Smoke screen from flame turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I dont understand. I overcharge the turret to spawn smoke field, but it only shines for 2 seconds and makes strange noise, and then nothing. Why? I this some kind of bug? The same with thumper turret.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

They need enemies near range to activate

in Engineer

Sublimatio.6981

This is so wrong, I consider it an extreme bug. How am I going to utilize the smoke field if I can’t blast it, because otherwise I would get revealed debuff. Omg. :/

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

It’s purpose is to blind enemies not to blast for stealth. You can still use it for that but why not just use bomb?
Edit: thumper will trigger 2 blasts at once when you detonate after overcharge.

(edited by robertul.3679)

in Engineer

Sublimatio.6981

You dont understand. It doesn’t matter what I want to do – skill description says clearly: click again the skill, and turret will spawn a smoke field. There are no additional requirements. So, this is a bug.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

This is not a bug! Arenanet is just pretty terrible with tooltips! 2 years later and they are still adjusting poorly worded ones and then telling us they are patching the game! Basically if you want the smoke field, make sure there are bad guys nearby!

Hope that helped! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

This is not a bug! Arenanet is just pretty terrible with tooltips! 2 years later and they are still adjusting poorly worded ones and then telling us they are patching the game! Basically if you want the smoke field, make sure there are bad guys nearby!

Hope that helped! Wahoo! Bye frands!

No longer retired Vee Wee?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You dont understand. It doesn’t matter what I want to do – skill description says clearly: click again the skill, and turret will spawn a smoke field. There are no additional requirements. So, this is a bug.

It is not a bug. It is a simply matter of the in game skill facts being inaccurate. This is why every update you read that they updated skill facts.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Then so is thumper overcharge, elixir gun#5(doesn’t mention the 1 condition removal), bomb toolbelt radius indicator etc.
Basically tooltips are broken mostly.And turrets are broken in general. Only thing they didn’t add is ‘only works if enemies are within range’.