Scrappers are nerfed into uselessness

in Engineer

Posted by: countytime.8134

countytime.8134

Why is it ok for necromancers, guardians, elementalists, mesmers, to be ridiculously overpowered?

Is it because the devs play these classes? My engineer is useless now, 100% useless in pvp and wvw. Why is this ok?

in Engineer

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Sounds like a personal problem

in Engineer

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

… guardians…ridiculously overpowered?

ROFL.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

My engineer is useless now, 100% useless in pvp and wvw. Why is this ok?

Because it’s YOUR engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I don’t know about you but I kinda feel like this thread doesn’t belong here. At least post it in pvp forums

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

… guardians…ridiculously overpowered?

ROFL.

Lol!

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Apparentlt Guards and Necros got the same thought-provoking threads in their forums by the same poster.

I’m counting on seeing a “Why is X so OP” thread being created in Ele and Mesmer forums in 3 … 2 …

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Apparentlt Guards and Necros got the same thought-provoking threads in their forums by the same poster.

I’m counting on seeing a “Why is X so OP” thread being created in Ele and Mesmer forums in 3 … 2 …

Hes post history looks like a desperate scream to be banned.

in Engineer

Posted by: tomwcb.9713

tomwcb.9713

My engineer is useless now, 100% useless in pvp and wvw.

Man… you’ve obviously just had loss streak haven’t you? Scrapper is great in PvP!

1. Go to Metabattle, and follow the exact build – and then learn each element of it properly, like how the traits affect each other so you understand why your build is doing what it does, especially the passive elements.
2. Spend less time crying on the forums, and more time practising. The harsh truth is, you are not as good as you think you are. So go and get better.

in Engineer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

lmao im gonna say the same thing here as i did in the pvp thread you made

git gud casul

in Engineer

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Engineer

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Scrapper is my fav class to play in PvP at the moment. Its very very far from useless.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Maybe just play one of those OP classes, cause you are obviosly bad at Scrapper.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

in Engineer

Posted by: valk.7263

valk.7263

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

to be fair he’s got a point all of those professions have ridiculous sustain while dishing out ridiculous nonstop damage and condi

while engineer is pidgeonholed to a pretend tank

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

to be fair he’s got a point all of those professions have ridiculous sustain while dishing out ridiculous nonstop damage and condi

Dragonhunter has nothing at all on the Scrapper. Reaper has extremely poor disengage and easily cc chained. They rely completely on being an HP sponge, so it is laughable to say they have insane sustain. Eles have no damage pressure at all, so wrong again there. Don’t rely mess around with Rev or Mesmer so can’t comment there.

But no, he does not have a point at all. Scrapper is not some god mode class that people complain it is, but it is right up there with every other HoT class (Except DH, they are below everyone).

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Dragonhunter has nothing at all on the Scrapper. Reaper has extremely poor disengage and easily cc chained. They rely completely on being an HP sponge, so it is laughable to say they have insane sustain. Eles have no damage pressure at all, so wrong again there. Don’t rely mess around with Rev or Mesmer so can’t comment there.

But no, he does not have a point at all. Scrapper is not some god mode class that people complain it is, but it is right up there with every other HoT class (Except DH, they are below everyone).

^ biased DH main confirmed

altho i do agree in dh not posing as much of a thrat to any smart scrapper , and mixed feelings on necro because sure they dont have much mobility but in pvp arenas youo dont need much mobility if you can stay in a capture point being immortal

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

There’s one DH out there who just wrecks me… can’t figure out how it does it… what I wouldn’t give to know how he’s out playing me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

There’s one DH out there who just wrecks me… can’t figure out how it does it… what I wouldn’t give to know how he’s out playing me.

Stealths for a few seconds after he lays a trap from a specific rune?

in Engineer

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Account name of the DH?

As far as I know, on NA there’s only 2-3 ppl that are really good DH mains that play almost exclusively DH.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Engineer

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Why is it ok for necromancers, guardians, elementalists, mesmers, to be ridiculously overpowered?

Is it because the devs play these classes? My engineer is useless now, 100% useless in pvp and wvw. Why is this ok?

Erm scrapper is pretty strong in PvP, since the nerfs they might not be an automatic pick like tempest is, but still they are a strong pick, and in a much better position things like DH.

WvW on the other hand, engy/scrapper is indeed pretty unimpressive, but then that is nothing to do with nerfs, that is just down to the design of the class that offers very little that cannot be done by another class and what little unique stuff it does offer is just not that strong.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arise.6218

Arise.6218

Ummm…. just because you may not be the best Engi it doesn’t mean that Engis are useless. In PvP my scrapper has no problem wrecking any class. It just comes down to player skill, Engi is a complex class that requires some skill to play effectively. The only place that Engi does need a buff in is in PvE, mainly Raids. I hate that some classes can out DPS me with their simple rotations and play style. I’m looking at you necros and eles. I really dislike going into a raid and having people judge me because i enjoy playing engi. Half of the time if I want to raid in pug groups I feel pressured to swap to another class or get kicked. I’m lucky that I have every class geared and ready to raid, otherwise I wouldn’t see much raid action on my Engi. I just wish that my DPS could reflect the skill level that it requires to play Engi well.

in Engineer

Posted by: JetGrey.4203

JetGrey.4203

Perhaps it’s the role you are trying to play doesn’t fit well with the Scrapper or it’s builds. I’ve gone for a sustain-tank that will engage on fights for brief periods of time – just enough to deny the opponent opportunities to focus my team.

The Engineer is a kind of support, the all-rounder. You should utilize your AoE buffs and interrupts to push teamfights your way. The Scrapper is amazing at chasing down those who flee as well – but if my team is there, I wanna be in the thick of it.

A personal and perhaps non-professional suggestion is try folding the elixir spec into your build. Elixir U breaks CC, and many traits allow you to pile on necessary buffs.

Alternatively, crit-builds can be amazing too

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Good – Great at PvP
Unimpressive – Allright in PvE
Bad – Not so hot in WvW

Personally thats ok with me, I just hope that the next engi meta involves neither turrets nor gyros.

in Engineer

zinkz.7045

The Scrapper is amazing at chasing down those who flee as well…

What? Scrapper is trash at chasing things down, it has very little good ranged damage application and is one of the slowest classes at covering ground, the gap closer hammer 3 is probably the slowest in the game, the gyro’s don’t keep up so superspeed is unusable when chasing someone, etc, so if you think you are going to catch thief, ranger, GS warrior, ele FGS, even DH if they have cooldowns can open a big gap on a scrapper with f2 -> sword 2 or gs 3 -> renewed focus -> f2 (with traveller runes), then think again.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Engineer are not worthless since the nerf. And those classes are not OP. They are all actually in the same tier’s for the most part.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bleyd.9470

Bleyd.9470

Git Gud.

in Engineer

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

sits in a circle of dead thieves, warriors, necros, and rangers

you know. for all the complaining people do on engineer, i still find my engineer able to take on up to 3 enemies on my own, and win. maybe its just me being a bit obsessed with knocking people off cliffs, or not minding dragging a fight out over a long period of time (people obsess with burst dmg, while i’m find killing slowly if it means my survival)

i mean yeah it will struggle vs some classes(get the hell away from me rev. stop it. no. bad!)
but its the devil incarnate to others(thief sees me rolling, they hating, they runnin the other way~ w8..NO come back thief. i only want to kill you!…..he jumped off cliff….i’m taking credit for that)

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Engineer

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Not a “tank,” Scrappers are “bruisers.” They have very, very strong sustain.

NSPride <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

My scrapper is the most op thing I’ve played in wvw. I can jump into piles of enemies and start dropping cc like rain while reflecting projectiles and finishing some poor downed guy 800 to 900 away + pulsing stealth + stacking super speed + big regen.

It’s kind of ridiculous. I’d feel bad but it’s too much fun.

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

My scrapper is ultimate kiling machine in pvp. I choose 1 of my 3 builds before match which will suite against enemy comp. And my team , and I can say that explosive marauder hammer is deadly. Each seasson legendary div. Nerfs not touch me much. Meaby only rocket charge nerf is really dumb. 3 leaps 2 finishers… meaby nerf this to 2 leaps 2 finishers(no 3×1k dmg but 2×1k dmg) but reduce cd like before nerf to 10sec. At current state this skill looks silly.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

Problem is, Engineer in general is a hard class to learn. It’s not a weak class though. Having mained Engi since release, then picking up other classes like Ele, Mes, Rev, it’s very evident just how complicated it is to learn to use Engi.

As such, I see a lot of bad Engi’s out there. To the point that I on my scrapper, in PvP and WvW, can go 1 on 4… with 3 other Engi’s, with NO THREAT of losing the fight. In WvW, unless you are up against heavy condi, and you know how to play Scrapper right, don’t expect to lose 1 on 1s, 1 on 2s, or even 1 on 3s on a regular basis. Played right, Scrapper is that powerful of a class. The only weakness it has is heavy condi pressure.

in Engineer

zinkz.7045

My scrapper is the most op thing I’ve played in wvw. I can jump into piles of enemies and start dropping cc like rain while reflecting projectiles and finishing some poor downed guy 800 to 900 away + pulsing stealth + stacking super speed + big regen.

It’s kind of ridiculous. I’d feel bad but it’s too much fun.

Erm overall scrapper is pretty crappy in WvW, as a roamer it is mediocre, it has lots of sustain, stealth , etc, but terrible chasing power (your superspeed on gyros is crap when the gyros don’t keep up…), its damage application is poor (this is the difference with PvP when players are not forced to fight over a small capture point in WvW).

And as for large group play it is way behind guard, rev, necro, ele, etc, which is why in zergs it is probably the least wanted class other than thieves, and in guild raids it just has a very niche role and most guilds that run scrapper only use 1 or 2 of them.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Engineer

zinkz.7045

Problem is, Engineer in general is a hard class to learn

Not really, putting aside a game where you don’t need to aim, has virtually no resource management, is not mechanically demanding, etc so nothing is hard to learn, engi is a middling class, and scrapper is one of the easiest to learn.

The only weakness it has is heavy condi pressure.

It has other weaknesses, for example its damage application is poor, when you are fighting on a point in PvP that doesn’t matter, but when you are out in the open in WvW it makes a big difference, it has no decent ranged kit for damage (they are weak to useless at range – e.g – you can literally walk out of mortar at long range), so scrapper is really easy to kite in WvW on certain classes/builds, it also lacks chasing ability with rather crappy mobility (hammer 3 is probably the slowest gap closer in the game), combined with that lack of good damage application.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Engineer

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Not really, putting aside a game where you don’t need to aim, has virtually no resource management, is not mechanically demanding, etc nothing is hard to learn, engi is a middling class, and scrapper is one of the easiest to learn.

It has other weaknesses, for example its damage application is poor, when you are fighting on a point in PvP that doesn’t matter, but when you are out in the open in WvW it makes a big difference, it has no decent ranged kit for damage (they are weak to useless at range – e.g – you can literally walk out of mortar at long range), so scrapper is really easy to kite in WvW on certain classes/builds, it also lacks chasing ability with rather crappy mobility (hammer 3 is probably the slowest gap closer in the game), combined with that lack of good damage application.

With all that access to super speed?
Elixir gun is amazing, combine with near perma quickness.
All these elite needs urgent nerf.

in Engineer

zinkz.7045

Not really, putting aside a game where you don’t need to aim, has virtually no resource management, is not mechanically demanding, etc nothing is hard to learn, engi is a middling class, and scrapper is one of the easiest to learn.

With all that access to super speed?
Elixir gun is amazing, combine with near perma quickness.
All these elite needs urgent nerf.

Elixir gun is a good utility weapon, that does kittenty damage outside of skill 4 which is melee and requires the person hit with it to be so bad they stand it in or to be CC’d (which is why every engy took slick shoes because that was the only thing that allowed scrapper good damage application against non-scrubs), sustain is not the weakness of scrapper in WvW, damage application is, elixir gun does not solve that.

As for super speed, again it is somewhat mediocre in WvW for roaming, no one takes slick shoes since they were nerfed into the ground, so superspeed largely comes from the GM trait that gives superspeed on gyro detonation/death (which also means you can’t have the quickness trait). And whilst if you are fighting on a point in PvP that is fine, in WvW when you actually need extended periods of superspeed like chasing someone down or running from multiple opponents it is largely useless because gyros don’t keep up, so you basically have to stop moving to explode the gyro to get the superspeed.

On a very static fight or where the opponent is the aggressor (and melee/short range) the gyro superspeed is decent, but otherwise…

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

You need to manage your positioning,your energy, your healing, your combo fields, your boons, your condi cleanse; there is a lot you need to take into mind when playing a scrapper.

Just because an FPS has autoaim doesn’t automatically remove all aspects of skill. It just means you have to focus more on positioning, moving around objects and corners, throwing grenades in anticipation.

Dexterity does not equal skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: hastayonaralavista.7062

hastayonaralavista.7062

Get good so you won’t have to QQ you n00b