Shield needs some love

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

I think someone along the way forgot about the shield as an offhand weapon for the Engineer. So now it’s uselessly stuck in the past. With a 40 second CD (on a weapon skill!!) and limited utility it just does not compare to anything anymore in what it does and is outdated.

Show the shield some love.

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Everyone knows, everyone feels the same, we all hope it’s gonna happen soon(

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Posted by: Tiilimon.6094

Tiilimon.6094

It’s not stuck in the past, it has a blast finisher and Over Shield is nice during hard hitting boss attacks for the whole crew Static shields block when you know you’re about to take a hit is a lifesaver as well, and sometimes you actually get to reflect stuff with MS xD

Perhaps a 5sec reduction for both, but even that would make them quite a lot stronger than they are atm.
I just wish Over Shield stays the way it is even if the CDs get reduced, -1/3 from a 20k hit is quite a lot of dmg mitigation and has saved more kitten s than I can count

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

@Tiilimon.6094:
That’s not nearly gonna do it imo. Hammer is still way better. It does need more than just cdr, it needs a rework.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Tiilimon.6094

Hammer requires scrapper tho, and doesn’t provide the same level of group wide protection.

What sort of a rework do you have in mind? Because the shield works really well for the build I’m running, which is all about group support and dmg mitigation, which imo is what the shield should be used for

for me it seems like you guys want things changed but don’t even know what you actually want?

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

For example, a rework that isn’t giving a few seconds protection on two super long CDs that both block or reflect damage on their own in the first place, making the protection redundant/wasted. That’s my main issue. It’s like when adrenal implant didn’t stack with vigor, which was granted by a tools minor trait. Skills/traits that trip over themselves are bad design. Look at meaner shield. Same the 5 skill is basically ours, but affecting a large aoe, stun instead of daze, and interesting active mechanics that allow a recharge reduction as baseline with smart playing. How can you look at that and say our shield is still hitting par for the course?

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Tiilimon.6094

Imo the protection is there for the times when you can’t utilize the reflection/block because you need to actually do something else than stand around tanking the hits, and it spreads to your allies as well.

For example, there’s a downed guy getting stomped who you should save, so you pop MS twice to knock the bad guy away, reduce the incoming dmg from aoes/condis to your buddy by 33% and can save him because you interrupted the stomp and kept the dmg low enough for your rez speed to surpass it.

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

I would like to see more team valuable support.

Shield 4 for example could be a dome that reflects, last 1s longer and REMOVE the damage from the 2nd activation so you can use it for stealth without getting revealed immediately…

Shield 5 would be amazing to have a pulsing daze field around you, however just a small one, like 180ΓΈ. You still block with your shield and daze everyone that attacks you. On 2nd activation you should pull everyone towards you, you have dazed.

Shield needs some love

in Engineer

Tiilimon.6094

Xyonon nails it

I haven’t even thought about adding a pull mechanic to the boomerang shield, it would become very useful when doing group buffs with Big Ol Bomb so you could pull back what you knocked back and would save us from drowning in warrior tears.