So... turrets.

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

With the new patch, I really want to make a turret build.

What would you recommend? What stats are important for a turret build? I’d prefer one that focuses on a mix of CC and damage.

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: CheapGamer.3691

CheapGamer.3691

PvE, PvP, or WvW?

Engineer Cheapgamer [TRON] Magumma

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

WvW. I’ve found that with deployable turrets, you can toss them on to walls when attacking for hilarious results.

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

For pvp the build I use Currently is 4/0/6/2/2
Explosives:III,V
Inventions:III,IV,XIII
Alchemy:VI
Tools:VI
Amulet: Soldier’s
Runes: Melandru
Weapon:Rifle
Sigils: Energy,Intelligence
As for the utilities and kits I run Healing Turret,Bomb Kit,Thumper Turret. Rifle Turret and Supply Crate. This build is pretty tanky while having the ability to hold a point for periods of time and can dish out a hefty amount of control and damage that usually surprises the people I face. Try it out it’s pretty fun let me know about how you like it.

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Stats to pick with turrets i think are power thoughness vitality (soldier) Since you probably will make most use of those stats.

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Stats for a mix of CC and Damage…

Well, CC comes from turrets regardless of stats.

So damage can come from power, crit, or condi damage gear. Pick one you like and choose a weapon accordingly.

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Stats to pick with turrets i think are power thoughness vitality (soldier) Since you probably will make most use of those stats.

Turrets don’t scale to Power, despite their tooltips. The tooltips are liars. Nevertheless, I have heard of ‘Berserker Turret’ being effective.

What Turrets do scale to: Condition Damage/Duration, Boon Duration, Healing Power. Cleric, Apothecary, or Carrion would likely be the best equipment sets for maximizing the effectiveness of the Turrets themselves and the user’s survivability.

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I play 2/0/6/6/0 and it works a charm. Tons of damage and good survivability through CC.

You can swap out Rocket Turret for Thumper Turret. They are fairly equal in my opinion.
Thumper provides AoE Protection often and has a knock-down, but it has a small attack radius.
Rocket is good damage with good range, has a lower cooldown on it’s knock-down but gives AoE retaliation.

(edited by Zach.3264)

So... turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: scimi.3487

scimi.3487

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdQQFAUlUUpyq9ZxmKseNSbBFylWRRvxqE7PugAA-TlSBABZpM4MlgXp0ojLAAWKx+b/B80Rgp6PLcgAA4BAAA-w

Been running this the last 2 weeks or so. As a solo roamer it’s really tough to bring down and dishes out some powerful AOE damage + CC. It shines even more in small group play with the huge number of AOE boons. All the blast finishers plus the combo fields also means you can stack up 20+ stacks of might or 12 seconds of stealth as needed.