So how's the class now?

So how's the class now?

in Engineer

Posted by: gek.6041

gek.6041

I just made an engineer and its level 20+ at the moment and its really quite difficult to level it compared to the other class I 80’ed

Anyway how is it now with patch? Any changes?

So how's the class now?

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Ah… not really. This patch didn’t really change much. Flamethrower is looking a little better than it did before, and so is toolkit.

Nothing really game changing for your level, so don’t worry.

So how's the class now?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

I found my own engineer fairly easy to level, I only have a bad time soloing champions and such.

What kind of build do you use? What kind of armor and weapons?

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

So how's the class now?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I found my own engineer fairly easy to level, I only have a bad time soloing champions and such.

Imo engineer is one of best class to solo champs. Try some like static discharge build – Massive dmg, Rifle has geat CC with short cd, perma swiftness, lots of dodge. Melee champ will never hit you.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V70;2sPFn0l6gSFx0;9;5T-9T;1235;10;015BL;5sV2DsV2D5Bw

(copy/paste link click will dont work)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

So how's the class now?

in Engineer

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

I did fine while I leveled. I used turrets though, they act like little tanks here and there. If used well they can be awesome to level with! Engineer is less forgiving than for example the Warrior, but it makes it even more worthwhile to play one!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

So how's the class now?

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Imo engineer is one of best class to solo champs. Try some like static discharge build – Massive dmg, Rifle has geat CC with short cd, perma swiftness, lots of dodge. Melee champ will never hit you.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V70;2sPFn0l6gSFx0;9;5T-9T;1235;10;015BL;5sV2DsV2D5Bw

(copy/paste link click will dont work)

I gotta say, I have to agree. The engineer has issues. PvE soloing is not one of them.

I’m using a pretty standard kit mastery/sickman syndrome build, 30/0/0/20/20 and honestly, the amount of utility I have at my discretion in terms of blinds, cc (imob, freezes, cripples, knockdown, knockback) and movement control (rifle #5, eg #4) is great.

Kit refinement may have had an internal cooldown added, but the healing throughput and condition removal I can achieve is amazing, even more so now that Super elixir has been buffed.

I will say that Engineer was indeed the hardest profession to level for me. But it was also just the second one I’d ever played.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

So how's the class now?

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Engineer was a lot easier for me to level than Mesmer, but then my main is an Ele, stance dancing for life :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

So how's the class now?

in Engineer

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

Engineer also gets easier to level as you progress. At 20 you’ve only got one 10 point trait to work with (which ideally would be in Tools, so you can swap between Speedy Kits for running and Static Discharge for damage) but it keeps getting better and better from there.