Slick shoes in PvP

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: MrCameron.4863

MrCameron.4863

Slick shoes is one of the utilities that make rifle engi semi decent in pvp. Post nerf, the skill is useless with only one knockdown. Why dont we split the skill between pvp and pve so the one knockdown is fair for raids and the multiple knockdown makes it viable in pvp (especially with it being a 40 second cooldown).

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

They are working on more skill splits, but whether Slick Shoes is on that list or not is unknown. Even so, the nerf impacted it in all modes. No Engineer would take Slick Shoes for just the 1 knockdown in raids against a break bar.

They might as well buff Slick Shoes across the board with the 1 hit per target nerf in place like upping the knockdown to 3s and lowering the cooldown to 30s.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: MrCameron.4863

MrCameron.4863

Still would be useless with that change, it needs multiple knockdowns to be viable.

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

What would make sense is that when one of the puddles knocks someone down, it gets consumed. In this way, it would go back to being very effective in raids, while still not being OP in pvp.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

What would make sense is that when one of the puddles knocks someone down, it gets consumed. In this way, it would go back to being very effective in raids, while still not being OP in pvp.

+1 to this. Slick Shoes creates 7 oil slick puddles, so multiple knockdowns can ensue while providing up to 1400 defiance bar damage to break bars.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

There! We found the champion!
They should totally do it like that…

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

We could always do the one thing that i think should have been done from the start, have it work like prenerf but only knock down moving enemies. Meaning a stationary break bar phase wont be affected and in pvp enemies that do not panic can remain stationary and still use countermeasures like blocks and cleaves. Risk reward with potential big impact in spvp/wvw with a clear counter move. A skill that makes everyone think.

To be frank i used to roll rocket boots and slick shoes back in the days rocket boots where affected by super speed. Together the actual gain in mobility was worth it. Both gadgets felt like ace cards you used precisely instead of spamming whenever (oh the joy of flying over the head of that nike war only to reposition behind his back). nowadays they just feels like pale ghosts of their former glory. And this is for the category of skills that where even before the nerfs usually considered to be the second worst after turrets (or the worst if you dont even consider the existence of turrets as anything but this weird blind spot you get when you swap your skills, for which i don’t blame you).

But the priority for diversity (what at least for me is one of the absolutely most important aspect of the game, not only what you play but how you play it) seems to be very, very, very low. This goes for all classes. Smiters booning cannot be afforded with so few options. I remember the reasoning that since there where so few skills to balance compared to the original there would be no false options. That’s of course not realistic but they could at least strive for it.

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Slick Shoes should be ignitable with Blow Torch! that would rock.

I’m an idiot….meant Glue Shot…….dooh!

(edited by Joxer.6024)

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Make it a chain skill.
The first part works like now, except that the puddles knock down only moving enemies.
Pressing the skill again ignites the oil; after a short amount of time (in which the puddles aren’t slippery anymore, so that by reacting well an enemy can escape unharmed) the oil puddles burst into fiery flames that persist for a few seconds, damaging the enemies nearby.

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Make it a chain skill.
The first part works like now, except that the puddles knock down only moving enemies.
Pressing the skill again ignites the oil; after a short amount of time (in which the puddles aren’t slippery anymore, so that by reacting well an enemy can escape unharmed) the oil puddles burst into fiery flames that persist for a few seconds, damaging the enemies nearby.

+1

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Slick shoes in PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: ninja.3407

ninja.3407

If i remember correctly slick shoes use to have multiple knock downs in pvp and pve. However anet nerfed it and now it only has one knock down. I agree that it needs a buff but not so OP as before. I sub it for blast gyro now, It has a nice CD and lighting field for a combo streak.