Shredder Gyro? THUMPER GYRO!

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Hey everyone!

Today I was thinking about Shredder Gyro again and how it may be useful. But once again, I couldn’t figure out how this … thing … would be useful in any situtaion. Since it’s a pet it has it’s own stats so it won’t even be good for fire field burn stackings … The main problem is the whirl finisher tough.

So … as you might have guessed by reading the title, I suggest a simple change to this gyro so it will turn from scrappy-shreddy to super-thumper! Wow that word pun :’D

Shredder Gyro renamed to Thumper Gyro: A gyro that can be positioned like the current Shredder Gyro, still deals basicly 0 dmg, but it will now thump every 3 sec over 12 sec (5 times) wich each are a BLAST FINISHER!

With this change you could actually use this gyro for heal, might, stealth and countless other options. It may even make the engi a decent healer? Who knows! I’m completly in love with this idea, so much in love with it that I even really believe that ANet may change it that way. xD But seriously ANet, you do have to realize how useless this gyro atm is, the probably worst utility in gw2 history… ANet – please!

Let me know your toughts about it. Is it still too weak, would it be op? Remember it has an interval of 3 sec for each thump so it wouldn’t be that bursty (heal for ex), yet it would be great for long fights in both pve and pvp!

Greez!
- Ziggy

PS: “Awesome” Paint skills for some fun! xP

Attachments:

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I personally really like the suggestion. However from the other side idd like to see a generap buff to whirp finishers. I think they should rather make whirl finishers more usefup in general. After that add some shredder positioning.

Thanks for the laugh with the picture

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I personally really like the suggestion. However from the other side idd like to see a generap buff to whirp finishers. I think they should rather make whirl finishers more usefup in general. After that add some shredder positioning.

Thanks for the laugh with the picture

I think another way. Whirl finishers would be fine, if all skills using whirl finishers would have many of them at ones. Look at reaper soul spiral as an example. There are 12 whirl finishers in 3 seconds, so 4 each second. That are twice the whirl finishers per second of a shredder gyro and there is the problem for me. Shredder Gyro should have a much larger frequence in producing whirl finishers. Like 5 or 6 each second. That way the skill would get much more benefit. Just make it a smaller version of old tom!

About the suggestion: Even if I personally would keep up the design of Shredder Gyro, the suggestion is great! It would make the gyro much more useful. And the trait soothing detonations would benefit from this change, too.

At the end: we all agree something has to happen about Shredder Gyro. ^^

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Thanks for the input you two!

Yes I agree, it would be “better” for the original design if the gyro would simply have better whirls. But right now the problem about whirls is their aimless design and the 2nd problem is the gyro itself wich does not inherit our condition damage / duration. If whirl finishers won’t get redesigned, they will never be useful, regardless of how many of them per second you activate.

I personally prefer my version for the sake of usefulness in real combat tough.

Greez!
- Ziggy

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kernell.3197

Kernell.3197

Shredder gyro is good for sustain not for damage. Whirl finnisher With water or light field is just awesome !

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

5 blast finishers off a single skill? Sounds broken as heck to me.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Shredder gyro is good for sustain not for damage. Whirl finnisher With water or light field is just awesome !

Can’t disagree more. What does it offer? Water field are RANDOM bolts who heal a tiny bit, only single target. Light fields are RANDOM condi cleanses, also single target. Basicly – those two options are a worse elixier gun, am I right?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Can’t disagree more. What does it offer? Water field are RANDOM bolts who heal a tiny bit, only single target. Light fields are RANDOM condi cleanses, also single target. Basicly – those two options are a worse elixier gun, am I right?

And it is only a small radius

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I vote no. Simply because we already have a lot of ways to blast fields.

The following would be unlikely due to it’s obvious weaknesses but that would mean you could potentially take Bomb Kit, Rocket Boots, Thumper Gyro and Mortar Kit and have 4 blast finishers, 5 if you count the one from Healing Turret itself. If you timed it properly, you could probably manage to get at least 3 blasts out of Healing Turret. That would… Be just a bit much.

Again unlikely, but it seems over the top to have access to that many blast finishers. I do like the idea though.

I think something maybe more like “Machine Gyro” would be nice. It has the same animation but instead it fires projectiles in all directions. Think Rifle Turret but spinning in place with a higher rate of fire.

Cut the duration down, increase the damage a lot and it’d be a nice option for AOE pressure/projectile finishers.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Manage your blast finishers into right fields, in right time is not easy!!!! And I…… very like your idea!!! Only 1 reason why is my engi main over 2 years is his complex play.

I post here some idea about shredd gyro too. Using combo finisher via gyro is great idea, but I always found better option then shredd gyro-well, if you give me thumper gyro… I see heal gyro(f1 water field) mortar kit, bomb kit… great idea I vote yes!! Start thinking about tool belt skill not OP but somethink usable in pve+pvp

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

I think something maybe more like “Machine Gyro” would be nice. It has the same animation but instead it fires projectiles in all directions. Think Rifle Turret but spinning in place with a higher rate of fire.

Cut the duration down, increase the damage a lot and it’d be a nice option for AOE pressure/projectile finishers.

I agree with that one aswell – but the main issue is the same as the blast gyro has – it’s own stats. Damaging gyros MUST inherit the stats of the engineer. ANet stated pets have their own stats, phantasms are an exception. But in my opinion ANet has to draw a line between actual pet and “fancy animation for a damaging skill”. The gyros are the 2nd one and to work they have to use the stats of the scrapper. Blast gyro needs damage and crit chance, shredder / machine gyro needs the same + condi dmg and duration for finishers.

This – is the main issue with gyros and need to be adressed.

Start thinking about tool belt skill not OP but somethink usable in pve+pvp

You mean the shredder gyros TB? I think it’s too weak actually. I like the idea of a daze and damage, but right now it’s like a bomb aa with daze. It just requires a tiny buff like being instant cast OR a stunbreaker OR more damage OR multiple dazes – anything like this.

Greez!
- Ziggy

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Engineer

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I agree it needs some work. Possibly increase the damage from it or tack on some bleeding when it hits, and/or have the combo interval proc every ¼s instead of every ½s.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Yup, but in order to work as a damaging skill, gyros must inherit engi stats. Period.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Making the gyro do more finishers per second and giving it some decent damage is a much more reasonable change then changing the finisher altogether to blasts. Engi already has a ton of those.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

You know the problem about that, don’t you?

in Engineer

Stand The Wall.6987

Sure I know what you think, but I dont agree. The blast gyro doesnt need to crit, because that crit would be way over the top. The base damage is fine. I think the base damage of the shredder gyro could be increased.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

And then not crit aswell? No. They both have to have their damage adjusted I agree (lower Blastys base damage), but you should take a look at the damage of them compared to other skills solo and in a group.
The problem with having their own stats isn’t only that they almost never crit, it’s also that they are not affected by any buffs at all.

If you have 0 stacks might, a skill like Grenade Auto will crit for about 3k. You then cast Blasty and he deals a 3k uncrit. Well that’s ok you think and go raids with it.
You then have 25 stacks might and all buffs, Nade Auto crits for 8k. Cool you think, you activate Blasty AND . . . still 3k.

in Engineer

Stand The Wall.6987

So are you looking at this from only a PvE perspective? If not, tell me a scenario where giving gyros their own stats in PvP works and I’ll shut up. With your suggestions, having medic + purge gyro follow you around with 20k hp and 2.5k armor seems a little ridiculous. Plus you want might to be shared with blaster gyro who can now also crit, add the engis crit damage, and how big a hit do you think it will be? 10k? 15? That seems ok to you? Engi still has one of the biggest bursts, regardless of how much the build is used. Last thing, your reasoning for buffing blast gyro using your nades aa as an example makes no sense. “Buff gyro cuz it doesnt hit as much as nades”. What?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Why not just buff Whirl Finishers to pulse an area?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

What do you mean? :o

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’m confused on this as well. It procs whirl finishers within a 180 radius of itself every ½s. Or do you mean let it follow the player around while doing its thing like other gyros?

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.