Small buff for Fumigate

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Remove a boon from foes with every strike.
Fumigate

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

that would be too strong on such a low cooldown

it alrdy cleans 5 condis on 5 allys (potentially yea), has low cd, is nice to proc on hit/crit stuff, its on eg, wich overall is an awesome kit to begin with

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

First I’d like Elixir F to not have balls projectile speed and cast time!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

It should remove condis from the engi as well.

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Small buff? That’s not small buff at all. On top of that Elixir Gun is on pretty good place right now, so that would be totally unreasonable.

@Lupanic – you can’t be serious. 5 condis cleansed/12 sec. (+ 1/20sec from Super Elixir, + 1/15sec from Transmute, + 2/15 or 20sec from Healing Turret). That would be crazy.

Changes to Kits are not really needed – especially buffs.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

Small buff? That’s not small buff at all. On top of that Elixir Gun is on pretty good place right now, so that would be totally unreasonable.

@Lupanic – you can’t be serious. 5 condis cleansed/12 sec. (+ 1/20sec from Super Elixir, + 1/15sec from Transmute, + 2/15 or 20sec from Healing Turret). That would be crazy.

12 sec cooldown would be crazy. But you could change it that way that it removes 1 condi at Start and 1 at the end with a cooldown if 20 sec. Engi needs condi removal

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Wyrden.4713

12 sec cooldown would be crazy. But you could change it that way that it removes 1 condi at Start and 1 at the end with a cooldown if 20 sec. Engi needs condi removal

every proffession has and needs some weaknesses, for the sake of balance, and not getting hit , aka avoiding getting hit by conditions works too.

or rely on ur teammates, its not a solo game after all.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

First I’d like Elixir F to not have balls projectile speed and cast time!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Nothing wrong with elixir F. In WvW u can chace people with it if you cast it soon enough, and in PvE or can to nice damage on a single boss. (If boss hit twice I can hit up to 8k with it) I always use this skill before using Acid bomb.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Objectively, Fumigate could use a buff but not in the context of the Engineer profession right now, E-gun has its niche already.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Personally I find Elixir F being a mess in WvW/PvP
the projectile flies in a slow, rather high arcing curve, often resulting in its miss if not being shot point-blank, and each bounce behaves the same, making it almost impossible to cleave on range with it.

Uping the projectile velocity and flattening the arc of its curve would be totally sufficient to make elixir F more viable, since the dmg and applied soft-cc / swiftness are totally fine as is.
Currently I rarely if ever bother to even pay the half second of pre-cast animation for that skill and ignore it completely whenever I play EG.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

They should make elixir gun like mesmer scepter. Slap some torment on the autoattack.

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

every proffession has and needs some weaknesses, for the sake of balance, and not getting hit , aka avoiding getting hit by conditions works too.

Every profession? Looking at warrior, ele, guard and even ranger. Next to Mesmer engi can’t have condi removal Mike other classes. Even with elixir c and the traut you are far behind

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Wyrden.4713

Every profession? Looking at warrior, ele, guard and even ranger. Next to Mesmer engi can’t have condi removal Mike other classes. Even with elixir c and the traut you are far behind

ele is rly heavily boon reliant, mesmers or necros got it easy against em, ranger? if condi i do have to agree they r sturdy, but their dmg is low if ur enemy knows what to dodge, power rangers die in a single hit anyway, warrior wich spec?, guard if medi, they r good in 1v1 ya, but terribad in teamfights, bunker guards r like any other bunker, it takes time to kill em, but u get em, they dont do any dmg to u in return tho.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

I can not hear the argument that every class need some weaknesses.

Look at the meta builds. Warrior has 43 condi removals per minute without using sigils on shoutwarrior. This build is absoult playable

Ele has without any change to have a good condition removal 19 per minute. If you go for contional removal you can go up to 45 per minute and still 25 stacks of might and all other stuff.

Condition ranger has 19 + dodge removes poison and blindness (so lets say 25). If you take 3 survival skills you can have 30 condition removals.

All builds are absolut meta builds

Look at the engi. The engi has 10 per minute. (healing turret has a cooldown 15 – 20 and if you place and pick it up it takes too long to have it more than 4 times per minute).

Even if you try to create a condition removal build with only elixirs and you have 26 condition removals per minute. And this build with 5 elixirs is not playable not even in hotjoin.

So I guess a buff to EG would be more than fair.

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Black para goner.7612

Black para goner.7612

To strong, they need to fix elixir F, and maybe make it so elixir F, also maybe a grandmaster trait for elixir gun, then maybe better effects to their abilities.

Nova Bushido Top Charr Engineer, AG IRQ.
Predator | Quip | Flameseeker | Juggernaut

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Wyrden.4713

Look at the meta builds. Warrior has 43 condi removals per minute without using sigils on shoutwarrior. This build is absoult playable

Ele has without any change to have a good condition removal 19 per minute. If you go for contional removal you can go up to 45 per minute and still 25 stacks of might and all other stuff.

Condition ranger has 19 + dodge removes poison and blindness (so lets say 25). If you take 3 survival skills you can have 30 condition removals.

Look at the engi. The engi has 10 per minute. (healing turret has a cooldown 15 – 20 and if you place and pick it up it takes too long to have it more than 4 times per minute).

Even if you try to create a condition removal build with only elixirs and you have 26 condition removals per minute. And this build with 5 elixirs is not playable not even in hotjoin.

what if i tell u, that its not all about condition removal? u r like, focusing on the condition removal of proffessions only.

and mesmer has no condi removal at all w its meta build! suprise !

either way. if u want to have more condi removal, u need to make sacrifices, hope anet nerfs the cele amlet, or u have to adapt. , u r not the center of the world

(i play engi and mesma mainly(i play everything, but those 2 the last few weeks mainly), so its not a hate against engis of another proffession)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

They should replace Elixir F to Lob Solvent
(it’s 2nd skill from Southsun Cove Weapon Crate)

(edited by guildabd.6529)

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Lert.6287

May I take a look at these builds? Tried to count that myself with totally reasonable builds. Cause for me it seems that these builds are like “Yes, i will cure all your conditions, but no, I will not kill you”.

As well average engineer’s build has potentially 15 condi removals per minute (wrote that above). Seems you lowered that result and increased result for other proffessions on purpose.

As well, if conditions are biggest engi’s problem, why not adding either sigil of generosity or cleansing to build? (additional [over] 6 conditions cleansed per minute)

Edit: People seem to forget that kits are all about using often very different skills on short cooldowns, most of which aren’t crazyly strong. As for Elixir F – it deals decent damage, cripples and bounces on top of that – either giving you boon or hitting 3 times. It isn’t that bad as for one skill out of many, is it?

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

(edited by Lert.6287)

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

If anything on the Elixer gun needs a buff its the 2 should be a fast dart projectile not a glob of molasses that travels at the speed of moss

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

They should make elixir gun like mesmer scepter. Slap some torment on the autoattack.

I have sigil of torment on mine and that works great with EG and my condition build

That one person.

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Problem of Fumigate is it dont clean condis from you. Like no other classes have simillar self punishing barriers like engi (Overcharged Shot and so on).

Really cool change can be if Fumigate will work as eles Cleansing Wave (I hope its right skill name:-P) where you can be also affected by that spray when you runing forward while casting skill.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Lert.6287

Problem of Fumigate is it dont clean condis from you. Like no other classes have simillar self punishing barriers like engi (Overcharged Shot and so on).

Really cool change can be if Fumigate will work as eles Cleansing Wave (I hope its right skill name:-P) where you can be also affected by that spray when you runing forward while casting skill.

How about Save yourselves or Corrupt Boon, Epidemic, any Quickness (beside mesmer’s elite) skills?

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Wyrden.4713

guardian torch 5 doesnt clean condis from himself either .. :o

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Wyrden.4713

How about Save yourselves or Corrupt Boon, Epidemic, any Quickness (beside mesmer’s elite) skills?

comparing 1by1 skills is like.. well.. that doesnt work at all. u gotta see professions as a whole.

i tell ya smth: toss elixir s! , elixir s!, gear block! static shield! chain all those and the enemy cant even properly hit u for 12-15s !

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Lert.6287

comparing 1by1 skills is like.. well.. that doesnt work at all. u gotta see professions as a whole.

i tell ya smth: toss elixir s! , elixir s!, gear block! static shield! chain all those and the enemy cant even properly hit u for 12-15s !

Read carefully what people write. Rozbuska said there’s no self punishing skills on other proffessions than engi and I pointed out there, in fact, are.

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Read carefully what people write. Rozbuska said there’s no self punishing skills on other proffessions than engi and I pointed out there, in fact, are.

It was exaggeration ofc:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Wyrden.4713

ops sorry

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

“small buff” “Full boon strip on a 12 second CD”.

Pick one.

It’d be OP as fuq, but fun for sure!

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

would be a nice counterplay to all the 25stack might bunkers

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

would be a nice counterplay to all the 25stack might bunkers

Let’s make it a boon steal instead then

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

it’s fine as it is since it comes with 5 other skills

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I would like it to remove 1 condition upfront from the engineer on hit (additional pulses do not help the engineer because that’s ridiculous). That’s what I’d suggest for guardian torch as well.

Though elixir gun is okay already…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

It makes no sense to cleanse conditions since you won’t fumigate yourself. Also the EG already has a nice condi cleanse on 5# (impact) wich works on us aswell. The english skill description is insufficient but yea – it works.

Fumigate is a great skill for allied condi cleanses and with the toolkit – I know I repeat myself – it’s 1 utility slot for 6 skills. Other classes would take an utlity slot for a 15 sec cd allies condi cleanse on its own.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Small buff for Fumigate

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

If anything on the Elixer gun needs a buff its the 2 should be a fast dart projectile not a glob of molasses that travels at the speed of moss

I enjoyed this post way to much.

As for the Elixer Gun and if its under powered, I think its a TEENSY bit in some places (team support mostly), but any sort of buff on it would most likely tip it to the OP side and render rocket boots or slick shoes useless.

1. Shorter cast animation time on 5.
2. Faster travel time on 2.
3. FIX CONES! Kitten ANET.

Those should be healthy changes.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU