Shortbow Ranger or P/P Engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

Trying to decide b/t Ranger or Engineer. Both classes seem to be atop the forum QQing so I will just ignore that. For ease of leveling and the best condition damage which class is better? Also once I hit 80 if I need some gold for maybe PLing an alt via crafting who will farm better? Finally which performs better in groups for both PvE and WvW?

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

"For ease of leveling and the best condition damage which class is better?"
Any class have good lvling with crafting.
Anyway: Warrior, Guard, Elem, Engineer

"Also once I hit 80 if I need some gold for maybe PLing an alt via crafting who will farm better?"
Direct damage class at the Orr events: Elem, Warrior, Engineer (with flamethrower)

"Finally which performs better in groups for both PvE and WvW?"
Warrior, Guard, Elem.

Forget about ranger - most unneeded class in the group play.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

What is Engineer’s role in a group?

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Make culling for enemies, recieve part of AOE damage from Warriors and Guards, tell fun stories,

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Damage and CC. Engineer’s up there one rung beneath warrior in damage, but flipping houses with regards to CC. Chills, cripples, pulls, blowouts, knockbacks, immobilizes, engineer can bring them in droves. At the very worst, you can equip power tool and wail on something with a wrench to permacripple it. At best, you can keep things immobilized 25% of the time, and chilled the rest of the time (both of which are unaffected by Defiant, so enjoy that).

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Shortbow Ranger is insanely boring to play.

In terms of farming I haven’t found a better than a Coated Bullets pistol-wielder for tagging mobs for events.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

With axe/axe and longbow a ranger can tag mobs like a fiend in DE’s. He’s not really much of a condition damage class though. Most of his conditions come as mere side effects that are nice extras, but hard to build around.

I sort of like my condition flamethrower build. Getting decent amounts of bleed and vulnerability in an aoe without acquiring carpal tunnel from spamming grenades. However, the build is falling apart without “knights” versions of ascended gear. (runes of undead, energized armor, tuning crystals turn all that toughness into more power/condition damage) The lack of precision means I’m losing all my crit %. sad panda