not deploy. I was in the canopy when I attempted to deploy it and for some reason it would not give me the option thus the party member died. the other time I tried to deploy it would not deploy luckily others was there to rez the target.

Gyro’s I only have medic and blast gyro open but the medical one keeps going off on it’s own when in mid combat. And can’t keep up when running. Doesn’t seem to offer much of a heal unless staying still and then does not set itself apart from having better burst heals.

blast gyro Just doesn’t do the damage needed for it’s cool down. And like it did in beta can get lost if the ground isn’t flat. I’ll try this one a bit more to offer more feed back But all in all this doesn’t say take me over mines or bomb kit.

tool skills. Love the med gyro tool skill just wish it offered healing when first activated.
blast gyro has stun break which is good but since the other stuff on the skill is not all that I’m better off using something else.

On the up note the gyros didn’t die when they was up close during fights. But they didn’t stick with me either. Attacking mobs or going off on their own to npcs. A 1/4th life and my gyro runs off to the mob or another npc doesn’t bold well for my quality of live.

Once i’ve unlocked more will post more feedback.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

By in large, I’m happy with Scrapper, but here’s the points of criticism I have:

• Function Gyro is killed too easily
  • Function Gyro is too hard to target on downed allies
  • Medic Gyro is still too slow and is still outclassed by healing turret in just about every scenario
  • Blast Gyro dies too easily and is just too unreliable. The cooldown and damage aren’t enough to offset this.
  • Bypass Coating really doesn’t need a cast time.

My suggestion: Move the stunbreak from Blast Gyro’s toolbelt to Purge Gyro’s toolbelt. Without this change, I don’t expect to see anything except for maybe Sneak gyro used in PvP.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

My suggestion: Move the stunbreak from Blast Gyro’s toolbelt to Purge Gyro’s toolbelt.

I was actually wondering, what if Purge Gyro’s toolbelt skill removed one or two boons from enemies with each pulse? Could be neat. X)

The class is always greener on the other side.