Sigils and weapon stats effecting kits....

in Engineer

Posted by: Echelon.5384

Echelon.5384

Can we make this happen? Hard to get excited about a new weapon when the build you are using uses mostly kits… Weapons provide a good amount of stats to a character and they feel 50% useless to engies!

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaikhob.2863

Shaikhob.2863

no…. it would be way to op

in Engineer

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

>.> not really are kits op in sPvP where it isnt an issue

in Engineer

Posted by: Echelon.5384

Echelon.5384

It would be OP to give engineers a character building option every other class has?

in Engineer

Posted by: PariahJack.9042

PariahJack.9042

I think Engis should have backpacks that affect the kits. Like youd have backpacks with boni to power or condition dmg and youd be able to put in sigils and/or runes (preferably both ofc) thatd be used on all of your kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Graywolf.6513

Graywolf.6513

It would only seem OP because they give you a damage buff to compensate for the lack of stats when using the kit. In the best case scenario we would lose this buff and then our stats would be ours to choose. Damage wise we seem A-OK but we lose precision, toughness, vitality, healing power, crit damage, sigil effects. Everything but damage.

If i want to run a support build getting the most out of my Super Elixir, that compassion is needed but lost whenever i use my support kit, the 200 toughness from Juggernaut is great, but is actually like +50 toughness because we lost our weapon stats, when i go into med kit to heal up my 2K health i lost in between fights, i lose the 120 vitality my weapon had, and so can never heal myself to full health without going through a length procedure of putting the med kits down, switching weapon, then awkwardly walking over them before anyone else does.

In PvP the only issue is sigils, because stats are not weapon bound.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

It would be OP to give engineers a character building option every other class has?

That argument is a double edge sword. The list of limitations the engineer has, that do not hinder other classes far out weighs any argument that this would in any way be OP

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Charred.6814

Charred.6814

It would be OP only if you think the kits would stay the same but add in the weapon stats. The entire idea here is to have the kits balanced in consideration of weapon stats affecting the kits. It would make itemization more fun and help building up our character with the stats we want while keeping the exact same strength. It would only add customization and make weapons useful instead of 99% useless.

in Engineer

Posted by: Graywolf.6513

Graywolf.6513

To be honest, no stats needed for weapons are a godsend, i got sent some pistols from my Fiancé which for my spec were sub par, but i could just smile and use them in combat because when i actually want to fight, im using a kit! But when she sees me im wielding pistols from my beloved.

Instant relationship saver!

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

To be honest, no stats needed for weapons are a godsend, i got sent some pistols from my Fiancé which for my spec were sub par, but i could just smile and use them in combat because when i actually want to fight, im using a kit! But when she sees me im wielding pistols from my beloved.

Instant relationship saver!

I disagree with that completely. They have useful stats such as crit damage, precision, power, condition damage. Not to mention the the sigils.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

To people saying it would be OP:

Allow weapon stats effect kits and then adjust the kits to compensate. Not that complicated.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

If I recall correctly Anet said during the beta that they were planning to make sigils work with tool kits

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

In sPvP, ‘weapon stats’ affect kits, because all the weapon stats are condensed into the amulet, in PvE the stats are allocated among gear, which includes the weapon, so the reason the weapon isn’t included isn’t balance, otherwise you would be suggesting that engineers need to only benefit from a smaller portion of amulets when equipping a kit (which is silly frankly).

And regarding sigils, Arenanet during the beta weekends confirmed they were in the middle of BALANCING and TESTING sigils. I remember them mentioning that the flamethrower would receive buffs when the sigils are allowed to work on it, so its not a matter of ‘if’, its a matter of ‘when’. It will happen.

Trouble is, we were told it would be at launch and its taking far too long.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara