Sniper kit! For the love of heaven, please!

in Engineer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

This would make my millennium and I think it would give engineers the little balance boost we need. I could see this as either an Elite skill instead of Mortar (that thing really bites) or another regular kit.

I’m curious about what weapon skills the Engineer community would want in their Sniper Kit. Please list yours below:

Mine:
The kit would equip a beautiful Asura-tech sniper gun.
1: Long Shot: An instant very long ranged shot that could cover a big distance and would have a 60% chance to apply confusion on a crit.
2: Ghillie Suit: This skill would grant 4 seconds of stealth as long as the caster was motionless.
3: Target: This would be another dam shot that would do less damage than long shot but would apply 2 stacks of vulnerability.
4: Gun Butt: A close range melee burst dam ability that would have you hit your target in the face with your sniper gun butt, causing a knock back.
5: Headshot: A very powerful timed-cast ranged shot that would have less range than skill 1, but do much more damage. It would take 2-seconds to cast and also apply blindness.

Post yours below!

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

(edited by Entropy.4732)

in Engineer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’d say change #3 to “spot” and make it throw up a ton of vuln and cripple but deal very little-no actual damage.

I’d also say make headshot have a 100% crit chance and damage would interrupt it, but I’d have LONGER range than the 1 skill, that’s just me though.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Engineer

Posted by: Kobold.7659

Kobold.7659

How about fixing the current kits before going off to make more?

in Engineer

Entropy.4732

Brilliant points Durzlla! I love those changes. And thanks Kobold! I believe we have your wet blanket around here somewhere… one sec.

(edited by Entropy.4732)

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

How about fixing the current kits before going off to make more?

Its not that he thinks this is more important than fixing the other bugs and kits, however it is fun to think about what kits you could come up with and what not. Keeping in the spirit of the thread, I’d probably do something like this:

1. (Chain) Ready: Fires a shot at long range, medium damage, pierces targets. Aim: Fires a shot at long range, medium damage, cripples, single target. Fire: fires a shot at long range, deals extra damage to crippled enemies, pierces targets. (Very slow attack rate, probably similar to guardian Hammer. Each shot is a 20% projectile finisher.)

2. Snipe: A charged shot, the longer you hold it the more damage it does, Pierces targets and has a very long range. 10 second cooldown. 100% projectile finisher.

3. Relocate: you gain stealth and swiftness (4s) and automatically stow the sniper kit, the sniper kit gains an 8 second cooldown. Long cooldown, thinking 30 seconds.

4. Experimental Round: Fire a shot in a line, each target gains weakness (3s) and you teleport to the end of the line applying fear (1s) to nearby enemies. Long cooldown maybe 25 seconds, shorter range.

5. Deploy: You gain a shield in front of you that reflects projectiles and each projectile you reflect grants you protection (1s) and applies vulnerability(2s) to its controller. 20 second cooldown.

This is probably way overpowered but seems like it would be a ton of fun. I could see Juggernaut being applied to this as well, lol.

I like your ideas too, however I like a little more flashiness with my sniper kit.

EDIT: something for all sniper kit ideas, kit refinement should apply a 2 second stealth on a 60 second cooldown. Would be awesome.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

(edited by MentalPause.9183)

in Engineer

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

Last one sounds more balanced, cause has obvious weakness in close combat as the sniper kit supposed to. 5) skill should just be reflection wall without other buffs, it would diminish guardian role but on a proper scale.

in Engineer

Entropy.4732

Wow! Amazing ideas Mental! Love em! "Snipe"’s concept of “the longer you hold the more damage it does” is fantastic. And Experimental Round could have some amazing applications. Would deploy’s shield move with you or would it be stationary?

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

Wow! Amazing ideas Mental! Love em! "Snipe"’s concept of “the longer you hold the more damage it does” is fantastic. And Experimental Round could have some amazing applications. Would deploy’s shield move with you or would it be stationary?

Yeah snipe would cap out at a certain amount of time, so maybe 3 seconds or something like that. One of the reasons I made experimental shot a line is because line attacks are cool, and it seems to fit well, glad you like the idea. Well if we go by what Bromi said, which makes perfect sense, then I think It could be mobile, however I don’t think its necessary.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I would like to see the sniper kit (or any kit really that is a real kit; not charzooka) in the elite skill slot, and be able to use it as a normal kit. The drawback for it would be that since it could be used anytime its not as strong as other elites, but still stronger than normal kits.

Then I could free up my utility skills for other things I need instead of having a weapon swap there taking up space.
Oh and also it would definitely without a doubt replace mortar.

in Engineer

Posted by: Blakey.5670

Blakey.5670

He’s an engineer not a sniper >.> Jesus.
Maybe a ray gun, not an ARMY rifle.

He’s the guy fixing the tanks, not the hero -_-.

Behellzebab – lvl 80 pvp egineer

(edited by Blakey.5670)

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

He’s an engineer not a sniper >.> Jesus.

At least he should get some ray gun kit, not an ARMY rifle.

Every class seems to want the sniper rifle, so why not us too!

plus when was the last time you saw an engineer with a ray gun?

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

You wish, engies are the commando guys running with shotguns, grenades and mines and flamethrowers

Plus Iron Legion engineers were the ones who advanced technology enough to invent the rifles in tyria, it only makes sense that engineers would also be the ones to create sniper rifles

in Engineer

Durzlla.6295

You wish, engies are the commando guys running with shotguns, grenades and mines and flamethrowers

Plus Iron Legion engineers were the ones who advanced technology enough to invent the rifles in tyria, it only makes sense that engineers would also be the ones to create sniper rifles

Actually sniper rifles are already in game, they’re an environmental weapon you can find in every ascalon zone (very small area in each one) that has ~8k range and applies 5 stacks of bleed, does a KB effect and a longish (3s?) CD, only one attack, cast is instant. The damage nearly one shots most mobs, including vets.

@rest of people,
I really like the Deployable wall and the experimental shot idea that’d be fun! And I assumed it would be an elite kit too, so they’d certainly be stronger skills than usual, but not as strong as other elites (kinda like how flesh golem works).

in Engineer

Entropy.4732

Well said, sir. CLEARLY we’re the sniper class. Warriors with their sub-par intelligence and meat-head impatience would never spend hours analyzing wind patterns and bullet drop diagrams. PUH-lease. Silly bookah…

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

@rest of people,
I really like the Deployable wall and the experimental shot idea that’d be fun! And I assumed it would be an elite kit too, so they’d certainly be stronger skills than usual, but not as strong as other elites (kinda like how flesh golem works).

I really liked the experimental shot ability as well, I wish there were more abilities like this in game.

Its funny that you mention the elite thing because the 3 ability could be adjusted to compensate for the fact that it was an elite. So if we go off what the necromancer flesh golem having a 60 second cooldown, it would be fair to put the kit at a 60 second cooldown when stowed? So just get change the 8 seconds to just being stowed.

@ Entropy: I was also thinking what should the tool belt skill be if it was just a utility slot? I was thinking a sighting turret that applies vulnerability to your target as long as they are within range, say 1 stack for 2 seconds every second you have them targeted. Something like that. that way you could stack passive vulnerability on them and it could change targets to apply it elsewhere.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

in Engineer

Durzlla.6295

@rest of people,

I really liked the experimental shot ability as well, I wish there were more abilities like this in game.

Its funny that you mention the elite thing because the 3 ability could be adjusted to compensate for the fact that it was an elite. So if we go off what the necromancer flesh golem having a 60 second cooldown, it would be fair to put the kit at a 60 second cooldown when stowed? So just get change the 8 seconds to just being stowed.

@ Entropy: I was also thinking what should the tool belt skill be if it was just a utility slot? I was thinking a sighting turret that applies vulnerability to your target as long as they are within range, say 1 stack for 2 seconds every second you have them targeted. Something like that. that way you could stack passive vulnerability on them and it could change targets to apply it elsewhere.

Nah, flesh golem is a minion, minions and turrets and every other summon doesn’t go on CD until it die where it lasts a while, this is a kit so it should follow where other kits do, however I’d say maybe make the abilities themselves on the kit longer CD to compensate for this (IE our elite has “no CD” but due to the skills being stronger they have longer CDs)

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I’ve said this many times in the past. Sniper Kit is not Engineer-y enough.

For god sakes, our HARPOON gun shoots TORPEDOES and MINES! Our Pistols shoot glue, and our Shields have electricity in them.

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

Nah, flesh golem is a minion, minions and turrets and every other summon doesn’t go on CD until it die where it lasts a while, this is a kit so it should follow where other kits do, however I’d say maybe make the abilities themselves on the kit longer CD to compensate for this (IE our elite has “no CD” but due to the skills being stronger they have longer CDs)

Ah I see, fair enough.

For god sakes, our HARPOON gun shoots TORPEDOES and MINES! Our Pistols shoot glue, and our Shields have electricity in them.

Yeah I get you there, which is why I tried to make my version more “Engineer-y”.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Well said, sir. CLEARLY we’re the sniper class. Warriors with their sub-par intelligence and meat-head impatience would never spend hours analyzing wind patterns and bullet drop diagrams. PUH-lease. Silly bookah…

Clearly we are not. Anet defined us a class that thrives in CQC/Mid-range battles. Notice how our “Rifle” skills work best when in close range much like a shotgun? Or how our Rifle only has 1,000 range(1,200 when traited)? Or how the only Kit that goes beyond our default 1,000 range is the grenade Kit? Or how we’re the only ranged class that is able to equip shields? We were originally designed to be a Heavy Class character since we’re usually fighting in the 100~1,000 range unless you go for grenades.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

What about rifles? They shoot pretty standard shots

in Engineer

Aristio.2784

What about rifles? They shoot pretty standard shots

Our Rifle is a mini-Shotgun and it also shoots a net.

We even go as far as to use our gun to “rocket jump.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Id love a sniper kit.

in Engineer

Entropy.4732

Clearly we are not. Anet defined us a class that thrives in CQC/Mid-range battles. Notice how our “Rifle” skills work best when in close range much like a shotgun? Or how our Rifle only has 1,000 range(1,200 when traited)? Or how the only Kit that goes beyond our default 1,000 range is the grenade Kit? Or how we’re the only ranged class that is able to equip shields? We were originally designed to be a Heavy Class character since we’re usually fighting in the 100~1,000 range unless you go for grenades.

Hey, I’d love for us to be a Heavy Class character, but clearly they changed their minds on that. Let’s face it, the initial design concept for the Engineer hasn’t lived up to the final result. Turrets were supposed to be a core mechanic, but almost no serious eng uses them. Gadgets were supposed to be useful and effective. Just because Anet hoped we would be the masters of mid-range battles doesn’t make it so. In fact, we have a lot to be desired in that area. I think a kit like this could take the eng in a much needed new direction. And as long as the sniper skills are “whacky” enough for our class aesthetic, I think it’s a perfect fit.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

B-b-but we are Versatile! lol (I cant say that word without laughing)
Devs have never mentioned anything about us being originally a heavy class

Even though I agree that we are mostly for mid range, we are versatile enough to have a few long range skills at 1200+ for a sniper kit to be believable. Grenades, traited rifles,mortar, some of out turrets, traited elixir gun, supply crate, heck even magnet is at 1200

in Engineer

Kyon.9735

Even though I agree that we are mostly for mid range, we are versatile enough to have a few long range skills at 1200+ for a sniper kit to be believable. Grenades, traited rifles,mortar, some of out turrets, traited elixir gun, supply crate, heck even magnet is at 1200

I don’t even know how versatility was brought up in the conversation. I was merely stating that there is no way in our current form that we are to be considered snipers, unless you consider throwing grenades at 1,500 range “sniping”.

As for engineers being a heavy class, try looking into some trivias from Anet.

in Engineer

Entropy.4732

I don’t even know how versatility was brought up in the conversation. I was merely stating that there is no way in our current form that we are to be considered snipers, unless you consider throwing grenades at 1,500 range “sniping”.

As one of the ONLY two classes who can use rifles you really think there’s “no way we are to be considered snipers”? I “snipe” as best I can with my rifle in WvW all the time. We are clearly gun users / tech users who support groups, often at range. What is more snipery than that?

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

As for engineers being a heavy class, try looking into some trivias from Anet.

I was thinking versatility, being able to do a wide variety of roles effectively, including long distance. Plus I don’t think any other class beats us in range so far, maybe rangers if they can get around 1700 or 1800 (Mortars double traited when not bugged).

in Engineer

Kyon.9735

As one of the ONLY two classes who can use rifles you really think there’s “no way we are to be considered snipers”? I “snipe” as best I can with my rifle in WvW all the time. We are clearly gun users / tech users who support groups, often at range. What is more snipery than that?

So your playstyle is just standing at 1,200 range and spamming auto-attack?

@Penguin
I know engineers are versatile, I don’t even remember saying that sniper kit is impossible for us. I clearly stated that there is no way in our current form that we are snipers unless you consider throwing grenades @1500 range “sniping”

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Engineer

Entropy.4732

If the opposition is protected by AOE chokes or a foe is running, sure. With Incendiary Ammo added in there for a little spice.

in Engineer

Durzlla.6295

Ah I see, fair enough.

Yeah I get you there, which is why I tried to make my version more “Engineer-y”.

Fine, we will fire rabbits an other small animals with our 1 skill which, due to the weight I our ammo, would cause us to be more mid-long range, and just think of how awesome it’d be to fire a small, angry animal at your enemies from long range, and after the initial hit the small animal begins to attack them?

Our #3 skill could be called “Explosive” rounds, and the next 10 animals fired from our gun will be strapped with explosives an upon triggering the skill again they’d all blow up launching and inflicting vulnerability to everyone hit.

The #2 skill we’d fire a watermelon or “critter food” at the target causing all the fluffy animals we’ve fired from our gun to swarm onto that target wanting blood, and as such they’d cause bleeding on each of their attacks until the critter food wears off.

The #4 skill would be the gillie suit and the #5 would be the reflect.
EDIT: for obvious reasons all the animals fired have experimental rabies from animal testing and would randomly inflict chill, weakness, poison, and confusion, there’d be a max of 10 if them walking around and they’d die in 2 hits (ie each time they take damage it deals 50% of their health)

(edited by Durzlla.6295)

in Engineer

Aristio.2784

Idea posted months ago. My “Sniper Kit” idea.

The Techno Gun.

Replaces: Throw Mine
1200 Range on all abilities.

1- Impulse Burst. Shoots three quick shots from your Gun, inflicting Vulnerability on your target and enemies around your target.
Damage: 105(x3)
Vulnerability: 1 stack, 6 seconds
Combo Finisher: Projectile (20% chance)
Radius: 150

2-Plasma Container. Shoot a plasma container at the selected area. When triggered it explodes, stripping a boon to all enemies in the area.
Damage: 287
Explosion Radius: 180
8 second recast
->Becomes Detonate after you use the first skill

3-Charged Shot. Steady your gun, readying a shot that does more damage the longer you charge it.
1 Second Charge: Damage: 208
1.5 Second Charge: Damage: 650
2 Second Charge: Damage: 1080
Combo Finisher: Projectile
Recast: 15 seconds

4-Flux Shield. Create a lightning barrier in front of you that damages anyone who crosses it. Blocks all ranged attacks.
Damage: 340
Duration: 4 seconds
Combo Field: Lightning
Recast: 25 Seconds

5-Overload. Release a burst of energy, overloading your Gun. Stunning enemies around you and Dazing yourself.
Damage: 180
Stun Radius: 200
Stun Duration: 3s
Daze Duration: .5s
Recast: 30 seconds

Tool Belt Skill:
Influx Retreat. Damage enemies and instantly teleport backwards.
Range: 600
Damage: 305
Combo Finisher: Leap
Recast: 45 seconds.

Damage is of course adjustable and based off of wiki’s description for certain skills.

Would look like an Inquest Rifle attached to a glowing battery on your backpack.

(edited by Aristio.2784)

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Fine, we will fire rabbits an other small animals with our 1 skill which, due to the weight I our ammo, would cause us to be more mid-long range, and just think of how awesome it’d be to fire a small, angry animal at your enemies from long range, and after the initial hit the small animal begins to attack them?

Our #3 skill could be called “Explosive” rounds, and the next 10 animals fired from our gun will be strapped with explosives an upon triggering the skill again they’d all blow up launching and inflicting vulnerability to everyone hit.

The #2 skill we’d fire a watermelon or “critter food” at the target causing all the fluffy animals we’ve fired from our gun to swarm onto that target wanting blood, and as such they’d cause bleeding on each of their attacks until the critter food wears off.

EDIT: for obvious reasons all the animals fired have experimental rabies from animal testing and would randomly inflict chill, weakness, poison, and confusion, there’d be a max of 10 if them walking around and they’d die in 2 hits (ie each time they take damage it deals 50% of their health)

I approve.

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

lol, who doesn’t want rabbits as ammo. I certainly do.

@ Kyon I understand that we are supposed to be a mid to close range class but it is fun to entertain the notion that we could flow between all ranges, which as Penguin pointed out could = versatility.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

in Engineer

Entropy.4732

Heh heh… rabbits make the best ammo. Asura already know this. Silly Bookah…

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

Tool Belt Skill:
Influx Retreat. Damage enemies and instantly teleport backwards.
Range: 600
Damage: 305
Combo Finisher: Leap
Recast: 45 seconds.

I really like this Tool belt ability. Other than that I see a lot of similarities between the other kits posted and this one. A shield effect, some vulnerability, a “charged” or aimed shot. Neat ideas.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

in Engineer

Kyon.9735

If the opposition is protected by AOE chokes or a foe is running, sure. With Incendiary Ammo added in there for a little spice.

There’s no need to argue with one’s playstyle when he/she plays it best so good luck with yours.

in Engineer

Kyon.9735

@ Kyon I understand that we are supposed to be a mid to close range class but it is fun to entertain the notion that we could flow between all ranges, which as Penguin pointed out could = versatility.

I still don’t understand why you people are trying to make it as if I said that a Sniper Kit is impossible for us when I clearly did not say anything like that. I merely disagreed with Entropy about how he said we are currently clearly snipers with our rifle. All I did was state that we are no snipers in our current form followed by my points on why we are not. So please, don’t start putting versatility into discussion as I’m fully aware how versatile we are.

in Engineer

Entropy.4732

I still don’t understand why you people are trying to make it as if I said that a Sniper Kit is impossible for us when I clearly did not say anything like that. I merely disagreed with Entropy about how he said we are currently clearly snipers with our rifle. All I did was state that we are no snipers in our current form followed by my points on why we are not. So please, don’t start putting versatility into discussion as I’m fully aware how versatile we are.

Yer off the hook, kid. Point taken.

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

I didn’t say that you said that either, however It did come off as if that’s what you meant, intentional or not. Also clearly (hehe) Entropy was joking, funny how miss-interpreting is a lot like assuming. You know what happens when you assume? If not I think we just found out, all of us.

To be fair I didn’t notice your edit earlier (when replying to penguin), where you clarified that you weren’t saying that couldn’t use a sniper kit, just that we don’t have anything that is sniper-ish right now.

I apologize.

So back on topic…

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

back on topic, If they ever created a sniper kit, it would definitely have to have a 1500 range or less or it would make mortars useless. (Not that they already are).
Could it be a sniper kit was never created in the first place because mortars were meant to do that long distance damage in the first place?

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

back on topic, If they ever created a sniper kit, it would definitely have to have a 1500 range or less or it would make mortars useless. (Not that they already are).
Could it be a sniper kit was never created in the first place because mortars were meant to do that long distance damage in the first place?

I doubt they didn’t create a Sniper Kit just because Mortar was already in the game. That would be silly, but you never know.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

in Engineer

Kyon.9735

No problem, no harm done.

@topic
Sniper Kit could be at 1,300 or 1,400 base range(1,400 or 1,500 when traited) if they ever create one. But to make up for the ridiculous range, they should probably give it high cooldown for its skills. High damage, high cooldown skills to be exact since we already have grenades for kiting/spamming at 1,500 range.

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

curious, what part of an "engineer" screams "sniper" ?

tbh, your idea is pretty kitten cool, but sniper just doesnt seem flavoured by engineer at all, but maybe ranger or thief.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Two things I would change to this idea out of personal preference.

1. Ghillie suit could be a long/permanent duration immobile stealth to be a WvW skill. I don’t much care for a generic 4 second stealth. I don’t see the point to stealth on a sniper kit when combo fields and elixir S can make stealth in PvE without taking up a slot for the sniper kit which you wouldn’t be using to avoid mobs. Ash legion spykit works fine for avoiding mobs, and It’s disabled in WvW, so reintroducing it to the engineer could be useful.

2. I’m not so sure about a sniper kit without swap restrictions. It seems like sniper kit would be weak with the excuse that you can swap to or from it at any time. Furthermore why would there be a Gun Butt skill if you could swap to melee kits or your primary weapons instantly? It doesn’t make a lot of sense. What I would do is make all the sniper skills slightly better, but work some sort of cooldown between swapping your rifle for sniping or shotgun mode. It seems it should be either one or the other, not both at the same time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

curious, what part of an “engineer” screams “sniper” ?

tbh, your idea is pretty kitten cool, but sniper just doesnt seem flavoured by engineer at all, but maybe ranger or thief.

Technical superiority. The reason musketeers didn’t kill things from a mile away without ever putting themselves in danger were because that would be impossible for muskets. A well-engineered and calibrated sniper rifle however…

Also I saw sniper rifles at the ogre camp in the charr starter zone that hit like a truck from a long long range. Most of the engineer tech is charr themed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

nah, make the sniper kit have a really high range (2,500) but have really long cooldowns on the main attack and a cast time.

that way you can generally get one shot off, but not more then that if you are by yourself. and if you have two or three sniper engineers coordinating then you can blow up a single target instantly.

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

No problem, no harm done.

@topic
Sniper Kit could be at 1,300 or 1,400 base range(1,400 or 1,500 when traited) if they ever create one. But to make up for the ridiculous range, they should probably give it high cooldown for its skills. High damage, high cooldown skills to be exact since we already have grenades for kiting/spamming at 1,500 range.

The only reason that i think the range could be more is because of how grenades work. Its fair to say grenades could be the condition long range option and a sniper kit could be the direct damage option and less spammy. I agree 100% on the long cooldowns, it would be necessary.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

in Engineer

Posted by: Spracket.9604

Spracket.9604

A game focused around mobility and people are theory-crafting for something that requires little to no movement. If you want to roll sniper, go rifle warrior.

Warmaster Striketail: Watch and learn, bookworms. This is how you fire a cannon!
Creator Flinkk: You’d have nothing to fire if I hadn’t built the device!

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

A game focused around mobility and people are theory-crafting for something that requires little to no movement. If you want to roll sniper, go rifle warrior.

Little to no movement? Why that sounds perfect for our scope trait! Thanks for agreeing for sniper kits!

in Engineer

Posted by: GuilguiS.2738

GuilguiS.2738

As far as thory-crafting goes i don’t really think there’s a problem with this idea. Besides, there’s only two things missing for us to become the whole TF2 roster and that’s the sniper kit and the minigun kit. Just saying.

Oh, and about the warrior sniper thing. Imo the engineers and the rangers should be the only classes with sniping capabilities. Engineers even more because they are more technology attuned.