So much hate.... Why?

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Piousp.6957

Piousp.6957

So many people complaining…. Ugh.
Engineer its a nice class, period.
Does it have some problems? Yes, but i’m sure every class got its quota too.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

In my opinion the profession is one of the least ready for game’s release. That is why I am underwhelmed. I’ve tried elementalist, thief, mesmer and engineer so far. Mesmer and Engineer are tied for ‘not ready for release’. Elementalist and thief have some issues, but they are definitely more finished products.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

The only need to fix the Bugs

Some Traits dont work, Kit switch loses stats i mean not weapon damage i mean +vit or +crit. Bleeding on Autohit is to short. Elixirs are useless in groupfights cause the random factor is a risk.

I dont hate my engi but sometime i am jealous when i see what warrior or thiefs can do, while i hit with 300-500 Autohit and a 110 Bleed tick for 2 seconds.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

problem is, only a few combinations work and the rest is bugged, thats why so many complain. those bugs exist since beta and many pointed them out but the devs were to lazy to fix it.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Keelin.5781

Keelin.5781

People complain because there’s problems to complain about. Easy as that.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Algomyth.5479

Algomyth.5479

“Bugs”?

The only “bug” I’ve seen is the flamer missing too much when it shouldn’t and the auto-attack not being retained when you switch. I don’t know what traits people thing are broken or what combos don’t work.

All the other stuff mentioned are intended features. People don’t like them? Fine, ask for improvements. But “broken” and “not ready for release”? I am 65 now with my Engi and I have enjoyed every step of the way.

I am not a damage monster (don’t think that any class is) and I am not invincible, but I have a tool for every occasion and if you underestimate me you will hurt.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

“Bugs”?

The only “bug” I’ve seen is the flamer missing too much when it shouldn’t and the auto-attack not being retained when you switch. I don’t know what traits people thing are broken or what combos don’t work.

All the other stuff mentioned are intended features. People don’t like them? Fine, ask for improvements. But “broken” and “not ready for release”? I am 65 now with my Engi and I have enjoyed every step of the way.

I am not a damage monster (don’t think that any class is) and I am not invincible, but I have a tool for every occasion and if you underestimate me you will hurt.

So, its intended for the auto attacks to not be remembered on kits?

For engineer to be the only class to not benefit from on swap sigils?

For kits to make you lose stats when you equip them?

For skills to be arbitrarily affected by sigils depending on whether or not you have a kit equipped?

Is that all intended? Please tell me it is.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Algomyth.5479

Algomyth.5479

Like I said, auto-target (read!!) issue is a bug. As for your other 3 points are basically the same one repeated 3 times. So (like I also said) if you don’t like something you ask for improvements instead of calling things “broken” and what-the-fluffy-kitten-ever. Intended is not necessarily the best implemented so send your data to the suggestions and cut the whining.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Andazeus.1928

Andazeus.1928

There are over half a dozen traits that simply do not work, elixirs are bugged ( they sometimes do not work), rifle animations are bugged (the animations take longer than the skills), turret ai is terrible, flamethrower and blunderbuss are bugged, elixir gun 2 is bugged, static shot is bugged, throw shield is bugged, auto-attacks with kits are bugged, sigils are bugged, several tooltips are just plain wrong and the balance is completely of everywhere.

It would probably be easier to just list what is working properly.

But I think the biggest gripe is indeed, that many of these problems persist for many months now and apart from a few nerfs, we have seen little change (the change to the mines has been the only real fix I have seen to anything engineer related).

For example, the tooltip of elixir b has been plain wrong for several months now. You would expect this to be an easy fix (just a bit of text) but nothing is happening. Also, with some of the bugs, we’ve been told they will be fixed soon for many months now.

I think many engineers are just starting to get a bit weary and disappointed for feeling somewhat abandoned. The general concept of the class sounds fun, but so far, it just doesn’t seem to deliver.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Lyuben.2613

Like I said, auto-target (read!!) issue is a bug. As for your other 3 points are basically the same one repeated 3 times. So (like I also said) if you don’t like something you ask for improvements instead of calling things “broken” and what-the-fluffy-kitten-ever. Intended is not necessarily the best implemented so send your data to the suggestions and cut the whining.

How is it the same one 3 times?

They are all separate broken elements of kits. Its not one issue.

The fact that I get no stats when using a kit, is different to me not being allowed to use “on swap” sigils.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Odin.8691

Odin.8691

for some reason the flame thrower also cant do air blast +flame blast, or you get “obstructed”.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Brick Mantooth.9520

Brick Mantooth.9520

The class is ok, my overall opinion of the class is that it’s just kinda clunky at times. Kits are kind of a strange awkward mechanic.

Overall the class feels like when you’re questing in a traditional mmo type game and a quest giver hands you a weapon/tool that you have to use to complete the quest. ie) ghost zapping gun or something else that you use one time and it takes all of your skill buttons and turns them into something completely new for that quest only. You either like those types of quests or you don’t. This profession I feel is for people that enjoy that type of quest.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rarnd.7120

Rarnd.7120

The flamethrower certainly feels underpowered at early levels at least when compaired to other weapon kits, but I wouldn’t see it to be a reason to complain. It’s a fun kit! No other kit allows you to run around spitting fire all over everything nearby. I think once the bugs / glitches are tuned (flame missing a lot, no auto-attack etc.) it’ll be even more fantastic.

Also a question: Kits don’t scale with any item, right? They just have their own per-level scaling. Won’t that make engineer extremely underpowered in endgame where the only “scaling” is through better gear? Won’t that leave the engineer to fall behind on damage? Just a concern whenever I hear that things don’t scale with gear.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Lyuben.2613

The flamethrower certainly feels underpowered at early levels at least when compaired to other weapon kits, but I wouldn’t see it to be a reason to complain. It’s a fun kit! No other kit allows you to run around spitting fire all over everything nearby. I think once the bugs / glitches are tuned (flame missing a lot, no auto-attack etc.) it’ll be even more fantastic.

Also a question: Kits don’t scale with any item, right? They just have their own per-level scaling. Won’t that make engineer extremely underpowered in endgame where the only “scaling” is through better gear? Won’t that leave the engineer to fall behind on damage? Just a concern whenever I hear that things don’t scale with gear.

I believe they scale, but in a unique way.

Since they have no ‘weapon strength’, its just raw power and raw malice that affects their damage.

You can certainly see the difference in condition duration after investing in explosives, so they are affected by stats.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rarnd.7120

Rarnd.7120

I believe they scale, but in a unique way.

Since they have no ‘weapon strength’, its just raw power and raw malice that affects their damage.

You can certainly see the difference in condition duration after investing in explosives, so they are affected by stats.

Thank you for this information and putting my worry to rest. I’m glad to know that they scale in at least some way!

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Blackstar.4103

Blackstar.4103

In my opinion the profession is one of the least ready for game’s release. That is why I am underwhelmed. I’ve tried elementalist, thief, mesmer and engineer so far. Mesmer and Engineer are tied for ‘not ready for release’. Elementalist and thief have some issues, but they are definitely more finished products.

Necro’s would like a word with you, we have some of THE worst traits I have ever seen. Also every build needs a staff, sorry for the derail but if your class is “broken” get in line liek the rest of us.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

I think directly comparing it to the warrior or thief is (on one level) setting yourself up for disappointment, since those are classes designed to brute-force things. Ergo, you’ll never match them in terms of raw power.
However, I do agree with the general consensus that the class isn’t really ‘ready for prime-time’. There’s lots of really fun, good ideas but too much stuff feels clunky (grenade kits for example) and there are issues like redoing the autoattack for the flamethrower’s skill #1 every time to equip the kit. The biggest problem I suspect is in the class’ basic concept; each kit seems to be designed to let you do something utterly different. The medkit turns you into a medic, the flame-thrower’s designed for crowd control, ect. The big problem with that is if the class becomes too good at these things, there’s no point using other classes since the engineer can do everything (Ritualists say hi: healing, protection and damage!)
Of course, there’s the danger of making the class (which I suspect is it’s current status) where it’s just not good enough at all these things.

Perhaps another way to phrase it is by using the medkit as an example: it lets you drop medkits, a condition remover and buff. Currently it’s (probably) overall a bit dodgy. The medkits take a good 12 seconds to recharge, and heal for (comparatively) very little.
However, if they healed for much more, or recharged much faster, then there would be the very real danger of the class getting pigeon-holed into the ‘healer’ and players in general expecting the engineer to be much better at healing in general than other classes.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Threlmar.7315

Threlmar.7315

There are issues, but the profession is far from unplayable. I might encounter a bug or two occasionally, such as broken traits, but aside from that I’ve really enjoyed playing my little asura engineer. I happen to LOVE explosives, and that’s where the profession really seems to shine atm, so I could see those that prefer other playstyles being disappointed in the performance of other kits/weapons.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

I happen to LOVE explosives, and that’s where the profession really seems to shine atm, so I could see those that prefer other playstyles being disappointed in the performance of other kits/weapons.

Pretty much this. If you don’t like bombs/grenades you probably won’t enjoy the engineer as it is currently.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Strongback.6420

Strongback.6420

Could have something to do with the bugged skills and traits and the fact that many engineer skills are completely useless.

The only viable builds center around using bombs or grenades and once get bored or the finger pain starts to be too much to use these builds any longer, this class has NOTHING to offer to you.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mongo.2490

Mongo.2490

What if there was a system in place where you could combine kits? I have no idea how it would be implemented, but if you could have 3 flamethrower skills and 2 grenade skills, I think this would be better than 5 grenade skills…

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: aflarge.1439

aflarge.1439

What if there was a system in place where you could combine kits? I have no idea how it would be implemented, but if you could have 3 flamethrower skills and 2 grenade skills, I think this would be better than 5 grenade skills…

There’s virtually no CD on kit-swapping, and you can do it even when you’re stunned.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mongo.2490

Mongo.2490

I think the whole weapon/kit swapping mindset is a difficult concept for many people (me absolutely included) to get used to, and I think it all stems from not having proper hotkeys setup.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Orson.8034

Orson.8034

I think the whole weapon/kit swapping mindset is a difficult concept for many people (me absolutely included) to get used to, and I think it all stems from not having proper hotkeys setup.

I found that kit swapping is much easier when you have q bound to heal, ert to utilities, and z bound to elite with shift as the dodge key.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

It’s underrated for sure, people always ask me how I do so much damage since the pvp npcs hardly take 2k out of me before collapsing.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

it’s just because bad players love to complain while the good ones have no need to post anything in forum.

so if u just look at forum u will just see what you are seeing ….

Blackgate

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: SixSins.7610

SixSins.7610

it’s just because bad players love to complain while the good ones have no need to post anything in forum.

so if u just look at forum u will just see what you are seeing ….

I post here because there are a LOT of bugs and weaknesses in the class that shouldn’t be there, I discuss these with other players to try to find fixes that we can then suggest to the devs. Doesn’t make me a bad player, it means that I don’t like working around thins that shouldn’t be a problem to begin with.

So much hate.... Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

There are multiple issues with my build, but that’s what in-game bug reports are for.

Some bugs that stands out:
Acid Bomb, Elixir F & Super Elixir are not affected by the Elixir traits.
Elixir F & Super Elixir aren’t affected by the 20% cooldown of the Elixir Gun trait.
Elixir U’s Quickness lasts only 5s instead of 48s.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer