Sniper kit...

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

As it says on the box

A sniper kit

Seeing as the engineer is a master of ingenuity, why isn’t there some sort of charge up long range sniper?

Basic layout

1# – a charged shot (3-5 sec) dealing high damage based on charge percent

2# – hollow point: inflicts bleed – used a ‘finisher shot on a low health target’

3/4 no idea…

5# invis

Options/ ideas for gadget slot

- Another invis/ group invis

- aerial bombardment

The sniper should have minimum distance of the warriors killshot…because, you know snipers…

Please contribute thoughts, ideas, constructive criticism and the like

Cheers

-Phyrak

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Not sure who this would be better suited to.
The abilities you’ve suggested sound better suited to a Thief however.

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

what i rather want to see is a “cannon kit”. Think about horrik from the fractals.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/126473/horrik.jpg

1- Ranged auto attack with 1s cooldown, heavy impact damage with some aoe radius ( sorta like pistol 1 just way more powerfull, actually on par with the bomb kit´s 1) and a range of 1000

2- A straight path following slow moving projectile that hurts everything in its path (think asura megablasters from the crucible of eternity dungeon just not homing) per tick and can be detonated like flamer 2 but keeps on following its path slowly till it hits a wall or its 1200 range limit

3- A frontal knockback cleave or conic aoe with the cannon to get up to 3 annoying pests off your kitten .

4- a backwards cannon jump with some low to mediocre aoe damage from the jump itself (think acid bomb just no ticks) that leaves a 2-3 s combo field behind, blind would be pretty perfect for that

5- High damage ground targeted rather big aoe with fire field

toolbelt skill- adds confuse to the next 3 attacks with it

I think that would be more fitting and usefull. That way you got a ranged kit that can do some serios abuse.. but yea.. just my opinion

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

what i rather want to see is a “cannon kit”. Think about horrik from the fractals.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/126473/horrik.jpg

1- Ranged auto attack with 1s cooldown, heavy impact damage with some aoe radius ( sorta like pistol 1 just way more powerfull, actually on par with the bomb kit´s 1) and a range of 1000

2- A straight path following slow moving projectile that hurts everything in its path (think asura megablasters from the crucible of eternity dungeon just not homing) per tick and can be detonated like flamer 2 but keeps on following its path slowly till it hits a wall or its 1200 range limit

3- A frontal knockback cleave or conic aoe with the cannon to get up to 3 annoying pests off your kitten .

4- a backwards cannon jump with some low to mediocre aoe damage from the jump itself (think acid bomb just no ticks) that leaves a 2-3 s combo field behind, blind would be pretty perfect for that

I think that would be more fitting and usefull. That way you got a ranged kit that can do some serios abuse.. but yea.. just my opinion

Ghostbore Cannon ftw.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Can’t argue with a cannon kit.

A sniper kit would be pretty interesting, although I’m not one to sit back and fire into the action.

Personally, I’d like to see the ever popular Chainsaw Kit!

Or perhaps a Demolition Kit, that employs sticky bombs, TNT and Dynamite!

The tool belt ability could be a themed Hard Hat that could give you protection for X seconds unless you are hit with a Crowd Control effect, then it should absorb the Crowd Control effect but cancel the protection boon Knocking the Hard Hat off of you.

But anything new would be welcomed really!

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Can’t argue with a cannon kit.

A sniper kit would be pretty interesting, although I’m not one to sit back and fire into the action.

Personally, I’d like to see the ever popular Chainsaw Kit!

Or perhaps a Demolition Kit, that employs sticky bombs, TNT and Dynamite!

The tool belt ability could be a themed Hard Hat that could give you protection for X seconds unless you are hit with a Crowd Control effect, then it should absorb the Crowd Control effect but cancel the protection boon Knocking the Hard Hat off of you.

But anything new would be welcomed really!

well.. sniper kit wouldnt be really good in my opinion. It just doesnt fit with the engi thing… BUT how about a sniper turret that works like the mortar? They are already in the game…look arround the far east of ascalon by the ogre camp. The ash legion got them deployed arround to use against ogres. These things got an insane range, a slow reload and do rather kitten damage, issue would be that ppl would exploit it.. but then again the sniper rifle turrets in game shoot slow enough to be dodgeable by just walking left to right, their reload time is long too. Im sure that could be worked into a sort of elite skill in my opinion or just a normal skill that can be deployed like a turret with the toolbelt skill to pick it up again if in close range or nuke it if you are away from it. Afterall you are not mobile with it and an easy target if you wanna use it in range of the enemie

As for the chainsaw kit? Yea.. i could see whatcha mean but then again why we dont simply get hammers as weapons and give em some cleave attacks? Should do the trick id say.

As for demolition kit… just bring the mine kit back, remove the knockback from the mines cept maybe #5 and done.

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Asked for early on. Suggestions forum trashbin.

Along with Alchemist Kit to replace certain elixirs in kit heavy builds and quite a number of other useful ideas that went out the window.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

we definitely need chicken gun kit

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

we definitely need chicken gun kit

if i dont get a rubber chicken rifle and pistol skins with that then i dont want that kit

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

Cheers for you input!

I do agree that there could be some serious abuse of a ranged kit such as sniper but there would be some sort of trade of with it, ie: halved toughness and 25% less hp

The cannon kit sounds fun!

An elite kit perhaps?

I’d like to see it as some underslung launcher for my Asura

Tiny people with oversized weapons!

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I vote cannon kit based solely on how bad kitten we would look holding a cannon over our shoulders like that aetherblade canoneer guy.

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

If anyone should snipe, it should be the ranger really.
If we got another kit, it would likely be more of a gadget kit IMHO.

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

yea bout time ranger gets a rifle, these guys are practically made for this kitten XD

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Ok, I can be more precise. . . .

Rangers should have the best ability to single target a player from range with a bow.

The idea of spreading around extreme long range high damage to multiple classes makes no sense.

Engineers have extreme long range in the form of grenades. Having grenades and the sniper kit would be way OP.

Meanwhile, the ranger who in every other game I have ever played is the master of ranged single target damage needs a major buff.

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’m after AK-47 kit. Automatic fire ftw for deserts/sands/mud in next releases.
There’s a reason why this weapon was so good in Vietnam, Afganistan.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

Engys should really get a Siege Kit, but that would be tough to balance.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Snipers are meant to be stealthy. Having a large Panther/Wolf etc wouldn’t exactly aid you in being stealth-like.

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Snipers are meant to be stealthy. Having a large Panther/Wolf etc wouldn’t exactly aid you in being stealth-like.

Panthers can be pretty stealthy. <.<

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

and slap a ninja headband on a bear and its a ninja too XD Sry couldnt resist

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Ever seen a ninja bear? Exactly! They’re almost over qualified.

(in all seriousness though, bears are ambush predators :P)

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Ever seen a ninja bear? Exactly! They’re almost over qualified.

(in all seriousness though, bears are ambush predators :P)

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: Galbedir.9178

Galbedir.9178

Oh my lord…

A Cannon kit would make me so freaking happy.

Sniper kit...

in Engineer

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

nevermind the sniper kit, anet we want this, i might actually use a kit on land if we had this. though a gatling gun/lmg type kit would be nice too XD

Fix what you have before you build something new