Sigil of Cleansing Cleanses An Engi Weakness

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Or at least reduces our susceptibility to condis. Now we can run our damage builds and have condi cleansing come a little easier. So glad it’s on swap! Will anyone else use this?

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

The problem is we have a lot of conditions ourselves, and it cleanses those for every other profession.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

We reapply conditions really fast. Less worried about that than getting my new bestie sigil!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

generosity still seems better…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Yeah, if you are Warren Buffet.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

50-60g is not the realm of the uber rich
run a few dungeons youll have it in no time

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

FYI that sigil have 9s icd

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Which is rather obvious, but it doesn’t require you to hit anything, so it’s actually rly rly useful for engi

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

yea its quite good:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Aomine.5012

yea its quite good:-)

The best example of the advantage for on swap sigil is that, when a necro tries to fear CC chain you to death, you can actually just swap your weapon instantly to cancel the fear. It can be used as a free immob/ fear cleanse which normally you wont be able to hit a target during the effect.

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Combination with Generosity or Purity it can be nice solution for our condi problems:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Which is rather obvious, but it doesn’t require you to hit anything, so it’s actually rly rly useful for engi

1 condi clear on swap every 9 secs seems like it’s a worthwhile sigil slot use? Seriously? Do you pvp?

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

1 condi clear on swap every 9 secs seems like it’s a worthwhile sigil slot use? Seriously? Do you pvp?

It is worth while. What difference does it make what every ones opinion of it is. This is simply a thread to discuss it. You post as if anyone here can force you to use it or something.

in Engineer

Aomine.5012

Yeah I know you want a 0 CD god mode sigil for Engi to cleanse everything I get it.

9 ICD is fair enough for it’s usefulness compare to other sigils.
Generosity is not a reliable cleanse since you can’t decide when you want to cleanse, triggers without your consent, cannot remove fear, and is useless when you’re CCed.
This on swap cleanse can activates anytime you want, and can activate even when you’re CCed, so it’s a way more reliable cleanse.

Btw I do pvp, go check me up on tpvp leaderboard.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

please add this for spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

it’s right for engi. Using it on my hybrid cele build.

I still got kitten d by condi mesmer though..qq

MY hardest counter of all time is any mesmer (except when i was running condis myself)

I would like 5s cd more and it still would not be OP, but it will not happen..

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

5s more would make it op against any non-dedicated condi class.
it would hard counter dedicated condi builds and make them even worse than already.
That doesn’t need to happen.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

5s more would make it op against any non-dedicated condi class.
it would hard counter dedicated condi builds and make them even worse than already.
That doesn’t need to happen.

try warrior with that elite trait but with only 1 sigil on every weapon set. Normal condi spamw builds refresh their condis on enemy every 5-10s. It’s not like you making 20stacks of bleed for 30 seconds and u win.

Ele would be a bit OP problem that’s true, warrior not, guardian yes, engi not, thief yes, mesm nope, necro nope, ranger nope. And i’m talking only about max condi cleanse builds if u add that sigils to them, it won’t be op if u will run warri with that sigil, dodged march and -condi dur food only.

The sigil alone won’t hardcounter the condi builds at all, it’s a laugh.

maybe make it 7s will be better without abusing possibility, but even 5s won’t it that OP.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

maybe make it 7s will be better without abusing possibility, but even 5s won’t it that OP.

Don’t mess with cooldowns of on swap sigils, Engineers will for sure be getting 12 clears a minute if a sigil like that cleanses every 5 seconds. Guaranteed.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

I can definitely think of some good scenarios where it’d be very useful. I’ll not keep it on my main weapon, but probably on a spare shield that I keep handy.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Only in theory, on your charbuilder.
generosity is almost useless, you have no control about the when and what.
Sigil of cleansing however, can be controlled to some degree. Its way more realiable.
Sadly i have no space for it. My build relies on Sigil of battle and perception.

I dont care that much about conditions anyway, melandrus, food, legmods, transmute, super-elixier and medkit help alot. Only people using +40% duration food give a tough fight but those condi builds cant chase, so i just kite and outplay them.

(edited by Kontrolle.3514)

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Only in theory, on your charbuilder.
generosity is almost useless, you have no control about the when and what.
Sigil of cleansing however, can be controlled to some degree. Its way more realiable.
Sadly i have no space for it. My build relies on Sigil of battle and perception.

I dont care that much about conditions anyway, melandrus, food, legmods, transmute, super-elixier and medkit help alot. Only people using +40% duration food give a tough fight but those condi builds cant chase, so i just kite and outplay them.

practically, generosity might as well read like “cleanse a condition every 11 sec. occasionally, win a 1v1 instantly.” lol

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

I like to use this sigil because its easy to use, it allows me to choose between more healing skills while still having some decent condition cleansing. (when i don’t want to use healing turret or elixirs in my utility bar (and Cleansing Formula 409 in my traits)) and this condition cleansing methode does not force you to make your healing skill go on cooldown. Well thats my noob opinion about the Sigil of Cleansing.

I use Sigil of Cleansing in WVW but can’t use it in PVP. =(
Are there any good reasons why certain sigils are not available in PVP?

(edited by santenal.1054)