So..all Engies were good for...

in Engineer

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

is switching to the Grenade kit and pressing 1 over and over again?

is that what you are telling me?

Serious question, because I am leveling an Engineer right now. But I guess is 100% of the class is absolutely, 100% usesless outside of a single solitary skill in one kit….then whats the point of leveling one, even without the 30% nerf to Grenade 1 damage.

guess I’ll go back to looking for another class to play. One-button spamming is no fun.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

in Engineer

Posted by: Volfurious.9231

Volfurious.9231

Its a lot of fun, but you will end up being useless compare to other profession in dungeons. Yes, grenades, all we ever good for. We can cure conditions for allies, but other professions does a better job at it. I wouldn’t recommend leveling an Engineer if this is your first character.

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

I can assure you that – in pvp at least – you`re not going to have a chance if you play like that. Even when your build is centered around nades.

Also ALL of our builds got nerfed!

First patch they nerfed the pistol – weakening condition builds.
Second patch they already nerfed grenades.
Third patch they nerf the very strong super elixir from the EG (t`was a “bug fix” but still – EG back to being as useless as it always was)
And they also nerf grenade damage THROUGH THE GROUND (no kitten!)

The simple issue with engineer is that at this point in time there are NO DECENT BUILDS LEFT – and NO a build that sacrifices EVERYTHING just to stack up to 25 might is NOT decent! 1 Guy with 1 boon remove and DEEEERP you`re sooo kittened. And again you REALLY DO sacrifice pretty much EVERYTHING just to stack might.

Ohh yeah and every other class can do everything you can do just WAAAAAY better! Really no reason to pick an engineer over any of the other profession in tournaments. Period!

in Engineer

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

In dungeons – yes.

Spamming #1 from grenades was the only way to have compaable dps with other classes.

In wvw/spvp – no.

It all depends on what you want to do.

EU Aurora Glade

in Engineer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

There is a principle INVOLVED

i never used grenades but all they do is focusing on nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf

weapons stats to kits? oheey another NERF incoming cause all kits will be Automaticly OP

Engineer is a very mediocre proff sure its viable i am sure everyone here as killed something and is allowed in groups in Pve

but take a GREAT Engineer VS Another X Proff

engineer is great to have in group no doubt but alone? ( and your facing someone Good as you ) he have it alot easier to kill you

in Engineer

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

To OP: no.

I do dungeons with different builds depending on the group composition: pure non-grenade dps (rifle + static discharge) if there’s 2 heavies in the group, support when there’s no heavies, or any hybrid in between combined with control (blind, immobilize, knockback).
In WvW I run P/P with bomb & toolkit & mix of carrion & rabid gear (statwise).
I do great at keeping my allies alive in small groups, I kill great amounts of players in zergs and I almost never lose a 1v1. (The hardest opponents are ranged thieves & mesmers, if I meet one of those my day is GOOD because they provide a fun challenge and often end up being a long fight)

Engineers were never meant to stay in a kit, it’s meant to be situational, pretty boring spamming 1 as you say anyway.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in Engineer

Kuruptz.4782

I do dungeons with different builds depending on the group composition: pure non-grenade dps (rifle + static discharge) if there’s 2 heavies in the group, support when there’s no heavies, or any hybrid in between combined with control (blind, immobilize, knockback).
I do great at keeping my allies alive in small groups, I kill great amounts of players in zergs and I almost never lose a 1v1. (The hardest opponents are ranged thieves & mesmers, if I meet one of those my day is GOOD because they provide a fun challenge and often end up being a long fight)

Engineers were never meant to stay in a kit, it’s meant to be situational, pretty boring spamming 1 as you say anyway.

i mean those hard lies no doubt you do good in groups why wouldnt you infact just that you mention it is idiotic ill do good with any build with my engi or all other proffs

but saying you never lose a fight 1v1 just stop it ( or your specced bunker build ) wich you wont be able to kill the enemy

or you can kill enemy in wvw 1v1 he is scaled to 80 or the 80 is wrecked or brain damaged i am 110% sure my mesmer which is my main would delete your engineer over and over and over again wich is Supposed already to be superior 1v1

in Engineer

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

i mean those hard lies no doubt you do good in groups why wouldnt you infact just that you mention it is idiotic ill do good with any build with my engi or all other proffs

but saying you never lose a fight 1v1 just stop it ( or your specced bunker build ) wich you wont be able to kill the enemy

or you can kill enemy in wvw 1v1 he is scaled to 80 or the 80 is wrecked or brain damaged i am 110% sure my mesmer which is my main would delete your engineer over and over and over again wich is Supposed already to be superior 1v1

I said almost, and I also said mesmers are a hard opponent which i often lose against.
I always ignore scaled up enemies, and used to meet enemies in wvw for duels after a fun fight. (back when you could still find out their name)
Feel free to challenge me anytime you want, just whisper me. I’m on SR btw.

And i’m not being idiotic, I just answered the OP: were grenade builds all that engies were good for? > NO.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

(edited by Clip.6845)

in Engineer

Kuruptz.4782

I said almost, and I also said mesmers are a hard opponent which i often lose against.
I always ignore scaled up enemies, and used to meet enemies in wvw for duels after a fun fight. (back when you could still find out their name)
Feel free to challenge me anytime you want, just whisper me. I’m on SR btw.

I am on desolation i would LOVE to see you kill me

in Engineer

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

Strange, I have always thought the popular PvP builds (bunker and static discharge) didn’t involve grenades. IMHO grenades were great in WvW but they contribute practically nothing in a duel against any good opponent. Before you yell at me BSing, I ran grenades/rifle since launch and I WvWvW in most of my playing time.

The super elixir was a known bug and you should’ve known a fix would be coming. Any other new bugs sucks but hopefully they’ll fix that.

I have no idea about anything PvE related, so I won’t bother pretending I know anything about that.

To the OP, there were and are a lot of good (PvP) engineers that do not use the grenade build.

in Engineer

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

To the OP, there were and are a lot of good (PvP) engineers that do not use the grenade build.

Actually I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that good (PvP) engineers don’t use the grenade build. You occasionally see some throwing them at their feet, but they always keep it as utility and vary it up afterwards (alternatively it is more common to see bomb kits being used).

But then grenades were gaining popularity as a PvE build for leveling and dungeons, especially with the vulnerability stacks. They can still be used for vulnerability support, but they’re no longer intrinsicly better than other mediocre builds; I am finding very little difference in performance between grenade-rifle and a much easier to play (but still mediocre performance) might-stacking juggernaut build, which makes me somewhat sad.

in Engineer

Posted by: ahmajo.3159

ahmajo.3159

Actually I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that good (PvP) engineers don’t use the grenade build. You occasionally see some throwing them at their feet, but they always keep it as utility and vary it up afterwards (alternatively it is more common to see bomb kits being used).

But then grenades were gaining popularity as a PvE build for leveling and dungeons, especially with the vulnerability stacks. They can still be used for vulnerability support, but they’re no longer intrinsicly better than other mediocre builds; I am finding very little difference in performance between grenade-rifle and a much easier to play (but still mediocre performance) might-stacking juggernaut build, which makes me somewhat sad.

Wow, thanks I must be good since I detest using grenades and I do think I’m good.

I’ve watched teldoo on twitch, hes damn good and he doesn’t use grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s really not just one kit they nerfed it’s all of them. The problems are much much deeper then that because of the weird missing that’s occurred since launch on this class.

They need to make the explosive radius bigger for everything because quite frankly it doesn’t extend out as far as my thief’s sword does and it definitely should. These are grenades we’re talking about here. Changing the physics because you want to nerf the class for pvp is not the right approach because it completely messes with pve.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

I never liked grenades and therefor never use them and I do fine in WvW and Spvp. I’m not a pve player, so I’m not sure what our current state is like in there.

in Engineer

Posted by: Volfurious.9231

Volfurious.9231

I used nades in WvW, it was lots of fun. Stayed at 1.5k range 24-7 with all escape utility, don’t have to worry getting hit. Only useful during siege though, either you throw nades on the tower where the range are shorting arrows at you, or be on high gounds and rain nades on people that’s sieging.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i use rifle and nade kit. but …just mentioning that there’s someone out there that uses rifle means i’ll probably get nerfed too. so messed up. also consider that nades are the only long range (besides mortar, also an eng skill._., maybe barrage) that you don’t have to press the evade key to avoid, cuz gravity. if your’e going to nerf the damage, at least make the grenades travel faster.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

I can assure you that – in pvp at least – you`re not going to have a chance if you play like that. Even when your build is centered around nades.

Also ALL of our builds got nerfed!

First patch they nerfed the pistol – weakening condition builds.
Second patch they already nerfed grenades.
Third patch they nerf the very strong super elixir from the EG (t`was a “bug fix” but still – EG back to being as useless as it always was)
And they also nerf grenade damage THROUGH THE GROUND (no kitten!)

The simple issue with engineer is that at this point in time there are NO DECENT BUILDS LEFT – and NO a build that sacrifices EVERYTHING just to stack up to 25 might is NOT decent! 1 Guy with 1 boon remove and DEEEERP you`re sooo kittened. And again you REALLY DO sacrifice pretty much EVERYTHING just to stack might.

Ohh yeah and every other class can do everything you can do just WAAAAAY better! Really no reason to pick an engineer over any of the other profession in tournaments. Period!

That’s completely false. You obviously only value damage output if you think like that.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: Ponder.3647

Ponder.3647

OP – outside of leveling, I hardly used grenades at all. They’re novel at first, but your other kits are more effective/interesting.

For PvP and WvW, nades are, and were, worthless. They might be useful if you’re sieging a keep, but even then I wouldn’t really bother.

For PvE, like dungeons and stuff, I’ve found bombs to be better than nades – if you’re looking for nuke and utility. Personally, I enjoyed an elixir gun bunker and healer build – plus you can spec to make your bombs heal. It’s a small heal, but if you’re spamming bombs, you may as well give them the heal. :P

So far, the best builds I’ve played have been bunker (TANKCAT!!!) and Static Discharge. I’ve been pvping/wvwing since the “nerf” and I have had zero problems. The sigil fix is a big buff, so play with that a little.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ponder.3647

Ponder.3647

Wow, thanks I must be good since I detest using grenades and I do think I’m good.

I’ve watched teldoo on twitch, hes damn good and he doesn’t use grenades.

Teldoo is a good person to watch. Look up Tankcat and Static Discharge builds as well