So any fixes in Dec. 10 patch?

in Engineer

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

Yeah so they gave us a glance what will change and what new things will they add and everyone now is raging about vigor etc…

BUT

Is there any mention about fixing things? I mean there are things that needs actual fix, for example HGH on thrown elixir indicates 2 stacks of might, but gives only 1… of course this isn’t the only thing in need for a fix…

So any news on fixing part?

OR we just get another bunch of new things with a bunch of new bugs ?
Any input is welcome, just please stay on topic:)

in Engineer

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

of course there will be fixes, and no they will not tell us what they are to avoid people using exploits before they are patched out.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

Well I don’t see a 1 stack of might instead of 2 as a possible way to exploit anything.
(ofc it’s just this particular case).

Also theres a 300 reply and 25k view thread about HOBOSACKS and only input by devs was like yeah maybe we will get on to that, but we have other projects which consumes more time…

To be honest there is something wrong with devs – community confersation…

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Have the list is “fixes” and buff. The problem is so many on these forums do not use their heads and go out of their way to seek a reason to have a blind, knee jerk reaction and rage all over the forums.

For Example, there are threads upon threads upon threads demanding extending the duration of speedy kits. Besides that. any one claiming the change to speedy kits is a vigor nerf is clueless. “infused precision + invigorating speed = 100% vigor” So every poster you see using the term “vigor nerf” is one who’s post you should ignore completely.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Have the list is “fixes” and buff. The problem is so many on these forums do not use their heads and go out of their way to seek a reason to have a blind, knee jerk reaction and rage all over the forums.

For Example, there are threads upon threads upon threads demanding extending the duration of speedy kits. Besides that. any one claiming the change to speedy kits is a vigor nerf is clueless. “infused precision + invigorating speed = 100% vigor” So every poster you see using the term “vigor nerf” is one who’s post you should ignore completely.

You keep saying that. But i got speedy kits for the mobility, what i dont have is an extra 10trait points to get infused precision.
So i have to make a sacrifice somewhere to get what i already have.

Thats called a nerf.

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

Coglin, you tell me how it isn’t a nerf? We would have to dump an additional 10 points somewhere we never would have had to before. Let us be clear, that means taking 10 points from the tools line on my zerker build, and putting it into firearms, not to mention if I want to keep great open field mobility in WVW I’m still going to have to run speedy kits. So yeah dude having to take an extra trait just to accomplish what we can currently ALREADY do. Yes I would define that as a nerf in any situation.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Yeah, because it is such a terrible thing to have points in the firearms line adding to critical chance in a berserker build. If you do not already have at least 10 points into firearms, you wasting a opportunity for more crits.

You can complain all you want, it is not a vigor nerf, as you can still maintain perma-vigor. And Terrahero, I know your not talking here, because I can quote you from two other threads falsely where you exclaim that it is now impossible to have perma-vigor.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

If your running a physical damage build without grenades, I feel sorry for you and have no idea why you wouldn’t. It benefits from SD plus has equally great burst while giving you the ability to lay out aoe hurt and great downed pressure while staying far far away when necessary. For condi builds that don’t use it I understand, but full dps not so much. Anyway I still don’t understand how you do not see this as a nerf as that is what we were talking about. You saying oh, put 10 more points in firearms doesn’t change the fact that to keep the mobility we have now + having permanent vigor we will have to take 2 traits instead of 1. I cannot begin to fathom how you do not see that as a nerf. My biggest concern however isn’t even the vigor so much as the IP change, the lack of decent adept traits is horrible and the fact that they are moving IP to such an already competitive trait choice disturbs me.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

Yeah, because it is such a terrible thing to have points in the firearms line adding to critical chance in a berserker build. If you do not already have at least 10 points into firearms, you wasting a opportunity for more crits.

You can complain all you want, it is not a vigor nerf, as you can still maintain perma-vigor. And Terrahero, I know your not talking here, because I can quote you from two other threads falsely where you exclaim that it is now impossible to have perma-vigor.

You keep changing your story.

First its not a nerf, now its “ow just put the points in Firearms, no biggie”.

I got 20 into firearms. For 20%cd reduction and range increase. To maintain my perma-vigor i’d either have to take 10points out of Explosives (byebye Grenadier) or from Tools (byebye Speedy Kits and ooc mobility), or lose range or lose 20% cd reduction. It is a biggie, and i am going to lose something, either perma-vigor or something else.

Also, please quote me because i dont remember saying that at all. But you made a great point, you cannot rely on just Infused Precision to keep perma-Vigor going.

Even with 40% boon duration you only have a 2second window to not just land a crit, but also have that crit be the crit that triggers Infused Precision (50% on crit).
Vigor is going to fall off, constantly. Unlike the current Speed Kits-combo which can infact maintain 100% uptime of Vigor.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

If your running a physical damage build without grenades, I feel sorry for you and have no idea why you wouldn’t.

Umm, becuase

1. In my opinion it is a misconception that grenade are the best damage, when it is actually grenades. Many players have posted the math explaining this.

2. Because I do not like the way grenades play and feel.

3. Because I can, and it is fun and to be honest

4. Aww, bless your little heart. You feel sorry for me? Aww, that is so naively innocent.
No need my herd following friend. I truly have and enjoy my build, and because I think outside the box, it appears I can do things you are incapable of doing with your build.

you cannot rely on just Infused Precision to keep perma-Vigor going.

Sure you can, skilled players have been doing it for a year my friend. And umm, no, I am not changing my story in the least. I simply do not see the speedy kits change as anything less then a buff.

I am sorry it hurts your feeling that i disagree with you. But it is extremely reasonable that I find doubling the duration of the buff know as swiftness as a buff. If you have difficulty comprehending his, that is your problem, not mine.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQJAqelIqyaX3y3F17IxYGdmzgZU37KSR+bMA-jwCBYLChEEgEFIUGAJPFRjtMsIasqHYqSLqW5CweDwbgRrGA-e

Physical damage build without nades works fine. for me. havnt had not one issue yet. in pve nor WvW.. i dont see the problem. Can keep perma vigor and perma swiftness up at all times. When im not roaming grab a tool kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

coglin.1867:
1. In my opinion it is a misconception that grenade are the best damage, when it is actually grenades. Many players have posted the math explaining this.

this post is like an inception, maybe its a post ception?

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

you cannot rely on just Infused Precision to keep perma-Vigor going.

Sure you can, skilled players have been doing it for a year my friend. And umm, no, I am not changing my story in the least. I simply do not see the speedy kits change as anything less then a buff.

I am sorry it hurts your feeling that i disagree with you. But it is extremely reasonable that I find doubling the duration of the buff know as swiftness as a buff. If you have difficulty comprehending his, that is your problem, not mine.

Being skilled doesnt magically make it 100% chance on crit, or make you magically crit 100% of the time right during that window where Vigor can be refreshed.

You can have a high uptime, assuming you geared for high-precision (there we go, another requirement), but its still not 100% uptime as speedy kits. Which worked regardless of how you geared aswell.

Also my feelings dont get hurt from you disagreeing, by now i’m quite familiar with your attutide of disagreeing with whatever most people believe is correct. If only just for the sake of disagreeing.
And its starting to show because you’re just making no sense whatsoever anymore, trying to defend your idea that its not a nerf and that Infused Precision can keep up 100% vigor no matter what.

Something anyone with even an ounce of common sense can see is simply false.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

You act as if the engineer is being singled out as a profession on this and it is an engineer nerf. You need to look at changes to other professions.

I see this as a buff to speedy kits. They are changing all the other professions vigor traits as well. Due to the fact that they are doing this consistently, I do not feel it is a nerf to engineers. this is a reasonable outlook in that context.

You, yourself, have demanded in more then one other thread that it is an inconvenience to have to spam swap kits to keep up swiftness. As you personally specifically demanded a increase in the duration of speedy kits, I find difficulty accepting your comments about common sense. It is hard to take your backhanded insult seriously, when all your doing is complaining about getting exactly what you demanding in multiple post.

in Engineer

Posted by: Baron NJS.5704

Baron NJS.5704

all other classes are irrelevant. a nerf is when something becomes less effective than it once was and obviously a buff is the opposite.
So based off of the definition if it is harder for me to use something effectively (ie:need more points to do the same job) then it is indeed a nerf in my books.