So I just returned and...

in Engineer

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

I’m going to level an engineer. Is there anything important about the early levels that has changed in the past like, year?

Also what’s a good PVE build for dungeons and stuff? Is condition grenade, condition bomb or celestial rifle best for WvW?

Thanks bye!

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

All will be answered. metabattle.com/

Nothing has really changed on leveling.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

I strongly disadvise using metabattle for leveling, exactly because it says meta. Play around with the class, learn how every single part of it works, and learn what kind of things you like to play and do as an engi. With metabattle, youre missing out on a whole lot of fun stuff because engis have sooo much diversity. I almost never run a fractal without changing my build at least once.

For leveling – most important would be that the Flamethrowers AA is 33% more powerful, so FT is now not only fun, but also pretty viable, to play around with.

For dungeons – swap around. You can use the metabattle builds for optimal efficiency, but i wouldnt blindbuild. Learn to use a few different builds – something nades and bombs, something FT, something nades and HGH elixirs, you name it.

For WvW, i like condi grenades alot, but i dont have much experience in WvW so youre better off waiting for more advice there.

For dungeons and fractals, my personal build favorite is grenades with HGH and my choice of two elixirs, although ill often also play grenades and bombs together with a single elixir or utility on top. Varying between pistol/shield (engi shield is my favorite offhand in the game) or rifle.
Say, Sorrows Embrace P1, by far my most often run dungeon – i run grenades, a rifle, and then Elixir B and U. Elixir B and U are great for stability + reflect, adding might and quickness too, and nades and rifle top up the damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

To level, I think EOTM is about as fast as it gets. PVP is pretty fast also, but imo EOTM is great because you also get wxp along with reg. xp. Make sure to have food and util food for the xp bonus. Maybe try FT/nades/elixer S. Have speedy kits in your build to get to the zerg, power build with PTV works fine. Just follow the pin and tag away on everything red. You’ll be leveling VERY fast. I got my last 20 levels on my latest 80 in a day. Buy new gear every 15-20 lvls or so. Don’t waste time buying gear every few levels, it’s a big waste of time. Give it a try. Dung take time to find ppl, and lots aren’t good and many just leave part way. Unless you have guildies who wanna run dung over and over. At least with EOTM you can kill real ppl, NPC killing is bleh…

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Leveling became a lot worse! They had a patch a while ago that restricts everything you can do under the guise of helping newer players! Anet doesn’t understand that new players =/= mentally handicapped people! I leveled a character to 80 in 30 seconds using tomes and even that was hell! I had to open 80 chests filled with unsalvageable unsellable garbage! Leveling is the worst now! Have fun!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

for me bombs and nades remain far better than ft …

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

nades? they are terrible until 80. you need traits for them. go rifle + ft, bomb, rocket boots for leveling as fast as possible.

metabattle is a good site for ppl who just hit 80, but it terrible for advanced play.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

for me bombs and nades remain far better than ft …

FT is excellent for leveling. Grenades are a poor choice until you can get Grenadier, which you can’t do until level 80.