Sneak Gyro broken?

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: ghost.1804

ghost.1804

" Deploy a sneak gyro to provide stealth to nearby allies.

Currently invisible. Ends if you deal damage. Stealth (4s): Invisible to foes.
Duration: 30s
Interval: 3s
Radius: 300
20 second cooldown "

it’s an aoe stealth for the entire team, that lasts 30 seconds, and has a 20 second cooldown. so you can stay stealthed perpetually? i’m aware there’s a gyro that can be attacked, but as soon as it’s destroyed the skill can be used again. kind of broken imo.

add that to Elixir S, Medic gyro and Shock shield and your damage mitigation is frankly kind of nuts.

just telling you what you already know

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

The cooldown starts when the Gyro is destroyed so it’s not quite perma-stealth and as you said, the Gryo itself is visible and destroyable so it counters the skill quite well.

Another downside (which I hope is a bug) is that the Gyro can’t keep up with you when you’re running.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: jkj.9475

jkj.9475

There is a bug that I realized where you are able to have two gyros up at the same time and the 2nd one that is summoned cannot be exploded manually, because it places the skill on cooldown so you just have to wait till it runs out of fuel.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

SSSSShhhhhhhssssss…..

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

" Deploy a sneak gyro to provide stealth to nearby allies.

Currently invisible. Ends if you deal damage. Stealth (4s): Invisible to foes.
Duration: 30s
Interval: 3s
Radius: 300
20 second cooldown "

it’s an aoe stealth for the entire team, that lasts 30 seconds, and has a 20 second cooldown. so you can stay stealthed perpetually? i’m aware there’s a gyro that can be attacked, but as soon as it’s destroyed the skill can be used again. kind of broken imo.

add that to Elixir S, Medic gyro and Shock shield and your damage mitigation is frankly kind of nuts.

just telling you what you already know

Something tells me you don’t actually play Scrapper. Yet another uneducated post. But you already know that.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: ghost.1804

ghost.1804

Yeah, I don’t play scrapper because I appreciate a challenge, dork.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

you’d be playing engineer if you really appreciate challenges

anyways the skill does not stealth the whole team it has a 200 radius and stealths every 3 seconds so your allies not only have to be close but if they dont get under said radius on time they ll miss that stealth pulse , the cooldown starts when the gyro is destroyed so it is not permanently up , you play the game so you must have eyes thus you should be able to see where the scrapper moves by looking at the gyro , also gyros cant jump or climb so they cant follow the scrapper at all times if you use terrain to your advantage

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Seriously, I don’t know why it is the way it is. It doesn’t make any sense to me. But hey, I’m not part of the arenanet crew, maybe they have a plan in mind that we’re not privy to.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

Reading the description of the gyro I too thought it would be OP but putting it into practice is a different story. The gyro wobbles around barely keeping up with you so you have to move at a snails pace to even get the 30 seconds of stealth. Its pretty worthless for an elite skill TBH.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

If you enjoy challenges you should play wvw exclusively as an uplevel

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Looks like you have no interest in a challenge seeing as how you need to be spoon-fed information since you have no idea how to properly educate yourself on how a skill works before coming to the forums to make posts that scream “I’m a noob!”

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Ignoring the juvenile bickering for a moment…

I ADORE the Sneak Gyro for PvE content. I don’t do much WvW or PvP, so I can’t comment there, but for PvE stuff, it’s a massive lifesaver and general convenience. I do find it to be frustrating at times to get it to follow me at an adequate pace to keep the stealth up perpetually, but once I get it working, it doesn’t give me too many problems.

The effectiveness of Sneak Gyro in PvE most certainly has me worried that they’re going to tweak it somehow, and I just pray that it isn’t an overtweak. But, I can’t in good conscience say that tweaking is unneeded; it really is the overwhelmingly-best answer to a great many situations. Though, it’s more of an asset towards saving botched fights than for any kind of “meta” stuff, I suppose.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I do so enjoy when a Thief main goes to another professions subforums and complains about stealth. The irony is pleasing.

Due to it taking up the rare resource of an elite slot, the fact that it doesn’t keep up with a mobile player, the fact that it can be destroyed as fast as any turret, and that it will bug out on any terrain, I hardly call it particularly strong.

As a matter of fact, doesn’t a skill have to be basically, unanimously used by all or almost all players to be defined as over powered, by MMO standards?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Sneak gyro has its uses in PvP, makes the Eng capable of playing a role of a roaming decap like a thief, but its very clunky. You can’t contest a point while stealthed so to decap you’ll have to destroy it or force reveal yourself, and you can’t truly sneak around because the gyro can’t keep up, and gives your position away roughly anyways.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

So, someone kicked you out of a team in favor for engineer?
Or you’ve fought a engineer with as equal frequent stealth access as you?

Sucks for you, that the people around you either don’t appreciate you for the player you are, or that you got outplayed, but instead of complaining about a skill with massive counterplay, you should rather ask yourself why you’ve not exploited said counterplay, or why people rather have other players in their team…

I’m almost certain that the answer for both questions will be the same

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

If your group has swiftness, the Gyro can not stay close to you, so in most cases in WvW roaming, it is a 3 sec stealth for the group the ticks after the first will not get to you.

AI was just the worst Idea for a utility, but they wont change it.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

psizone.8437

If your group has swiftness, the Gyro can not stay close to you, so in most cases in WvW roaming, it is a 3 sec stealth for the group the ticks after the first will not get to you.

AI was just the worst Idea for a utility, but they wont change it.

The thing can’t keep up with the 25% movement speed trait either.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

The thing can’t keep up with the 25% movement speed trait either.

It seems to keep up with me just fine when I’m using Runes of the Traveler. It’s a little bit of a hassle to get it at the right distance for me to be in its AoE without it catching up and pausing, but once I get it in that fairly-generous sweet spot, it works out.

Not saying it shouldn’t get a speed boost or tighter leash or larger AoE, just saying that it works for me with 25% speed. XD

The class is always greener on the other side.

Sneak Gyro broken?

in Engineer

psizone.8437

It seems to keep up with me just fine when I’m using Runes of the Traveler. It’s a little bit of a hassle to get it at the right distance for me to be in its AoE without it catching up and pausing, but once I get it in that fairly-generous sweet spot, it works out.

Not saying it shouldn’t get a speed boost or tighter leash or larger AoE, just saying that it works for me with 25% speed. XD

For me “working fine” means it keeps up with me and I’m inside its AoE without me having to work to find the sweet spot you describe.

If I have to slow down at all to stay inside of my own skills AoE then it defeats the purpose of running with the 25% movement speed whilst using the Gyro.