Scrapper's are a little too tanky.

in Engineer

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Between the ability to stealth, several invulns, some of the best heals in the game and high block availability the Scrapper can just be far too tanky, while using blast gyros at the same time for damage output and CC. As much as Iove the engi this is a bit ridiculous, especially in PvP, where I’ve seen scrappers unkillable by three people focus firing.

in Engineer

SolarDragon.7063

Oh, plus the amount of teleports they have on top. It’s like fighting a shield warrior combined with the best parts of a shadowstep thief..
And their stealth covers all allies. They’re too good at too many things at once in sPvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

You are so right, those OP engineer teleports must stop immediately!

Attachments:

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

Teleport ? whaa ?
Did you mean leaps ?

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

in Engineer

SolarDragon.7063

Well either they’re hacking or something else weird is going on, since I’m seeing multiple scrappers that are basically doing shadowstep and return. And no it is NOT the hammer leaps.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nekrothaft.6390

Nekrothaft.6390

Well either they’re hacking or something else weird is going on, since I’m seeing multiple scrappers that are basically doing shadowstep and return. And no it is NOT the hammer leaps.

Pretty sure it’s the drugs.
They taste great but kitten up your eyesight.

“Necros are in a good spot”…. let the kitten sacrifice commence.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Guys ignore the teleports. Let’s talk about that crazy amount of sustain and why it needs to be nerfed.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

“Engi is OP”, haven’t heared that in a while.

Do you realize that we have to manage n handle like 190+ skills in total ? Have you ever played an engi utilizing its skills,combos and traits + doing the actual gameplay ?
If someone MASTERS this, he should be rewarded. Playing engi is not a 3 button char like ranger or warrior, you actually have to know what you are doing.

“while using blast gyros at the same time for damage output” on a 30+ seconds cooldown which starts AFTER they explode, each having a base damage of below 300, if someone manages to get out all 5 gyros + send them into your direction to detonate while you stand there farting into the ground, you deserve to die

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Please don’t feed the troll.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Between the ability to stealth, several invulns, some of the best heals in the game and high block availability the Scrapper can just be far too tanky, while using blast gyros at the same time for damage output and CC. As much as Iove the engi this is a bit ridiculous, especially in PvP, where I’ve seen scrappers unkillable by three people focus firing.

Several invuls? Can you list the multitude of those for us?

Some of the best heals in the game? Can you list those and explain how they are remotely "the best please?

3 bad players, on elite specs of their own that they are new to playing, unable to kill another does not make a profession Op

Oh, plus the amount of teleports they have on top. It’s like fighting a shield warrior combined with the best parts of a shadowstep thief..
And their stealth covers all allies. They’re too good at too many things at once in sPvP

Teleport? They do not have any.

How long did you play the scrapper to develop these conclusions? I ask, because as of now, you really come across, at least to me anyway, as someone who knows little about the ES and is complaining after someone kicked your tail in a fight.

What really seems baffling to me, is that your post history strongly suggest you main a thief, and it appears you are a huge proponent of stealth spam builds from what I am reading of your post’s, yet your here crying about stealth?

I think this may be what the OP seeks:

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Teleporting ? Invulnerable ? Only Elixier S , but this steal their option and is really short, what i think someone is just cheating around,because we can’t port around like thief ? Or maybe he was using his sneak gyro and you didnt paid attention to hit so he appeard and dissapeared.

And like someone else said , if you just stand there and farting around , then you die and if you complaining about this ? Please fight against a warrior with a lot of cc and greatsword.Sounds like Irenio made a class to counter CC warriors and you was one and complaining now here , because you died ?

If you really complain about that , then please complain on warrior forum aswell.They got it longer and now we got a option to be almost like that and peoples complaining about it now.

Give it some time and those builds will be able to counter anyways and 3 vs 1 and still alive ? They was staying inside those fields ?`Well then their fault.

Also Gyros are so preedictable and so easy to destroy.Maybe you need now for Pvp a range weapon AND a melee weapon.

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I think the OP fought a Mesmer and got the two professions somehow confused.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

People fall for troll bait way too easily these days.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

Aren’t shadow leaps a revenant hammer skill?

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

in Engineer

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

lol maybe he’s mistaking Revenants for scrappers? Neither are OP. I REALLY am getting tired of all the “this is OP!” threads from people who lose a match to an elite spec. Learn about the specs you are playing against and practice fighting them before running around crying OP.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Can’t figure out a counter to a build the first time you’ve ever seen it?

OP! Must nerf!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

SolarDragon.7063

This is when I point out I have an engi main and am honestly looking forward to scrapper when it comes live, and yes I DO play it PvP and am aware it is one of the hardest professions to master. Yes we’ve been middle of the road for a bloody long time, but that doesn’t mean throwing the hell out of balance.
No I wasn’t playing a CC warrior at the time.
Like I said, I’m not sure whats been going on but I have seen more than one scrapper actually teleporting, and YES I know what the leap looks like and NO IT WAS NOT A LEAP. I just figured it was a gyro function.
Yes it was 3v1 and they basically went through rotation of ElixirS, gyro stealth, gear shield and back to heals, and took barely any damage when they weren’t invulnerable, and their stealth gyro had far more survivability than I normally see and see described. Maybe I ran into someone cheating under the guise of beta classes. Wouldn’t understand why but shrugs.