Shaped Charge damage is incorrect?

in Engineer

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Currently an Explosives Master tier trait, the damage increase provided by this trait is only 5%. It’s the same damage increase as another adept trait in the same line “Glass Cannon”.
Also, compared to Revenant’s Devastation line’s Master minor trait “Targeted Destruction” which is literaly the exact same trait (X% damage modifier on foes with vuln, except TD is 7% instead of 5%) it’s also weaker while having to take up a major trait slot.
I believe when they did the trait rework they mentioned equalizing damage modifiers to 7% 10% and 13% depending on the tier if I’m not mistaken?
Someone please look into this, that is all!

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Shaped Charge damage increase is the weakest among all similar major traits in the game. Targeted Destruction is master minor and logically it should be weaker than a full major.

Take a look at this warrior’s overpowered major trait:
Forceful Greatsword
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forceful_Greatsword

Gain might on a critical hit with a greatsword or spear. Greatsword and spear skills deal more damage and recharge faster.

Damage Damage Increase: 10%
Increased outgoing damage; stacks intensity. Might (5s): +30 Power, +30 Condition Damage
Recharge Recharge Reduced: 20%

Elementalist’s Pyromancer’s Training
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pyromancer%27s_Training
Deal more damage while attuned to fire. Reduces recharge on all fire weapon skills.

Damage Damage Increase: 10%
Recharge Recharge Reduced: 33%

Suggested change to shaped charge:
Give more utility to shaped charge or simply replace the trait with something more useful. Example of added utility:
- vulnerability lasts 50% longer
- reduce cooldown of grenade kit skills by 20%

This would make the trait to a reasonable level. Not overpowered like Forceful Greatsword is (it is a bit too good even for GM).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)