Share observations on the Feb. patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Killer Rhino.6794

Killer Rhino.6794

Once people actually log on to download the patch and play around with the changes to engineer, I’m interested to hear what people’s actual impressions are.

What has worked for you? How have you adjusted? How would you rate it?

Thanks!

Creator of GW2Kit

(edited by Killer Rhino.6794)

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I just tried elixier gun in heart of the mists.
First without any healing stats, then with 30 points into inventions and clerics amulet.

Without healing stats:
Initial Heal: 700
Heal on tick: 204

With healing stats:
Initial Heal: 1189
Heal on tick: 326

It´s a nice change for support engis, really.

What´s bothering me is that there´s now the internal cooldown AND ne normal cooldown on kit refinement.
I could work aroudn the patched internal cooldown but…. internal cooldown and normal cooldown is silly.
Personally, I dont even think, taht it´s intended that way.

Deployable turrets is deinitely working.
And healign turret nwo activates its own waterfield if you destroy it directly after casting it…. dont know if it did that before the patch.

I think it will take some time untill I adjusted my playstyle to the changes but I dont think they´re all bad….
I´ll only have to make a 10 seconds timer, so that I dont accidently use kit refinement, when I only want to use it the next swap.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Yeah, it did. It takes a little timing to get right, but it’s always been able to, as far as I know.

Edit: The healing timer, I mean.

Also, if you jump, it shouldn’t trigger Refinement. Guess that’s one possible bug we can use in our favor.

in Engineer

Posted by: Killer Rhino.6794

Killer Rhino.6794

I’ve noticed that the Flame Blast moves a little faster than it used to. Anyone else experience this?

Creator of GW2Kit

in Engineer

Cero.5132

Âh and I just figured, that toolkit doesnt count in to the new 10 second inner cooldown thing.
I can still use toolkit with its kit refinement and immediately switch to grenade kit and the kit refinement still goes off.
Only Grenade kit, elixier gun and FT seem to trigger the internal cooldown.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

In the Deployable Turrets Still Broken thread, the devs commented to say that Deployable Turrets is actually fixed, it’s just that some changes didn’t make it into the patch notes for some reason. The Flame Blast velocity change might be one.

in Engineer

Cero.5132

And either I´m dreaming or net shot, Elixier F and Flame Blast now really are faster. Need more testing.
But Grenades are… as I see it, still slow as ever…. or does anyone disagree? o.o

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

I’ve noticed that: I can now actually repair a turret back to full health in a few seconds, and I can throw my turrets properly.

They’re still wimpy as hell, though.