Scrapptic Discharge

Scrapptic Discharge

in Engineer

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBNehtdB2UBEqiFSjiupr6u+r0OtWbMAaunD-TJRBABxXGAgLAwDPAgm2fAA

Here’s how the build works:

Stealth, stick near this dumb little crapper because he was made with a few screws missing and needs help to catch up to you.

Close the distance between you and your target. They will know you are coming, but as long as they don’t know at what point exactly you start the beatdown, it makes no difference. If they can’t see the animation, they are dead.

Open with Thunderclap —-> F2 – F4 —--> Rocket Charge.

This combo gets them fully stacked on vuln, and very hard to live through. If they are a squishier class, they will die if they can’t hit an invuln in time. If they are a heavier class, they will be on the brink of death, if not dead. If they are still standing, try to make use of either your ram, whirl or block to finish them.

I find it hilarious how the most effective build I found that involves using the Scrapper traitline is not a tanky build, but basically an assassin. With a giant hammer.

Scrapptic Discharge

in Engineer

Posted by: WhiteGlint.4897

WhiteGlint.4897

The new mechanics plus the hammer skill is pretty beautiful to see in acton. Last night I tried something close of it for few hours in pve/wvw (roaming) and for all the fights I had, only one was really hard… Cele Reaper.

In your build, I would chance only one trait for sPvP, Perfect Weighted for Adaptive Armor. You sir simply don’t have any cond. removal but healing Turret.

Here is my SD roaming build for reference> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBtdhlcB2UBEqilKjietr77WcZCgwb8DigGA-T1RBABXp8DPdAYq+DP7PAwFA4hHAgZKBJFQELjA-w

Scrapptic Discharge

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I must be missing something… Why are you running mass momentum without any stability? I’d replace Rifle turret with Personal battering Ram and take Expert Examination, the 2 sec extra CD on the toolbelt is worth the daze, cripple, vuln and weakness. It also deals more dmg than suprice shot, not to forget that Rilfe turret does les than Personal Battering Ram if you don’t have Inventions or Explosives.

I would also replace Shocking Speed with Recovery Matrix since RM triggers on Healing turret overcharge (10 sec protection on a 15 sec heal is madnes and I love it).

Since you now have 2 gadgets on your bar, you might want to consider Gadgeteer over Adrenal Implant since you already get Vigor from toolbelt skills.

Scrapptic Discharge

in Engineer

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Surprise Shot has no cast time, and with its lower cooldown you can dish out the same amount of DPS.

You can also combine the rifle turret for an extra interrupt / blast finisher (which also triggers a static discharge, meaning rifle turret gives you two of them).

By far the instant cast time, you can cast it while channeling other spells. It is very significant.

Scrapptic Discharge

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Surprise Shot has no cast time, and with its lower cooldown you can dish out the same amount of DPS.

You can also combine the rifle turret for an extra interrupt / blast finisher (which also triggers a static discharge, meaning rifle turret gives you two of them).

By far the instant cast time, you can cast it while channeling other spells. It is very significant.

Generally this is true, but the build we talk about don’t go explosives so the interupt won’t be there. With Expert Examination triggering of Launch Personal Battering Ram I think its benefits outweight Suprice Shot in this specific build. You get a launch on short cooldown in the utility slot and a daze + weakness + 5x vulnerability + cripple + superiour dmg on the toolbelt. With the CC found on Hammer ( #5 followed by #3) you get all the time you need to chain up both the launch and the daze.

Also, the shorter cooldown on Suprice Shot does not outweight the extra dmg on Launch Personal Batterig Ram. Tested them side by side on the same enemy. LPBR critted for 3819 while Suprice shot critted for 2497.

(edited by Are.1326)

Scrapptic Discharge

in Engineer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Generally this is true, but the build we talk about don’t go explosives so the interupt won’t be there. With Expert Examination triggering of Launch Personal Battering Ram I think its benefits outweight Suprice Shot in this specific build. You get a launch on short cooldown in the utility slot and a daze + weakness + 5x vulnerability + cripple + superiour dmg on the toolbelt. With the CC found on Hammer ( #5 followed by #3) you get all the time you need to chain up both the launch and the daze.

Also, the shorter cooldown on Suprice Shot does not outweight the extra dmg on Launch Personal Batterig Ram. Tested them side by side on the same enemy. LPBR critted for 3819 while Suprice shot critted for 2497.

Rifle Turret can also be used as a extra blast finisher + knock back with Healing Turret. The damage from the detonation isn’t something to be sneezed at. Also, Surprise Shot is much faster than the Battering Ram.

The REAL issue is that many toolbelt skills don’t properly work with Static Discharge. Fix the targeting issues and you could use a Gyro or 2 in your build which would get you some sustain.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Scrapptic Discharge

in Engineer

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Aye I didn’t take into consideration Expert Examination and all that, good point. I did want to use battering ram for a while now anyway.

And holy crap, 7 seconds of protection… How did I miss this

Scrapptic Discharge

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I must be missing something… Why are you running mass momentum without any stability? I’d replace Rifle turret with Personal battering Ram and take Expert Examination, the 2 sec extra CD on the toolbelt is worth the daze, cripple, vuln and weakness. It also deals more dmg than suprice shot, not to forget that Rilfe turret does les than Personal Battering Ram if you don’t have Inventions or Explosives.

I would also replace Shocking Speed with Recovery Matrix since RM triggers on Healing turret overcharge (10 sec protection on a 15 sec heal is madnes and I love it).

Since you now have 2 gadgets on your bar, you might want to consider Gadgeteer over Adrenal Implant since you already get Vigor from toolbelt skills.

I hope that is intentional, but I know I hope in vain