Scrapper with dual pistol problem

in Engineer

Posted by: MrJ.8142

MrJ.8142

I don’t want to rant too long about it. Just please consider about this :
-> Not everyone like hammer, but still like gyros. I use dual pistol condi build with gyros and it’s total waste of trait. Please do something about this.

-> Your new map is great and big, but forces player who likes to solo to be party with other player or doomed to failed. Any suggestion?

Also thank you for hearing the engi-nades player so we could lock target with skill shot.

That’s all

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Not everyone like hammer, but still like gyros. I use dual pistol condi build with gyros and it’s total waste of trait. Please do something about this.

I would not go so far as to suggest that p/p scrapper is useless. If anything, it makes might stacking for condie burst even easier to achieve by combining FT/Juggernaut effect. Hop into Flamethrower every now and then for ridiculous might stacking that would usually require a full utility bar of elixirs to consume and now you have slots available for another kit and/or gyros. This is clearly just an example, so don’t take it as a tried and true build to follow:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancoCFpi1aBmYBEqil3iie3D+jHMD/wI47BnwAA-TByAABWoEEI1fk4EA88DAAAzfxoHQw9HeS5HhAWsGA-e

in Engineer

MrJ.8142

→ dual pistol condi build with gyros <-

Not everyone loves kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Not everyone can get what they want? Some skills just don’t go well together.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Mnemesis.8257

-> dual pistol condi build with gyros <-

Not everyone loves kit.

Gyros =/= Turrets. That’s the reality. There is no need for them to become less effective by dumbing them down to the extent that they perform condie application FOR us, if that is what you were implying.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Was running p/p balth, rabid scrapper with ft, elix b, s, and stealth gyro hgh and aristocracy runes. Was so much fun, constantly dipping in and out of stealth to condi bomb.

25 might stacks coupled with blowtorch is pretty sweet.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Engineer

MrJ.8142

I am not asking for them to change gyros so it can apply condition or else. It’s stupid of course. I just felt if you choose scrapper trait line while still clinging to p/p, you’re not as effective as before.

The point is, I still remember the first time this game came out, they promise we can build how we want, play how we want. And look at it now.

Me myself, I ran with p/p traveler, healing turret, exploding gyro, rocket boots, flame thrower kit and that cannon kit.
It works well with the current new map, new stupid trash mob, but still, I can’t do any effective mix and match anymore.

What happened with “build how we want” ?

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I am not asking for them to change gyros so it can apply condition or else. It’s stupid of course. I just felt if you choose scrapper trait line while still clinging to p/p, you’re not as effective as before.

The point is, I still remember the first time this game came out, they promise we can build how we want, play how we want. And look at it now.

Me myself, I ran with p/p traveler, healing turret, exploding gyro, rocket boots, flame thrower kit and that cannon kit.
It works well with the current new map, new stupid trash mob, but still, I can’t do any effective mix and match anymore.

That was never a promise, and if you think about it, it would be insane if it were.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

i kinda have the problem that the shredder gyro never seems to be able to apply burning bolts in a fire field – is that bugged or not supposed to work?

i mostly run with the boring old knights-flamethrower-elixir-might build…. but it works well and you hardly ever die…but your damage isnt huge…

now due to the might stacking i ran for now the same build – but could exchange the elixirs for some gyro (the bulwark for example) which makes me even more defensive :-)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

It was never “Build how you want”…

It was more every proff has access to a wide variety of builds: Melee, ranged, direct damage, condition damage, and utility are all different categories of builds. All classes have access to some form of each.

This is not the same thing as choose any traits you want and you will be good.

i kinda have the problem that the shredder gyro never seems to be able to apply burning bolts in a fire field – is that bugged or not supposed to work?

i mostly run with the boring old knights-flamethrower-elixir-might build…. but it works well and you hardly ever die…but your damage isnt huge…

now due to the might stacking i ran for now the same build – but could exchange the elixirs for some gyro (the bulwark for example) which makes me even more defensive :-)

I take shred gyro for the tool-belt skill… lol… so I haven’t really noticed too many problems with the gyro itself (other than it is terrible).

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

-> Your new map is great and big, but forces player who likes to solo to be party with other player or doomed to failed. Any suggestion?

This is not true. No one is forced to group up. Sometimes you may want to if you want to succeed with some stuff but that’s universal and true about base GW2 as well.

Soloed 3 maps with Engineer and Revenant. Including some HC champs.

in Engineer

Mnemesis.8257

Everything you have said is beyond confusing to me. You complained about p/p not being a viable option for the Scrapper Spec, something I showed can certainly be achieved EFFECTIVELY and then proceeded to suggest that it was not an option because it used condition applying kits! You are essentially suggesting that you want to play a 100b Warrior, but not have to use GS all the time? Nothing is preventing you from building/playing the way you want. However, if you want to play efficiently you have to make some compromises.