So I wanna try the Enineer in Wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Just not sure how to build for WvW. Mostly run with the zerg. When there is one. More or less have to run by myself.

Survivabilty if my main key. I am old and can be slow on the buttons. Not even sure which race to go with. Little guys look fun.

Appreciate any imput……thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

If you mostly run with zerg, then best is power spec (either granades or bombs).
If you run by yourself and survivability is your main goal, then condi spec is surely better.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Just not sure how to build for WvW. Mostly run with the zerg. When there is one. More or less have to run by myself.

Survivabilty if my main key. I am old and can be slow on the buttons. Not even sure which race to go with. Little guys look fun.

You can definetly try my zerg build (link in signature) Massive survability and basicly only skill you use is FT1 for tagging all those poor walking bags:-)
That build is for running in front line on commander its based on heal per kill so more target you hit with FT more invincible you will be.
And its basicly useless for solo roaming you can survive 1v3 forever but no chance to kill someone by yourself.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

In WvW I generally run bomb kit + slick shoes with my third utility depending on the zerg composition. Elixir gun provides more support (and a second stun breaker), grenade kit more ranged DPS, and tool kit more survivability.

When roaming I suggest going full cancer with Perplexity runes.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I am a huge proponent of the bomb kit as well. Unlike Rozbuska, Ido not like FT in zergs at all (personal opinion, I am not suggesting his WvW build is bad by any means). Part of that is because in my experience, in zergs, I get just enough lag to be unable to reliably water field with flame blast. As well, I do not feel like my concern as a player in a large force is to merely “tag” enemies for bags. That aspect falls to the bottom of my list.

Cancer Phineas? Seriously? Regurgitating the latest, brainless buzzwords? I thought you were better then that. Personally, I find it comically shameful that the community thinks it means something to use derogatory terms to describe optimal builds simply because they do not like them. Kind of thought we left that behind in middle school.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I was really prodding at Wolfineer, honestly.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

I was really prodding at Wolfineer, honestly.

I have never called the Perplexity Setup with Condition Damage ‘cancer’ nor any other offensive words. The only thing I have said about it is that I find it a lame way of playing and that it doesn’t teach you how to properly use your skills.

I also don’t run that setup at all. So what do I have to do with it, really?

I run a website dedicated to the Engineer profession called Wolfineer.com. It might be a good idea to have a look over there as it contains lots and lots of information regarding the profession. I also run a youtube channel which you could learn from if you are new. I hope this helps you a little!

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I have never called the Perplexity Setup with Condition Damage ‘cancer’ nor any other offensive words.

ooh i will i will! confusion is cancer. but it also works well against people who dont watch their conditions.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I have never called the Perplexity Setup with Condition Damage ‘cancer’ nor any other offensive words. The only thing I have said about it is that I find it a lame way of playing and that it doesn’t teach you how to properly use your skills.

The rune is only good if you’re properly interrupting your opponent. How does it not teach you to use your skills right? If anything it does a lot more of that than wearing Nightmare, Balthazar, or whatever else you could put in its place.

There was a time when it was absolutely overpowered. Then they nerfed it, and then nerfed confusion in WvW. There’s nothing imbalanced, cheap, or lame about it now.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The rune is only good if you’re properly interrupting your opponent. How does it not teach you to use your skills right? If anything it does a lot more of that than wearing Nightmare, Balthazar, or whatever else you could put in its place.

There was a time when it was absolutely overpowered. Then they nerfed it, and then nerfed confusion in WvW. There’s nothing imbalanced, cheap, or lame about it now.

I completely agree. As I see it, it was never “cheap” or “lame” any more or less then half the other builds out there. I simply think it was a pathetic attempt at those who dislike it only when it was used against them, to adhere a childish stigma to it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c