Shore/underwater skills change

in Engineer

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Q:

Hi I started to paly engi and noticed something wierd.
Let say that I have my utility skills set as: FT,Grenades and Elixir C.
For underwater I got Grenades, Elixir C and PB Ram.
Everytime I go to water and out, my utility skills, grenades and elixir C, change place to be the same underwater.
But not in water I want game to remember exact order, because of keybinds and because what I am preferably using.
Is it normal or is it bug?

Thanks

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I think it’s normal; it just treats that particular type of thing in a way that can be disconcerting, where it’ll move a skill from slot 7 to 8 on land if you put said skill in slot 8 underwater. Been like that since release.

in Engineer

Posted by: Malvado.1460

Malvado.1460

I have the same problem… Its not a bug.. but it could be improved..when ever i change something out of water, when i go under the skills are all changed and sometimes this fairly kills me because i have keys bounded to kits such as T or R

in Engineer

Hule.8794

Well it is not normal, my thief,ele or mesmer is not doing that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

lets say for argument’s sake, you have the following utilities: tool kit, elixir s, and elixir gun on land. in water u take elixir b, grenades, and toolkit. so you have to go in the water all the sudden, and when u are on your way out of the water, you use elixir b. when u get on land again your toolkit would have a 30-40 sec cooldown. this is why the game moves your skills around, to prevent your kits(if u have same kits on land as water) from having cooldowns

in Engineer

Hule.8794

So if I dont want to have my utility skill moved, i just need to not be on cooldown and dont have equiped any kit?
Why mesmers skills on cooldown dont do this? If I have that stealth clone on utility 1 and utility 2 in water, it remembers where it is,and just move CD to correct skill.
Only engi have problems with this, at least what I know.
I will definitelly try this evening on mesmers,war,thief and ele.

in Engineer

Hule.8794

Thief, ele, war – skills are on right place,even skills on CD
Mesmer,engi – skills are moving on the utility bar by some unidentify rule,everytime i go to water and off,skill is still on CD, place is changed, its random placement

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

The rule I’ve noticed seems to be “If you have the same skill on your underwater and above-water skillbars, it will move to the same place.”

Example: Let’s say you have Elixir C on your skillbar both in and out of water. If you have Elixir C on 7 above-water, it will be on 7 underwater, and swap places with any skill that would otherwise have been on 7. If you move it to 8 underwater, it will move to 8 above-water, and swap places with any skill that would otherwise have been on 8.

Whether it works like this on other classes, I have no idea.

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I always thought that your underwater and land skillbars were completely independent of each other. Never noticed a swapping of skills. Go underwater, set your bar just like you would on land. Next time you dive in your bar will be the same as it was when u set it underwater.

They’re 2 completely independent bars.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)