Snap ground target to current target

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Engineer has many skill that are ground target. How do you handle them in SPVP ? do you target moving mouse or do you enable “Snap ground target to current target” ?
WIth mouse targeting it is more easy to target a moving enemy but it is also easy to land the skill in the wrong place … on the other hand, when you enable snap ground to current target you have to detarget to use toss elixir S or other target skills on you .
How do you do ? I tried different setup but nobody liked to me

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

I dont pvp but dont use that option in wvw (it seems more cumbersome then usefull to me). What would be handy for several reasons is if anet gave us an untarget function we could keybind. (you can use “esc” but that one makes an annoying interface window pop up if you had nothing targeted already + stops your autorun.

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

I try to always keep my mouse position between center and top of the screen, it became a reflex. When I hold right mouse button and cast a ground targeted spell, I just play with the camera to select the right spot. It’s the most efficient way I found, and it became fast and natural.

But sometime my mouse is somewhere else, and I lose efficiency, so I would love an option to simulate a mouse always in this position (between center and top of the screen) for ground targeted spell.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

for targeting options I always leave auto target off, ground target snap to current target off, lock at the edge of range on, and quick cast with ground target in the drop down menu. for all classes in all game modes.

sometimes I turn on auto target in open world pve, but generally only while zerging and not while moving because so many mobility skills are targeted.

snapping to your target is only ever useful at stationary things. players aren’t stationary. you have to predict and lead them.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions